• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

Won the league with Feyenoord last season and was very close to joining Spurs but did a Xabi Alonso and stayed with the Dutch club

Impressive job at Feyenoord and turned down Spurs last summer. Not sure about playing style etc, but seems he is a fan of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and high energy attacking football while having the strongest defense.

What happened to Amorim? Not really following, has he turned us down? Jeez, are we a poisoned chalice?

Impressive job at Feyenoord and turned down Spurs last summer. Not sure about playing style etc, but seems he is a fan of 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 and high energy attacking football while having the strongest defense.
Sign him up

What happened to Amorim? Not really following, has he turned us down? Jeez, are we a poisoned chalice?

Ornstein seems to suggest he wasn't our top candidate and that West Ham are primed to make him an offer.

"

What has been said about him?​

The former midfielder has been compared to Pep Guardiola, according to Dutch football journalist Marcel van der Kraan, who said: “He's a really good manager and sometimes it can come fast and quick. I've followed Feyenoord for 40 years. Not since the days of Johan Cruyff at Ajax in the 1980s has there been a coach so attack-minded in the Dutch league. Cruyff only had a few disciples who followed him and one of them was Pep Guardiola.

“I would say Slot is a Guardiola-style manager based on everything I've seen over the past couple of years. The fans of Feyenoord can't believe what they've seen over that time.”

As reported by Sky Sports, Slot is a fan of rap, having travelled from Rotterdam to Amsterdam to attend a gig by Dutch rapper Jonna Fraser back in 2023.

Slot's charisma has also been praised, the report stated: "Less is known about Slot the man. Slot the person.

"He's engaging, polite, very smiley, he's hot presence and charisma - and he's funny."

What has he said about his future?​

Back in 2023, Slot revealed that his next club will not be in his home country of the Netherlands.

He said: "My next step will not be a club in Holland."

Who was the best Erdevisie manager before this guy? Where is he? What’s he done? So we take second best?

I dont think Ten Hag ever was the best manager in the Eredivisie. He just had the best team, by far.

Guess soon as we got Hughes and Edwards back, it was always going to be driven by them. At least it's not Hodgson, so guess let's see.

Looked at some games in Europe

- Seems to play a high press
- Lost 4 out of 6 games. Won 2 in CL last season (underwhelming)
- Strikers seem to miss a lot of chances
- watching CL matches v AM - 3 goals against the result of defender error
- Played well in Madrid

Last edited:
Guess soon as we got Hughes and Edwards back, it was always going to be driven by them. At least it's not Hodgson, so guess let's see.

I had faith in Edwards. Hughes had a bit of Brodgers going on. Euro influences, lots of big talk, but coming from... Bournemouth.

I find it impressive that he achieved 1.93 points per game at AZ. Scoring 2,03 goals per game and conceding 0,9.
Finishing 4th with that team is quite the achievement given the competition from the top teams in the Eredivisie.
Shows that he's certainly a good manager and coach.

Won the league in his second season at Feyenoord.

I find it impressive that we continue to be linked with people who I've no fucking clue who they are and everyone is willing to collectively bullshit ourselves about them.

1.93 points per game? Holy shit!
List of managers I can rattle off my head.

Klopp
Dog shagger
Lego head
Don’t need to be a winner to be a winner

I’m starting to struggle now.

My point is I haven’t a bloody clue about anyone from players to non-Liverpool players. So I’m not going to worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom