• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Great expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Four games into the season. 10 out of a possible 12 points.
4 points from two on paper difficult away games (NUFC, CFC).

New signings starting to gel and produce.
Encouraging signs all around, except maybe on the injury front.

What do you expect/demand from this season?

Personally, top 4 is not enough for me. I want us to really challenge for the title this time around.
The media seems to have forgotten that we're the only ones who've been challenging Man C for the last five or so years. They seem to believe that Arsenal have now usurped us.
It's time for a friendly reminder.

This could be our last season with Salah.
Van Dijk is 32 and Robbo is 29 years old. I'm not saying that they're finished, but I also don't think they'll be at their peak for much longer. Thiago and Matip will leave next summer.

Even though the season we went for the quadruple felt like the "last dance", I believe this season might be it for some in our squad. I want us to squeeze everything we can from this group of players and give the next generation with Szobo, Mac, Nunez, Gakpo etc a sense of success and something to build on.

Hopefully this is the start of our next dynasty.

I don't know, maybe I'm a bit naive.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
I'm still gutted we didn't beat the chavs. We would've won it if it wasn't the ref helping them.

And oh, in other non-exciting news, there are rumours of a return for Edwards and Ward.

We are going to push City to the final day. This time it's going to come out in our favour.

I think we have the frontline and midfield to challenge. A lot depends on how the defence holds up but with Ali behind them we always have a chance. A lot going on the two City games.
The media are already creaming themselves over their 4 wins but they are maybe a little lucky to be on 12 points. They look vulnerable to me.

Last edited:
I think we should battle with City and Arsenal for top 3. We're a better team then the other top 6 candidates.
A proper midfield have given us a more settled defense (only City have a better defensive record then us after 4 games) and Darwin look like he can be unleashed this season giving us even more firepower.

The Villa performance and Newcastle comeback have given me great confidence for the season. Hopefully we can win the Europa League as well.

Can't help but feel it'll be another season where injuries and shit decisions derail our season.

Might have a bit of luck with the latter in Europe mind so I'm expecting to reach the semi's at least, if not the final.

Top 4 will be probably go down to the wire, don't see there being many points between 2nd-5th tbh. I expect to finish on 75-80 points.

I think we should battle with City and Arsenal for top 3. We're a better team then the other top 6 candidates.
A proper midfield have given us a more settled defense (only City have a better defensive record then us after 4 games) and Darwin look like he can be unleashed this season giving us even more firepower.

The Villa performance and Newcastle comeback have given me great confidence for the season. Hopefully we can win the Europa League as well.

Watch him start on the bench next game. You know I'm right.

Watch him start on the bench next game. You know I'm right.
Who's gonna displace him given he got 2 assists and looked a constant threat? Jota? Not really done anything this season besides score a tap in. Gakpo? Been poor himself.

These guys have to work their way back if they wanna be regulars, right now it's pretty obvious what our front 3 should be.

Who's gonna displace him given he got 2 assists and looked a constant threat? Jota? Not really done anything this season besides score a tap in. Gakpo? Been poor himself.

These guys have to work their way back if they wanna be regulars, right now it's pretty obvious what our front 3 should be.

Yes it is pretty obvious but not to klopp. I fucking guarantee it, he won't start next game.

Yes it is pretty obvious but not to klopp. I fucking guarantee it, he won't start next game.
Imma quote this post in 12 days time Raz.

As soon as that line up is out, it's gonna be there.

Four games into the season. 10 out of a possible 12 points.
4 points from two on paper difficult away games (NUFC, CFC).

New signings starting to gel and produce.
Encouraging signs all around, except maybe on the injury front.

What do you expect/demand from this season?

Personally, top 4 is not enough for me. I want us to really challenge for the title this time around.
The media seems to have forgotten that we're the only ones who've been challenging Man C for the last five or so years. They seem to believe that Arsenal have now usurped us.
It's time for a friendly reminder.

