• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fat Frank Lamptard new Rentboy coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if they're midtable at xmas as they've got no strikers and no Hazard, will they give him the boot or just aim for 39pts this season?

This chelsea squad have won the league a couple of times so they aren't a bunch of no marks. Style of play and league position will be critical and chelsea fans are not known to be patient so this will make for interesting times.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure Souness is a fair comparison really. Lampard has had one season as a manager at Derby, and didn't win anything

Ya more so in appointing ex legends in the hope they’ll deliver immediately.

Souness had a decent record elsewhere

I actually quite like him. I hope he crashes and burns at the rentboys obviously. This can only end badly!

I don't like him - mainly because he seems to hate us - but I think it's good timing. The loss of Hazard and the transfer ban will reduce expectations, and they have some really excellent young players who might just do something.

I think he's got a decent chance of coming out of the season with his reputation enhanced.

I don't like him - mainly because he seems to hate us - but I think it's good timing. The loss of Hazard and the transfer ban will reduce expectations, and they have some really excellent young players who might just do something.

I think he's got a decent chance of coming out of the season with his reputation enhanced.

You might be right about his reputation being enhanced.

He guided Derby to 6th with 74 points - which was enough to get him the Chelsea job.

The previous season, Gary Rowett guided Derby to 6th with 75 points - he only managed to get the Stoke job out of it.

Chelsea about to get a dose of reality perhaps.

I thought Newcastle was being sold to mega rich Arabs, with Allegri available, why are they going for Steve Bruce?
Newcastle United are set to appoint Sheffield Wednesday boss Steve Bruce as manager and are hoping he will be able to join the team on their pre-season tour of China.

I thought Newcastle was being sold to mega rich Arabs, with Allegri available, why are they going for Steve Bruce?
Newcastle United are set to appoint Sheffield Wednesday boss Steve Bruce as manager and are hoping he will be able to join the team on their pre-season tour of China.

So a Sunderland supporting manager famed for pedestrian footy. The Toon supporters are going to love that appointment.

Steve Bruce is a Newcastle fan from Newcastle

He's hated by Newcastle fans already. He managed Sunderland and is seen as a total plastic Geordie and his brand of football is the polar opposite of what they like. I'm genuinely sitting next to a lifelong Geordie right now ands he's told me to write exactly that. Him and all his mates are absolutely gutted.

He's hated by Newcastle fans already. He managed Sunderland and is seen as a total plastic Geordie and his brand of football is the polar opposite of what they like. I'm genuinely sitting next to a lifelong Geordie right now ands he's told me to write exactly that. Him and all his mates are absolutely gutted.

So? I just corrected an earlier statement: he isn't a Sunderland supporter; he supports Newcastle.

I couldn't give a fuck what Newcastle fans think about him, or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom