• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

He’ll Slot right in

Same as what Carragher is saying in the Torygraph. I don’t want some enigmatic leader who just happens to say the right thing. I want to win by people doing their talking on the pitch.

Carragher can also fuck off with that Tuchel shit. He’s finished second in a one team league.
This *former players chatting shite* must be catching.
Souness said this week that he'd have Mourinho at Liverpool and that the fans would take to him because "he's a fighter".

An example of said, Jose, "fighting"...

jose-mourinho-holding-ball.jpg

I might have read the interview wrong. But what did he actually say that was so bad?

I might have read the interview wrong. But what did he actually say that was so bad?

Well for a start he's using feyenoords presser to talk about the deal that's being done for him, he should have shut it down immediately if he had any respect for his current club and fans. Then he starts going on about the massive sums and all the value he's generated like he's Andrew fucking Tate. Other than that it's fine

This *former players chatting shite* must be catching.
Souness said this week that he'd have Mourinho at Liverpool and that the fans would take to him because "he's a fighter".

An example of said, Jose, "fighting"...

jose-mourinho-holding-ball.jpg
Mourinho a fighter?

He’s the whiniest, most pathetic manager in football.

Well for a start he's using feyenoords presser to talk about the deal that's being done for him, he should have shut it down immediately if he had any respect for his current club and fans. Then he starts going on about the massive sums and all the value he's generated like he's Andrew fucking Tate. Other than that it's fine
You say ‘it’s fine’ but I’m sensing that you’ve not taken to him yet..

First part, sure. Although there wasnt that much said.
Second part. I couldnt really understand parts of it but it seemed an answer to the difference between a release clause and the ongoing negotiation.

All in all, not much in it for me. But each to their own there. If he's a dick in his first interview with the club then we're in trouble.
You'd think Edwards has done every check necessary to stay clear of another Brodge.

He said he thought Klopp was a massive wanker and he'll win more in 1 season here than he did 9.

I look forward to him delivering on his word personally.

As for him openly discussing the transfer to another club - yes, it’s unusual for a manager to do that. But football is changing; not long ago fees for managers were unheard of and now coaches and sporting directors are being bought and sold for millions just like players. Slot rejected the aproach from Spurs last year when his contract had a €5M release clause and signed a new contract last year that didn’t - which means Feyenoord would benefit by getting a much larger sum when he does leave. Now that his dream job offer is here, he feels entitled to help his future club bring down the price a bit - in effect he’s already negotiating on our behalf. Given how open he’s about it, I doubt the Feyenoord boss thinks he’s betraying him or anything - this is just part of a tough but respectful negotiation process and maybe there is a bit of a cultural difference about the Dutch people being able to talk about these things in public (this wouldn’t be possible in Italy or Greece where fans might pelter your car at any hint of “disloyalty”).

Anyway, I’m not reading this at all as being big on himself or indicative of a character flaw.

If he was ever doing the same to us, negotiating with Madrid during our press conferences, I'll be waiting for your continued defence. Fortunately you won't have to because he'll only be here a short while and he won't be the one doing the deciding.

As for him openly discussing the transfer to another club - yes, it’s unusual for a manager to do that. But football is changing; not long ago fees for managers were unheard of and now coaches and sporting directors are being bought and sold for millions just like players. Slot rejected the aproach from Spurs last year when his contract had a €5M release clause and signed a new contract last year that didn’t - which means Feyenoord would benefit by getting a much larger sum when he does leave. Now that his dream job offer is here, he feels entitled to help his future club bring down the price a bit - in effect he’s already negotiating on our behalf. Given how open he’s about it, I doubt the Feyenoord boss thinks he’s betraying him or anything - this is just part of a tough but respectful negotiation process and maybe there is a bit of a cultural difference about the Dutch people being able to talk about these things in public (in Italy or Greece some fans might pelter your car at any hint of “disloyalty”).

Anyway, I’m not reading this at all as being big on himself or indicative of a character flaw.

To put the money part further into context. This is a big deal for Feyenoord financially. Their record transfer for a player purchased is 8,3 mill and a 13 mill fee from us would make it the 10th biggest "player" transfer out in their history.

There is nothing in any interviews I've seen that reminds me of Brodge in all honesty. If he was like Brodge he would have been in Turkey by now getting new teeth and a full set of hair.
wait till he gets out the three envelopes and in his best Dutch accent. "In theesh envelopes ishhh the names of players who will fuck up our sheason"

When did Carra become the voice of reason though? There are so many fans making their minds up about Slutty even before they get to know him.
The Feyenoord fans seem devastated, the players love him and his manager colleagues are full of respect.
Thats a good sign.
All in all you just have to trust Edwards and see where it goes, and give Slutty a chance. Just like a Saturday night in Popworld.
Slut and popworld are a dynamic duo!

If he was ever doing the same to us, negotiating with Madrid during our press conferences, I'll be waiting for your continued defence. Fortunately you won't have to because he'll only be here a short while and he won't be the one doing the deciding.
On the other hand, he was fired from AZ for negotiating with Feyenoord, so his previous employer clearly took offence. We might just have to accept that he’s a bit of a Slot.

On the other hand, he was fired from AZ for negotiating with Feyenoord, so his previous employer clearly took offence. We might just have to accept that he’s a bit of a Slot.

Quite something that AZ were joint top of the Eredivisie with Ajax when they cancelled the season with 9 games to go.
Winning the league or even finishing second with AZ is quite the achievement.

Just watched an interview with Jonas Svensson who played for Slutty at AZ.
Very interesting to hear him describe him.

To become their manager in the summer (something managers do all the time), AZ went and ballooned their season for that is a massive overreaction.

Other sources have quoted Slot as saying he told AZ he wouldn't renew with them and that was the reason.

Back
Top Bottom