This could be our last season with Salah.
Van Dijk is 32 and Robbo is 29 years old. I'm not saying that they're finished, but I also don't think they'll be at their peak for much longer. Thiago and Matip will leave next summer.

Even though the season we went for the quadruple felt like the "last dance", I believe this season might be it for some in our squad. I want us to squeeze everything we can from this group of players and give the next generation with Szobo, Mac, Nunez, Gakpo etc a sense of success and something to build on.

Hopefully this is the start of our next dynasty.

I don't know, maybe I'm a bit naive.

Your thoughts?

Minimum... Top 4

Possible Europa league, Good runs in the FA and League Cups

I think we are good enough to challenge for the PL, but I don't think we have enough depth to sustain a challenge. But we might get lucky. Right now. I've got a one game at a time, kind of mentality.

Who knows. We keep picking up points we might find ourselves challenging. I'm just hoping for wins week on week

I think we are good enough to challenge for the PL, but I don't think we have enough depth to sustain a challenge. But we might get lucky. Right now. I've got a one game at a time, kind of mentality.

You don't need depth so to speak, just a reliable squad of mainly 17-18 seniors....that's enough to get the job done.

What was our depth beyond Salah Bobby and Sadio? Or beyond Fab Hendo and Gini? Beyond Ali Robbo and Trent? Pretty much nada, we kept them all fit and we rolled on with every passing week.

You don't need depth so to speak, just a reliable squad of mainly 17-18 seniors....that's enough to get the job done.

What was our depth beyond Salah Bobby and Sadio? Or beyond Fab Hendo and Gini? Beyond Ali Robbo and Trent? Pretty much nada, we kept them all fit and we rolled on with every passing week.

Happy to be wrong, and for sure we've got injuries already to key players and it's going well.

Can't help but feel it'll be another season where injuries and shit decisions derail our season.

Might have a bit of luck with the latter in Europe mind so I'm expecting to reach the semi's at least, if not the final.

Top 4 will be probably go down to the wire, don't see there being many points between 2nd-5th tbh. I expect to finish on 75-80 points.

Yup, it's an avg. of 1 game a week so far so the strength of the squad hasn't been seriously tested yet.

After the international break, we have 4 games in 11 days and league wise, after the next one against Wolves (A), it's West Ham (H), Tottenham (A), Brighton (A) - sides who have also made pretty good start to the season.

Untitled.jpg

You can bet your ass that Klopp is going to play the backups in those Europa League games before the West Ham and Brighton games.
The team in the EFL cup game against Leicester will probably also consist of backups.
The tough game against Tolouse is before the Forest game.

Let's look at the positives.
After the international break, we might have Bajcetic, Thiago and Konate back.

I am just so glad we have hit the ground running and the slight negativity and worry that was around a month or so ago seems to be currently waning due to the way we have played in the last game or 2....

Saturday for example was especially encouraging with the way we look going forward.... it really does look like we have spark and some cohesion and pace / technique going forward....

Who knows, maybe this team in time could surpass Klopp's first great team....

Is he the new Shankly.... I certainly hope so.... it will be interesting to see what he can do when Salah does leave and we hopefully get a good amount to rebuild that Defence / buy another attacking talent etc.

CL qualification remains it, TBH.

Issues at CB will prevent us from competing for a title.

CL qualification remains it, TBH.

Issues at CB will prevent us from competing for a title.

All we need is Gomez to play like he did the year we won the title… for us to win the title again.

No pressure like - but it’s all on JoGo and no-one else!!!

Honestly, I thought this season would be a transition year and I was mentally getting myself ready for top 6, turn over the midfield, and make a deep run (hopefully winning) in the Europa.

But after the start we've had, I think top 2 and the Europa are reasonable objectives. I think we'll bin off the domestic cups but can potentially go toe to toe with City in the league.

Exciting times.

No wonder this place has melt downs. The switch from pessimism to optimism after 4 games is insane :D
Let’s just enjoy the good moments and not stress out when injuries and or form derails us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom