• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

FSG

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSG have made some dreadful decisions, but they've also done some very good things.

There hasn't been the desire (or perhaps means) to compete with the most successful, richest clubs in the world, and unfortunately three of those clubs are in our own league.

I do still cringe that FSG did think they were so fucking smart that they could adopt a more scientific and calculating approach to football transfers and wages and get success on the cheap, but perhaps they have finally been disabused of that notion.

However, I said more than 5 years ago that we'd never win the title under FSG and I'm still right in that assessment.
Even though that was more by random chance than your brilliant prescience.

How wonderful to have owners with the desire to win lots of trophies, but not the means.

The desire to win trophies.

Who fucking cares? Sell to someone with both and fuck off.

I think every owner out there has the desire to win trophies, it's always the lack of resource that will ultimately let them down.

And, yeah as I say, if a sugar daddy comes a knockin', I'm sure FSG will jump at the chance to sell at a big profit.

I think every owner out there has the desire to win trophies, it's always the lack of resource that will ultimately let them down.

And, yeah as I say, if a sugar daddy comes a knockin', I'm sure FSG will jump at the chance to sell at a big profit.
I dont think I agree with that.
The owners dont care about success, they care about money. If owners really cared about winning Wenger would have been sacked years ago.
Owners love a cash cow

The owners dont care about success, they care about money. If owners really cared about winning Wenger would have been sacked years ago.
Owners love a cash cow

I don't agree with it either, because it's fucking bollocks.

This is good from them as well:

LFC submits planning application for redevelopment of Melwood

Liverpool FC has today submitted a planning application for the proposed redevelopment of the club's first-team training ground at Melwood.
The document submitted to Liverpool City Council applies for outline planning permission for the redevelopment of the Melwood site into much-needed quality family housing, which is in line with the council’s Local Plan.
The application forms part of the club’s plans to bring LFC’s first team and Academy football training operations and facilities together on one site in Kirkby.
LFC recognises that Melwood has played a significant role in the club’s history, but the site is limited in terms of space and is unable to accommodate the club’s ambitions for a new first-class combined training facility.
The planning application is expected to be determined by the council’s Planning Committee later this year.
If permission is granted, the proposed redevelopment could provide up to 160 new family homes with open space and landscaping. The planning application also seeks permission for vehicular access from Melwood Drive and Deysbrook Lane, in addition to cycle and pedestrian access from Crown Road.
Should the club be successful in obtaining planning consent, housing developers will be invited to bid to purchase and develop the site.
LFC will continue to work closely with Liverpool City Council to keep local residents and businesses updated on progress throughout the application process and any resultant development

Owners love a cash cow

Of course they want success, most don't have a bottomless pit of cash - a la City and Chelsea - to achieve it, though. Arsenal's owners will be no different, and nor are FSG.

Owners love a cash cow

Agree to an extent, but maintaining such a cash cow itself depends on challenging for honours. They're not going to make the money they want if we don't reach that level on a regular basis.

Agree to an extent, but maintaining such a cash cow itself depends on challenging for honours. They're not going to make the money they want if we don't reach that level on a regular basis.
Maintaining a level as Champions League regulars may well be enough to make them an extremely handsome profit in a few years if either tv rights continue to rise, or if they end up devolving streaming rights to clubs on an individual basis (either of which may well happen, possible even both).

Wouldn't disagree overall, but I can't see us achieving that without being regular challengers. It isn't as if we'll get to a top four spot each season and then stop.

4329700078_ae7cc3312e.jpg

Lol. How's your mate Graham doing btw? Must tell him you said hello next time I see him at a game.

Clubs like Stoke, West Brom etc will be earning 150m+ just from TV.
We will earn 200m upwards plus image rights, partnerships, naming rights, sponsorship, advertising, ticket sales, match day revenue and a billion other things we make money from.

All our owners will want us to do is stay in the premiership and not allow the fans to drift away.

Thats obviously not the case.
Youre using all those trophies we keep winning and the 100m net spend every window to back that statement up are you?

Until this point, FSG have spent little and made lots.
The signs are thats the kind of owners they are. We knew when they took over they saw a get rich quick opportunity and took it.

I dont see anything to suggest they actually care about us winning trophies.

Klopp does, some of the players might I suppose but I doubt it. The board? Not a chance. Stay competetive, keep the fans spending that money and that will do nicely. And the less they can spend keeping us there the better.

20m net spend per window roughly isnt it? Less than West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham etc.

I dont reeeeeally see any ambition from them to win a damn thing. And thats fair enough. They couldnt give a fuck about Liverpool football club.
They serve the fat dollar and thats it.

All that said, we go out and spend couple of hundred Mill on new players I would have to admit it would look like we have turned a corner. But I dont think we will.
We are a top 6 team. Why would they spend 150m of their profit to still be a top 6 team?

I fucking wouldnt. Id invest if I HAD to to protect my interests (staying in the richest league in the world)

And all the Champions league stuff has largely gone out the window now that the bottom club in our league probably earned as much profit as Juventus last year.

What does this even mean? You're going mad, Oncy. MAD.

Ha. You used to have to be in the Champions league because you needed that 20 or 30m from it to compete. We dont need that anymore. We are minted as are every team in the premier league.
I dont think top 4 is even that important to owners anymore.

I wish we were a billionaires plaything like City or Psg rather than a business.

Youre using all those trophies we keep winning and the 100m net spend every window to back that statement up are you?

Until this point, FSG have spent little and made lots.
The signs are thats the kind of owners they are. We knew when they took over they saw a get rich quick opportunity and took it.

I dont see anything to suggest they actually care about us winning trophies.

Klopp does, some of the players might I suppose but I doubt it. The board? Not a chance. Stay competetive, keep the fans spending that money and that will do nicely. And the less they can spend keeping us there the better.

20m net spend per window roughly isnt it? Less than West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland, West Ham etc.

I dont reeeeeally see any ambition from them to win a damn thing. And thats fair enough. They couldnt give a fuck about Liverpool football club.
They serve the fat dollar and thats it.

This doesnt really support your views mate. They spend more than enough to make us at least competitive. But we have had bigger problems with recruitment and transfers. We've signed loads of players for huge sums that havent improved the team, and we have until recently seemed to be rebuilding each season. We've sold 50% of the players bought by FSG already, 25. Thats an insane number regarding transfers that haven't worked out, and so much time and money wasted.
With Klopp that seems to finally have stopped and we're building towards his vision and views for the team.
FSG should be blamed for having the wrong people in key positions for such a long time. That has hindered our development and search for success.

[xtable=skin1]
{caption}Premier League Transfer Spending (Last 5 years){/caption}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}NO#{/td}
{td}CLUBS{/td}
{td}PURCHASES{/td}
{td}SOLD{/td}
{td}NET{/td}
{td}AVG NET PER SEASON{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Manchester City {/td}
{td}€690m{/td}
{td}€189m{/td}
{td}€501m{/td}
{td}€100m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Manchester United {/td}
{td}€680.7m{/td}
{td}€196.9m{/td}
{td}€483.7m{/td}
{td}€96.7m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Arsenal {/td}
{td}€366.5m{/td}
{td}€118.6m{/td}
{td}€247.8m{/td}
{td}€49.5m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Liverpool {/td}
{td}€485.4m{/td}
{td}€311.5m{/td}
{td}€173.8m{/td}
{td}€34.7m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Chelsea{/td}
{td}€601m{/td}
{td}€438m{/td}
{td}€163m{/td}
{td}€32.5m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}West Ham{/td}
{td}€198m{/td}
{td}€44m{/td}
{td}€154m{/td}
{td}€30.8m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Sunderland {/td}
{td}€194.8m{/td}
{td}€62.5m{/td}
{td}€132.2m{/td}
{td}€26.4m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8{/td}
{td}Watford{/td}
{td}€151.9m{/td}
{td}€45.9m{/td}
{td}€106m{/td}
{td}€21.2m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9{/td}
{td}Leicester City {/td}
{td}€170.2m{/td}
{td}€77m{/td}
{td}€100m{/td}
{td}€20m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10{/td}
{td}Everton{/td}
{td}€228.7m{/td}
{td}€134.7m{/td}
{td}€93.9m{/td}
{td}€18.7m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}11{/td}
{td}Crystal Palace {/td}
{td}€166.7m{/td}
{td}€74.8m{/td}
{td}€91.9m {/td}
{td}€18.3m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}12{/td}
{td}Stoke City {/td}
{td}€110.7m{/td}
{td}€31.4m{/td}
{td}€79.3m{/td}
{td}€15.8m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}13{/td}
{td}AFC Bournemouth{/td}
{td}€105.3m{/td}
{td}€27.2m{/td}
{td}€78m {/td}
{td}€15.6m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}14{/td}
{td}West Brom {/td}
{td}€114.8m{/td}
{td}€42.8m{/td}
{td}€72m {/td}
{td}€14.4m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15{/td}
{td}Hull City {/td}
{td}€125.1m{/td}
{td}€60.1m{/td}
{td}€65m {/td}
{td}€13m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16{/td}
{td}Middlesbrough {/td}
{td}€80.4m{/td}
{td}€25.2m{/td}
{td}€55.2m {/td}
{td}€11m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}17{/td}
{td}Burnley {/td}
{td}€65.3m{/td}
{td}€35.3m{/td}
{td}€30m{/td}
{td}€6m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18{/td}
{td}Southampton{/td}
{td}€276.6m{/td}
{td}€256.5m{/td}
{td}€20m {/td}
{td}€4m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19{/td}
{td}Tottenham {/td}
{td}€397m{/td}
{td}€383m{/td}
{td}€16m{/td}
{td}€3.2m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20{/td}
{td}Swansea City {/td}
{td}€153.1m{/td}
{td}€159.9m{/td}
{td}-€6.74m{/td}
{td}-€1.34m{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:
I wish we were a billionaires plaything like City or Psg rather than a business.

Not really sure what I think about this. It doesn't really sit comfortably with me but maybe after the first PL/CL double, it would be a little easier to live with.

I don't like the idea either, but I'd take it rather than accept that we'll always lag behind the clubs which are already in that position.

This doesnt really support your views mate. They spend more than enough to make us at least competitive. But we have had bigger problems with recruitment and transfers. We've signed loads of players for huge sums that havent improved the team, and we have until recently seemed to be rebuilding each season. With Klopp that seems to finally have stopped and we're building towards his vision and views for the team.
FSG should be blamed for having the wrong people in key positions for such a long time. That has hindered our development and search for success.

[xtable=skin1]
{caption}Premier League Transfer Spending (Last 5 years){/caption}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}NO#{/td}
{td}CLUBS{/td}
{td} PURCHASES{/td}
{td}SOLD{/td}
{td}NET{/td}
{td}AVG NET PER SEASON{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}1{/td}
{td}Manchester City {/td}
{td}€690m{/td}
{td}€189m{/td}
{td}€501m{/td}
{td}€100m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}2{/td}
{td}Manchester United {/td}
{td}€680.7m{/td}
{td}€196.9m{/td}
{td}€483.7m{/td}
{td}€96.7m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}3{/td}
{td}Arsenal {/td}
{td}€366.5m{/td}
{td}€118.6m{/td}
{td}€247.8m{/td}
{td}€49.5m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}4{/td}
{td}Liverpool {/td}
{td}€485.4m{/td}
{td}€311.5m{/td}
{td}€173.8m{/td}
{td}€34.7m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}5{/td}
{td}Chelsea{/td}
{td}€601m{/td}
{td}€438m{/td}
{td}€163m{/td}
{td}€32.5m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}6{/td}
{td}West Ham{/td}
{td}€198m{/td}
{td}€44m{/td}
{td}€154m{/td}
{td}€30.8m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}7{/td}
{td}Sunderland {/td}
{td}€194.8m{/td}
{td}€62.5m{/td}
{td}€132.2m{/td}
{td}€26.4m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}8{/td}
{td}Watford{/td}
{td}€151.9m{/td}
{td}€45.9m{/td}
{td}€106m{/td}
{td}€21.2m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}9{/td}
{td}Leicester City {/td}
{td}€170.2m{/td}
{td}€77m{/td}
{td}€100m{/td}
{td}€20m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}10{/td}
{td}Everton{/td}
{td}€228.7m{/td}
{td}€134.7m{/td}
{td}€93.9m{/td}
{td}€18.7m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}11{/td}
{td}Crystal Palace {/td}
{td}€166.7m{/td}
{td}€74.8m{/td}
{td}€91.9m {/td}
{td}€18.3m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}12{/td}
{td}Stoke City {/td}
{td}€110.7m{/td}
{td}€31.4m{/td}
{td}€79.3m{/td}
{td}€15.8m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}13{/td}
{td}AFC Bournemouth{/td}
{td}€105.3m{/td}
{td}€27.2m{/td}
{td}€78m {/td}
{td}€15.6m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}14{/td}
{td}West Brom {/td}
{td}€114.8m{/td}
{td}€42.8m{/td}
{td}€72m {/td}
{td}€14.4m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}15{/td}
{td}Hull City {/td}
{td}€125.1m{/td}
{td}€60.1m{/td}
{td}€65m {/td}
{td}€13m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}16{/td}
{td}Middlesbrough {/td}
{td}€80.4m{/td}
{td}€25.2m{/td}
{td}€55.2m {/td}
{td}€11m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}17{/td}
{td}Burnley {/td}
{td}€65.3m{/td}
{td}€35.3m{/td}
{td}€30m{/td}
{td}€6m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}18{/td}
{td}Southampton{/td}
{td}€276.6m{/td}
{td}€256.5m{/td}
{td}€20m {/td}
{td}€4m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}19{/td}
{td}Tottenham {/td}
{td}€397m{/td}
{td}€383m{/td}
{td}€16m{/td}
{td}€3.2m{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}20{/td}
{td}Swansea City {/td}
{td}€153.1m{/td}
{td}€159.9m{/td}
{td}-€6.74m{/td}
{td}-€1.34m{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Thats about 28m per season on players.
Or 14m per window.

Our TV paym for last season was 146m
Please dont try and kid me on they give a fuck about silverware.
Im not fucking 11 years old.

Thats about 28m per season on players.
Or 14m per window.

Our TV paym for last season was 146m
Please dont try and kid me on they give a fuck about silverware.
Im not fucking 11 years old.
Whilst I agree they could & should be spending more, you can't just use the TV money, cos it's all eaten up by players wages.

Our salary is now 208m a year.

As such you'd need to look at our other revenue streams to get a real picture. They've all risen dramatically under FSG & our TV rights cash will soar thanks to the CL (assuming we don't crash out before the competition proper), & we've spent next to nothing since klopp came in relatively speaking, so yeah, we should expect way more than 30m this summer, but it's not as simple as tv money equals amount to spend on new players.

Whilst I agree they could & should be spending more, you can't just use the TV money, cos it's all eaten up by players wages.

Our salary is now 208m a year.

As such you'd need to look at our other revenue streams to get a real picture. They've all risen dramatically under FSG & our TV rights cash will soar thanks to the CL (assuming we don't crash out before the competition proper), & we've spent next to nothing since klopp came in relatively speaking, so yeah, we should expect way more than 30m this summer, but it's not as simple as tv money equals amount to spend on new players.
I know this. Thats just one revenue stream.
Its an example of our earnings though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom