• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

I actually can't believe we're strongly linked with some stupid Dutch fucking nobody.

Never mind he's won next to fuck all and he's going to win another load of fuck all this year, they all turn out to be weird Presbyterian technocrats who force their squad to eat cold boiled shit and pass sideways and then smirk as they tell the press that everything is just fine with a narrow defeat to Everton

Fuck right off with this ridiculous bullshit.

But you live in the NW! When I finally moved ‘Darn souf’ I was amazed at the difference in blue skies vs overcast drizzly ones. It may not rain quite as much as it feels like but the amount of days you only see grey above you was soooo depressing

See I like the drizzle. It means I can walk my dogs down the beach for hours and only bump into the odd friendly weirdo. Sun comes out and so do the slabs of Madri and xl bullies and all the cunts who look like this Arne Slot tossbag.

I don't think English managers are overrated at all, purely because I can't think of any English managers who anyone really thinks are that good.

Hopefully Sir Jim of Ratcliffe disagrees and really rates Gareth Southgate.

Wait wait guys, we are linked with another random manager. He has won the third rate tier league he's in, but we need far more in depth analysis than that. You'll never believe this, but on the way to winning the title his team won a high percentage of games, scoring an above average number of goals, all whole conceding a below average amount. It's dizzying stuff, I feel like I've seen his soul now.

Farkys new manager selection process:

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/BigTimeGaming-official-btg-wof-big-time-gaming-8wVRtdu0M1u0AvcDVM

I've zero doubt he'll be absolutely wank, all Dutch managers are. They come in with the promise of total football and then single out all the flair players for days of watching lucas using the ludovico technique, and take them all jogging in a swimming bath filled with porridge until they're all crying about being slaves and needing to be back home with mama in the favella. But apart from that the pressure he'd be under from day one would be unbearable. I mean just for a start I'd be bricking his windows before he'd even had his first coaching session, the useless fat headed fuck

But you live in the NW! When I finally moved ‘Darn souf’ I was amazed at the difference in blue skies vs overcast drizzly ones. It may not rain quite as much as it feels like but the amount of days you only see grey above you was soooo depressing
Blue skies right now. It’s wonderful in my garden. Thing is coming to life.

As Woland says, it’s boss going down the beach when it’s not quite perfect. I like it down there when it’s bad watching the ocean go mad.

I love when spring gets warm enough and you can sit out on castle street watching people go by.

I love the smell of autumn approaching.

It’s boss here.

You southern shandy drinkers are just wimps. No wonder there’s loads of fannies in the gaff. You’re just not hard enough.

I don't think English managers are overrated at all, purely because I can't think of any English managers who anyone really thinks are that good.
Potter was the last one. He crashed and burned.

You’re in Australia who has no actual national dishes.
That has nothing to do with the fact English food is rightfully labelled trash.
I love my home made Irish dishes but I’m very aware they are trash too if that wasn’t all you grew up with and haven’t travelled the world.

Last edited:
I love my home made Irish dishes but I’m very aware they are trash too if that wasn’t all you grew up and haven’t travelled the world.
Fucking hell dreamy. We aren’t eating potatoes and onions. A roast dinner is absolutely phenomenal. There’s no better breakfast than a full English.

Fucking hell dreamy. We aren’t eating potatoes and onions. A roast dinner is absolutely phenomenal. There’s no better breakfast than a full English.
I think you’ll find outside of the UK that’s not the common opinion.
I like to cook my steak with onions but not eat the onions.

I think you’ll find outside of the UK that’s not the common opinion.
I like to cook my steak with onions but not eat the onions.
It’s because of general opinion that British food is shit without asking what is shit about it.

It’s because of general opinion that British food is shit without asking what is shit about it.
Tiktok Americans don't like it seemingly because it's beige and lacking spices.

Motherfucker a roast don't need no spices.

It's not just that British food has upped its game massively in the last couple of decades, it has, but I think the range of very good quality affordable scran you can get here is amazing. Within ten mins walk of my house you've got three boss Turkish, three Italian, four Indian, a Mexican, a Greek, two steakhouses, a chicken gaff, a sushi place, three Chinese, an ace tapas, and various other takeaways and stuff. When you get to loads of Europe their main scran might be nice but you're fucked for variety, at least compared to here. And dont get me started on America. Michelin stars for deep fried chicken dippers.

Tiktok Americans don't like it seemingly because it's beige and lacking spices.

Motherfucker a roast don't need no spices.
Fucking yanks smother shit in hot sauce and would turn their noses up at French fine dining.

Which is heavily influencing the UK Michelin star scene. British food done properly is immense.

Yeah I guess... Herb mad. And garlic, horseradish, mustards, not sure what the fuck they actually are if we're doing family trees.

It’s dinner time. I have some homemade chicken soup and the missus’ sourdough.

Blue skies right now. It’s wonderful in my garden. Thing is coming to life.

As Woland says, it’s boss going down the beach when it’s not quite perfect. I like it down there when it’s bad watching the ocean go mad.

I love when spring gets warm enough and you can sit out on castle street watching people go by.

I love the smell of autumn approaching.

It’s boss here.

You southern shandy drinkers are just wimps. No wonder there’s loads of fannies in the gaff. You’re just not hard enough.
Oooh yeah shandy.

*goes downstairs to get a can of Wurenbacher Radler - not my favourite, which is Ottakringer, but I can't find here.

Fucking yanks smother shit in hot sauce and would turn their noses up at French fine dining.

Which is heavily influencing the UK Michelin star scene. British food done properly is immense.
My niece is in the US doing a year in Uni there and she went to her Yank boyfriend's family for Thanksgiving. She said fucking everything on the plate had sugar in it. The Sweet potato mash had fucking marshmallows in it. The gravy had lashings of syrup in it. She said it was awful.

When we have a roast now, which cos it's fucking freezing is still like twice a week, my missus starts doing the gravy in the morning. Starts off by caramelising loads of onions, leaks and garlic, low heat for hours, then adds all the herbs and chillis and a stupid amount of red wine and port, reducing, repeating, and it all takes hours and makes the house smell amazing. Later adds the stock and whatever other juices come from the meat, and I can't get over how amazing it all is. I got that recipe from my mate at the camberwell arms, who do an amazing roast.

If you think British food is shit then good for you but I don't think you can have looked very hard. I think it's based on people growing up post war when rationing and poverty had been huge problems, so food became fuel and that meant as much cheap bland shit as possible, and that had a generational impact. But that's a while ago now.

I love my home made Irish dishes but I’m very aware they are trash too if that wasn’t all you grew up with and haven’t travelled the world.
I've traveled the world. Lived on 3 continents and in 9 countries. Visited around 80 countries. Britain has some GREAT food. If you don't know it or appreciate it then I guess you've never had the good stuff !

When we have a roast now, which cos it's fucking freezing is still like twice a week, my missus starts doing the gravy in the morning. Starts off by caramelising loads of onions, leaks and garlic, low heat for hours, then adds all the herbs and chillis and a stupid amount of red wine and port, reducing, repeating, and it all takes hours and makes the house smell amazing. Later adds the stock and whatever other juices come from the meat, and I can't get over how amazing it all is. I got that recipe from my mate at the camberwell arms, who do an amazing roast.

If you think British food is shit then good for you but I don't think you can have looked very hard. I think it's based on people growing up post war when rationing and poverty had been huge problems, so food became fuel and that meant as much cheap bland shit as possible, and that had a generational impact. But that's a while ago now.

Care to share the recipe? my wife gets a can of bisto out of the cupboard and mixes it with boiling water. I’m fine with this but your way sounds better.

We're back in the UK/Europe for 4-5 months from May. One of my first stops will be the fantastic roast beef and yorkshire pud Sunday lunch at one of the local pubs ($). Plus the superb local Japanese of course ($$$) and there's another we love downtown (London that is, modern English $$$$) which is out of this world. I'll pop the name in here when I've spoken to my daughter.

Back
Top Bottom