• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Escaping the Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Salah is a cunt/dickhead stuff is as embarrasing as the match thread

Last night he was. We’ve been saying it for a couple of seasons he needs to pass more. That hasn’t changed and it’s highlighted more in close games.

Forget what I think about Salah, look at his team mates.
Fucking Mané had a tantrum over it!
In the game, Firmino and Ox looked absolutely baffled when he didn't pass the ball to them on two different occasions where they definitely would have had a better chance.
Nah, you can't convince me that it's OK to play like he plays when we don't have a convincing lead.
Sure, be selfish if we're up 4-0.

Indeed
fda7d2990948dcfa3904d8ebf66dbca9.jpg

Salah should have passed to Minamino when he had the chance but didnt. I felt he was right to go it alone in the Ox schance because Ox had taken up a poor position and Salah was better placed.

In the midst of all the criticism of Salah its worth noting that Mané seems to have gone off the boil completely.

Forget what I think about Salah, look at his team mates.
Fucking Mané had a tantrum over it!
In the game, Firmino and Ox looked absolutely baffled when he didn't pass the ball to them on two different occasions where they definitely would have had a better chance.
Nah, you can't convince me that it's OK to play like he plays when we don't have a convincing lead.
Sure, be selfish if we're up 4-0.

I didn't say he wasn't selfish, but that same selfishness helped him become the most prolific player in our history, which considering the strikers we've had is just fucking mindblowing. Sometimes it doesn't come off, but as we saw last night it can be effective even when it doesn't.

Whatever you think about his performance or decision making last night, I think it's fair to say that calling him a cunt or a dickhead is a bit embarrassing.

I didn't say he wasn't selfish, but that same selfishness helped him become the most prolific player in our history, which considering the strikers we've had is just fucking mindblowing. Sometimes it doesn't come off, but as we saw last night it can be effective even when it doesn't.

Whatever you think about his performance or decision making last night, I think it's fair to say that calling him a cunt or a dickhead is a bit embarrassing.
Hey, we don't have time for reflections mid game. He was acting like cunt at the time. Now that have time to reflect, maybe he wasn't.

We won the game through a Salah assist and people are bitching. Yes, Salah should pass more, but despite the wastefulness he still ends games with either a goal or an assist

We won the game through a Salah assist and people are bitching. Yes, Salah should pass more, but despite the wastefulness he still ends games with either a goal or an assist
Which game were you watching? Last I checked Hendo got the assist or are we doing hockey assists now?

There were times he should have passed, of course but as I saw someone highlight the only reason Bobby had so much room was that Salah was being triple marked and his run took the players with him before he back heeled to Hendo.

There were times he should have passed, of course but as I saw someone highlight the only reason Bobby had so much room was that Salah was being triple marked and his run took the players with him before he back heeled to Hendo.
boss avatar, yo.

Which game were you watching? Last I checked Hendo got the assist or are we doing hockey assists now?
My bad, you're right. I saw 3 players round Salah, so I thought he made the pass. I missed Hendo delivering the ball. None the less he was involved in the goal by taking out 3 defenders

Last edited:
As much as I think Minamino will be a good player, he's always struck me as more of an option instead of Firmino. When Mane went off, as unpredictable as he can be, I'd have played Origi simply for the replacement of pace and to give us an outlet. We just seemed to invite pressure as the game wore on, by putting the slower Minamino on and then adding a defensive midfielder for an attacking midfielder.

We got out of jail a bit (again), but I hope if there's an absence for Mane, that Klopp thinks hard about how we replace his explosiveness and counterattacking ability, because you don't get that with Minamino.

You have to be extremely creative to brand that tackle as a backheel mate. He was running into problems and trying to dribble his way out, but our team high press made us in position to immidiately regain possesion andutilize the room he created. Bravo by all involved.

You have to be extremely creative to brand that tackle as a backheel mate. He was running into problems and trying to dribble his way out, but our team high press made us in position to immidiately regain possesion andutilize the room he created. Bravo by all involved.

Exactly. I thought it was a bit flukey on Salah's part that he dribbled and seemed to lose the ball behind him but fortunately the ball fell into the path of Henderson, who did the right thing by laying it for Bobby.

He didn't back heel the ball to Hendo. The defender poked it away from him.

He still dribbled past two defenders and created the chance for Henderson to play the ball through, and for Bobby to have the time to make his run. Salah has been our main creative outlet for the past games, in both creating chances for others and touches in the box.
Its his job to score goals, and we should expect that he continues to be a bit greedy.

He still dribbled past two defenders and created the chance for Henderson to play the ball through, and for Bobby to have the time to make his run. Salah has been our main creative outlet for the past games, in both creating chances for others and touches in the box.
Its his job to score goals, and we should expect that he continues to be a bit greedy.

I assume you will see that from all main attacking threaths in major teams. He need probably to score even more by doing this, but he has been amazing for us for some years now.

Salah was a bit greedy but last night reminded me how good he is.

Yeah, his work for the goal was brilliant. So there were frustrating moments where he could have played Minamino and Bobby in, but we got the goal that made the difference through his work. On another day he scores one of them and doesn't pull off what unselfish work he did for the goal. It's swings and roundabouts, you have to take the rough with the smooth with the three of them really, something will always come off. It's annoying being wasteful, but we're winning, so how much criticism can we make? We're basically asking that we smash every team. The crux is, we create enough to always be able to get over the line, even if only just.

The Salah is a cunt/dickhead stuff is as embarrasing as the match thread
Yeah, there's a bunch of cunts hating on Salah. On two of the times he apparently should have passed he was in the completely wrong shape to do so, and was completely focussed on the ball. He didn't even see Ox for instance as he dribbled around 3 fucking players.

It's funny, I went out to watch it and there was a gang of lads calling Firmino all the cunts under the sun five minutes before his goal. Criticism in general among the fanbase is ridiculously shortsighted, and I get that "in game" is passionate, but let's be real. We've been fantastic this season and repeatedly refuse to lay down and be defeated, we always plug away and don't let our heads drop when we screw up opportunities. That's what I love about this team, the mental strength is just unreal, both as a collective and individually. We've got three attackers who generally need a few chances to score. You could send one of them through, one on one and they would miss, but would their heads drop? Would they shite, 5 minutes later they'll smash in a harder chance.

It's funny, I went out to watch it and there was a gang of lads calling Firmino all the cunts under the sun five minutes before his goal. Criticism in general among the fanbase is ridiculously shortsighted, and I get that "in game" is passionate, but let's be real. We've been fantastic this season and repeatedly refuse to lay down and be defeated, we always plug away and don't let our heads drop when we screw up opportunities. That's what I love about this team, the mental strength is just unreal, both as a collective and individually. We've got three attackers who generally need a few chances to score. You could send one of them through, one on one and they would miss, but would their heads drop? Would they shite, 5 minutes later they'll smash in a harder chance.
Yeah, there's a bunch of spoilt dickheads supporting this club at times who don't see how blessed we are. Salah has really picked up haters in the past year, but he has always played much the same way. Mane has recently shot a few times when a pass was on and it isn't mentioned, because he's the golden child just now, but it wasn't that long ago Mane was getting pelters for not passing to Salah and being jealous of him and all kinds of bullshit. No doubt from the same dickheads now eviscerating Salah.

Yup, and I wonder if there is an inverse relationship between hard work for the benefit of the team and clinical finishing. The best finishers in the game, your Agueros or Huntelaars don't do much besides scoring. This inverse relationship could be true even of the same player – I remember Benteke going into a scoring slump after Rodgers tried to make him work just a little a bit harder for the team. Maybe it's my mind playing tricks on me, but I actually thought starting from the Club World Cup games Firmino has been doing less pressing than usual – and maybe that's why he's got a few more goals. And Salah – he had to do a lot of running and individual duels against Wolves and maybe his mind was not so clear when getting on the end of chances.

When the stats flashed up at the end it was no surprise that the top two in distance covered were Henderson and Firmino again, the biggest surprise really is that they can be that busy with the press and still end up with two goals and an assist between them.

I mean after 84 minutes and running 12k, for Henderson to see Firminos run and play that accurate and perfect a pass inside a millisecond is quite ridiculous, I don't know what's happened to him. And then Firmino's instinct must be to put his laces through it , but no he skips round like he's trying to make his mates fall over in the park and buries it when they do. Amazing.

Regarding the discussion about Salah. Calling him a dickhead is one extreme but ignoring it also another extreme.
I agree that till now winning, that is why you might say " ohhh not so important". But in my opinion, he needs to do the right thing at the right moment, whether pass or take a shot by himself. Sometimes it is frustrating like yesterday that he didn't pass to someone in better positions to score "weight of chance" as someone said.
Btw I don't think Salah was trying to be selfish there. He sometimes gets frustrated because he misses many chances and tries to score the next one to make up for it. Anyways Klopp needs to fix it.

Regarding the discussion about Salah. Calling him a dickhead is one extreme but ignoring it also another extreme.
I agree that till now winning, that is why you might say " ohhh not so important". But in my opinion, he needs to do the right thing at the right moment, whether pass or take a shot by himself. Sometimes it is frustrating like yesterday that he didn't pass to someone in better positions to score "weight of chance" as someone said.
Btw I don't think Salah was trying to be selfish there. He sometimes gets frustrated because he misses many chances and tries to score the next one to make up for it. Anyways Klopp needs to fix it.

I doubt Klopp sees a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom