• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fat Frank Lamptard new Rentboy coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woland

Part of the Furniture
Isn't there already a topic?

This is kinda disappointing as I'd stopped hating him and wanted him to do well, but now I've got to go back to despising the dirty little skid.

I said coach on purpose coz everyone knows the boss at Chelsea only trains the first team and doesn't get involved in hiring and firing or anything else - but he clearly knows this and doesn't care.

How do we think he'll get on? It was always gonna be a tough season so maybe they'll cut him some slack if it's going bad... I don't really know. Seems switched on and a decent coach, could do well despite the transfer ban, hope he doesn't for obvious reasons.

The big question is if he’ll point towards the sky every time they score.

Think he’ll do alright. With the transfer ban and losing Hazard it was always gonna be tough.
Hope it all goes to shite mind.

Its working out well for Derby though. They’re getting Cocu as his replacement.
That could be an excellent appoinment.

I think it's a reflection of both Chelsea and Man United than they're appointing ex legends to appease their fan base with the lack of progress. Neither are remotely qualified for their jobs and I don't think either club are going anywhere fast.

I don't think Lampard has much to lose by going there. Expectations won't be sky high under the transfer ban however if this his one shot at his favourite club then he may well regret it if he's not up to the task.

Yeah, but they probs couldn't have done much better with both their history of treating good managers like dirt, and their transfer ban.

This has got me thinking about what's happening for our succession planning. When Klopp leaves it's gonna be a proper Shankly moment... is a Paisley gonna be ready?.. I hope this is what's at the forefront of the board's mind at the min.

At least we now know Buvac wasn't exactly instrumental.

Didn't we have a really good season the year after Benitez's no.2 left and the exact same situation after Houllier's no.2 left (admittedly both teams were showing some cracks in squad depth and an over reliance on a couple of players)....we aren't out of the woods jut yet based on past history.

Yeah, but they probs couldn't have done much better with both their history of treating good managers like dirt, and their transfer ban.

This has got me thinking about what's happening for our succession planning. When Klopp leaves it's gonna be a proper Shankly moment... is a Paisley gonna be ready?.. I hope this is what's at the forefront of the board's mind at the min.

I fear he'll be a good appointment. Though probably not good enough for him to avoid getting the bullet by the end of the season, because that's how they roll.

We should do a sweepstakes for when he gets fired. I'm picking December

Jody Morris may end up being the key.

[article]Following in the footsteps of Dermot Drummy and Adi Viveash, he made history at under-age level, with Chelsea's Under-18s winning every single competition they entered during his two seasons in charge.

As well as leading his side to a treble in 2016-17 and a quadruple in 2017-18, Morris also proved integral in the development of talented youngsters like Callum Hudson-Odoi, Mason Mount and Reece James in matching the FA Youth Cup record set by Manchester United's legendary youth team nicknamed 'The Busby Babes'.

Fresh from retiring after a spell in the MLS, Lampard worked under Morris while completing his coaching badges and was hugely impressed by his former team-mate's methods and work ethic.

So, when Derby owner Mel Morris offered Lampard a job last summer, he brought Morris with him to Pride Park.

Morris himself has never hidden his disappointment at the way in which many of his proteges were forced to go elsewhere in search of regular football. His return should boost the first-team chances of the club's numerous loanees and under-age prospects.

Jayden Bogle, Max Bird and Mason Bennett at Derby will tell you that this coaching team gives youth a chance.
Former Blues captain Dennis Wise is also in no doubt that Chelsea's players will respect Lampard and Morris' frankness and meticulous approach to the game.
[/article]

[article]In a turbulent decade at Stamford Bridge, one thing has remained the same: total domination of youth football.

But the heart of their academy is about to be ripped out, and ironically it’s Chelsea legend Frank Lampard’s doing.

Not since the 1950s has an academy won five consecutive FA Youth Cups. The last team to do it? Manchester United’s Busby Babes.

Jody Morris, who will be joining Lampard at Derby as assistant boss, emulated that achievement this season with Chelsea’s kids as they conquered England yet again.

His Under-18s scored 106 goals in 35 matches last season on their way to a familiar quadruple of titles.

“So what? They’ll never play for the first team.” The common criticism of the youth system remains inescapable.

But, having been there himself as a 17-year-old Blues graduate, Morris was finally beginning to force open a gateway that didn’t exist for this generation of talented youngsters.[/article]

Normally I'd regard this kind of appointment as a carcrash waiting to happen, à la Solskjaer down Salford way, but - though I'm sorry to say it - I wouldn't be that surprised if this one works out. Lampard is brighter than your average football man and might suit them quite well at this point, with the transfer ban meaning they're going to have to go the youngsters route anyway.

Normally I'd regard this kind of appointment as a carcrash waiting to happen, à la Solskjaer down Salford way, but - though I'm sorry to say it - I wouldn't be that surprised if this one works out. Lampard is brighter than your average football man and might suit them quite well at this point, with the transfer ban meaning they're going to have to go the youngsters route anyway.

Same, he's sharp, his dad knows a thing or two about the management game and that's possibly an extra seasons grace for him on top of whatever he gets for being a Chelsea legend.

The biggest problem I think he will face is dealing with whoever picks their transfer targets in his second season.

Same, he's sharp, his dad knows a thing or two about the management game and that's possibly an extra seasons grace for him on top of whatever he gets for being a Chelsea legend.

The biggest problem I think he will face is dealing with whoever picks their transfer targets in his second season.

His Dad isn't Harry Redknapp is it?

Yeah, he's pretty sharp, and was always one of the least hate-able (is that a word?) Chelsea players of that vintage (not a high bar, admittedly), plus they do love him.

But hopefully it's a fucking disaster, obviously.

Stop fishing for likes we got it the first time :p
Haha I have a weird Tapatalk problem! Sometimes the loading screen stays ages. I click off, post again it goes double. Click off and exit the page, it doesn't post at all! Annoying

Fat Frank, EBJT, Jody Morris, Dennis Wise, how many more cunts will this thread dish out?

Chelsea and Lampard will obviously be hampered by the transfer ban and also losing their best player no less, but they've still got a pretty strong squad and I don't think this will be the disaster alot of people think. I reckon he'll do alright and be afforded a bit of time given the circumstances.

Looks like Chelsea are going down the path of making the same mistake we did by appointing an ex legend.

It’s great to see. He’ll do alright and still get fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom