• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

The problem is, everyone is shite other than Alonso.

Are we sure he won't change his mind. For the love of Robbie, please make him change his mind.
Not really.

After Xabi, Inzaghi was my close 2nd choice. I even rated him higher at one time. Sadly both of them are not available.

Oh well. Time for me to find a new sport/hobby.

why is he speaking english? He has I am guessing mostly dutch players

That Feyenoord squad in 22/23 had players from 17 different nationalities.

Dated 15 May 2023

In Holland they call it indoctrineren (indoctrinate) and Slot bombarded the players with stats, with clips and with far more sophisticated and intense training sessions in which every minute is accounted for. City and Napoli are reference points to this train-the-way-you-play approach. In a recent presentation – with a multi-national squad, all meetings are conducted in English

Not really.

After Xabi, Inzaghi was my close 2nd choice. I even rated him higher at one time. Sadly both of them are not available.

Oh well. Time for me to find a new sport/hobby.

You really must hate Dutch if you prefer a manager that can’t speak English!

I love him because he's a mad lunatic ... imagine traveling all the way from Rotterdam to Amsterdam to see a gig. With that sort of attitude his footballing style is going to be edge of the seat stuff.
So we're going from heavy metal football to freestyle soccer?

Neither America nor England are good places to eat, in general.

You can find very good food in both. England lost a ton of food culture in the last 100 years, and the USA did the same with regard to regional cuisine.

If you were dropped in either country and had to eat in the first place you encountered, you are likely to eat some fucking defrosted slop out of an factory.

People who judge food culture based on being able to find great stuff if you know where to look kind of miss the point.

Last edited:
I mean WTF are we looking at? Moves that play around at the back, more or less like we do now … except in most of those clips they don’t end in goals.

Against mostly utterly crap opposition clearly out of their depth.

Absolutely nothing registers as positive. If I thought Amorim a gamble then this guy is like putting your house on a roll of the dice at craps.

Half the team will be demanding transfers within a week of his arrival.

Hopefully when he says his next move won’t be in the NL he’s talking about the SPL, Luton or Sheffield United

I mean WTF are we looking at? Moves that play around at the back, more or less like we do now … except in most of those clips they don’t end in goals.

Absolutely nothing registers as positive. If I thought Amorim a gamble then this guy is like putting your house on a roll of the dice at craps.

Hopefully when he says his next move won’t be in the NL he’s talking about the SPL, Luton or Sheffield United

Now thats a prediction I’ll take a bet against.

Is there a way to bookmark a post for future use?

"He has drilled his team to be adept at turning defensive actions into shooting opportunities and they top the Eredivisie for tackles won in the opposition's final third."

So exciting isn't it?

I can usually convince myself somethign is a good idea. This though? I don't see it

I'll not believe any manager links until I see them with the scarf.

I also think whoever comes in is doomed from the very start.

Doomed, I say.

Doomed.

I could fire up Football Manager on the laptop, leave some treats on the keyboard and my dumb, half-blind cat could deliver the Eredivisie.

Please don't be completely fucking shit.

I really underappreciated the depths of anti-Dutch sentiment on SCM ;)

_7cey4YPrg6-Xcf60ew3901B4u9GIOjndoZAPOj4fIe3Fym3rK5-wgm8uXnEOCrRumfTbk6smkO7gx4Ihhd8FfpXonz3OyJvvdAz-92uLgF67g3CPH_PiOhKBNqh8JEZf8F_kEdFFvzFdY2uONIJUesTXZG-TewmVKY

Will be fun to revisit this thread when he delivers us the league.

Slot’s it home

"He has drilled his team to be adept at turning defensive actions into shooting opportunities and they top the Eredivisie for tackles won in the opposition's final third."

So exciting isn't it?
What’s wrong with that? This is literally a statistical embodiment of Klopp’s principle “pressing is the best playmaker.” We wanted our data guys to find the closest possible thing to Klopp based on obscure stats such as “shots created from defensive actions” and “points gained from losing positions” and when the data pointed to a baldie from Zwolle everyone suddenly goes: “no, it can’t be him!”

I agree with you about Dutch coaches of the past, but Slot seems to represent a different generation and philosophy within Dutch football, together with the likes of Lijnders and Peter Bosz - managers who give their players a lot more freedom within their system and insist on intense attacking football instead of sterile control. Slot might be the best manager among that cohort, but it remains to be seen whether his best is world-class or simply very good.

For what it’s worth, I’ve watched some of Feyenoord’s games this season and liked their approach, even in games where they fell short. It would be a big step up to a club like Liverpool, but it’s easier if you don’t have to drastically change tactics and philosophy compared to Klopp. Basically think of Slot as Lijnders who is actually a head coach.
Sounds like the skinny bald head version of Ten Haag. This post Klopp/Salah/Trent world sounds really shite already. At least I may have a chance of getting a ticket next season...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom