• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Elitists

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILD

Very Well-Known
I don't really visit other sites but I’m aware of RAWKS love affair with all things Rafael Benitez. Is this site the most extreme in its views against our manager? I'd say there are only a handful of posters still on the Rafa bandwagon on here as compared to other sites.

Why is that do you think?

the good thing about this site is (most) people takt themselves too seriously.

If you're proven wrong or made to look a twat, it's not the end of the world.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=39259.msg1068147#msg1068147 date=1268352728]
It's because we're all knee jerking not proper fans.
[/quote]

Plazzies is the operative term mate.

Or wools, obv.

RAWK is full of nuggets, its easy to be banned over there. If you dislike Lucas and/or Rafa you are walking a fine line, a very fine line!

Of all the LFC sites I've posted on, and visit - this one is by far the most anti-Rafa and negative towards certain players. It's a result of quite a few people being influenced by some very vociferous posters on here in my opinion.

[quote author=ILD link=topic=39259.msg1068157#msg1068157 date=1268353330]
I wonder is 6CM known for our Rafa hating?
[/quote]

I doubt any outsiders give a shite really.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39259.msg1068159#msg1068159 date=1268353502]
[quote author=ILD link=topic=39259.msg1068157#msg1068157 date=1268353330]
I wonder is 6CM known for our Rafa hating?
[/quote]

I doubt any outsiders give a shite really.
[/quote]

Yeah just wondering is all. I'm read other sites the odd time and it's nearly a sin to besmirch Rafa Benitez. We are the polar opposite on here.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=39259.msg1068162#msg1068162 date=1268353999]
It's cos we're clever
[/quote]

Well that's one school of thought.

those websites were around before istanbul. so i suppose they all wanked over each other on that night, and that's something you can never come back from or take back. so they have to continue wanking, in for a penny in for a pound

whereas this site happened after istanbul, and nothing much has happened since then, so there was no wanking. only fury and hatred and spite. basically we can be more objective and honest than people who have previously ejaculated on benitez in posts that will be there, forever from that day forth

[quote author=monsieurdantes link=topic=39259.msg1068172#msg1068172 date=1268355143]
those websites were around before istanbul. so i suppose they all wanked over each other on that night, and that's something you can never come back from or take back. so they have to continue wanking, in for a penny in for a pound

whereas this site happened after istanbul, and nothing much has happened since then, so there was no wanking. only fury and hatred and spite. basically we can be more objective and honest than people who have previously ejaculated on benitez in posts that will be there, forever from that day forth
[/quote]

"more objective and honest"

HAHAHAHA

It's cos we're clever
[/quote]

I expected Brendan to chip in with sometimes to that effect.

This website started when a bunch of ornery, contrary hard-to-please argumentative types got the hump with what they were being provided with by a free website.

We were all too smart to pay for the pay site in Koptalk and were soooo picky we soon got upset and tired with what we were getting for free.

The very DNA, the genetic origins, the causal seed of this site is a random bunch of losers whose sole common trait is that they are contrary, narky bastards who are hard to satisfy.

Oh, and that they are Liverpool supporters.

I include myself in this of course.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=39259.msg1068182#msg1068182 date=1268356592]
This website started when a bunch of ornery, contrary hard-to-please argumentative types got the hump with what they were being provided with by a free website.

We were all too smart to pay for the pay site in Koptalk and were soooo picky we soon got upset and tired with what we were getting for free.

The very DNA, the genetic origins, the causal seed of this site is a random bunch of losers whose sole common trait is that they are contrary, narky bastards who are hard to satisfy.

[/quote]

Ha!

Very good Gene, and you do have a point.

With regards to Ryan's point, everyone will be influenced by other posters, conformity is a completely natural tendency and it's bound to happen; especially with some of the stronger characters on here.

That said, I still think we're right. This club is used to the very best. It should have high expectations, and so should it's fans.

Good post. I thought I'd take another look at RAWK. I'd say they're being misjudged. There are now plenty of critical posts and threads. This from a random thread:

Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #1158 on: Today at 05:06:45 AM »I think we've reached the point now where the lines are drawn.

Pro-Rafa

They want him to stay and would not change their minds if we go on to lose every game for the rest of the season. His tactics and treatment of the players (both good and bad), are all part of the master plan and we're not qualified to criticise it. They see true value in the likes of Kuyt and Lucas, and simply believe others do not understand football if they fail to.

This season is a write-off to the pro-rafa, and they honestly believe a transfer window plus a good pre-season will solve all of our problems and potentially take us to the title. They blame the americans for the poor football, then the players, then the fans, and only then should the manager take blame. They see him as a scouser at heart who has always done his best for us, and should be given free reign in return.

Anti-Rafa

A growing voice, the Anti-Rafa have simply had enough. They see the team as a whole refusing to play for their manager, and the manager refusing to change things and get us playing. They can't stomach another transfer window where we throw money at players who either won't improve us, or won't even get off the bench.

They are sick to death of players getting into the first 11 for running a lot or following instructions well rather than footballing ability or creativity, and they have lost patience with the horrible style of football, the negativity and the setting out of the team to stifle the opposition rather than set ourselves free. Importantly, they don't see this rot changing under Rafa, and they feel the longer he holds out, the worse the damage will be...leave it too long and being a mid table club might become our level as players leave and fans begin to accept mediocrity.

Given all that has happened, I think almost everyone falls into one group or the other now, and I don't see that changing much in the near future.

I'd say this post summarises opinion on here and probably most every site. There may well be more Pro-Rafa's on that site but there seem to be plenty there taking the view prevalent on here.

[quote author=gene hughes link=topic=39259.msg1068182#msg1068182 date=1268356592]

[/quote]

We were forged in the fires of Mordor!

[/quote]

Ooohh, you so didn't just call me narky.

[quote author=jexykrodic link=topic=39259.msg1068235#msg1068235 date=1268373491]

Re: Ra-ra-ra-rafa Benitez...
« Reply #1158 on: Today at 05:06:45 AM »I think we've reached the point now where the lines are drawn.

Pro-Rafa

They want him to stay and would not change their minds if we go on to lose every game for the rest of the season. His tactics and treatment of the players (both good and bad), are all part of the master plan and we're not qualified to criticise it. They see true value in the likes of Kuyt and Lucas, and simply believe others do not understand football if they fail to.

This season is a write-off to the pro-rafa, and they honestly believe a transfer window plus a good pre-season will solve all of our problems and potentially take us to the title. They blame the americans for the poor football, then the players, then the fans, and only then should the manager take blame. They see him as a scouser at heart who has always done his best for us, and should be given free reign in return.

Anti-Rafa

A growing voice, the Anti-Rafa have simply had enough. They see the team as a whole refusing to play for their manager, and the manager refusing to change things and get us playing. They can't stomach another transfer window where we throw money at players who either won't improve us, or won't even get off the bench.

They are sick to death of players getting into the first 11 for running a lot or following instructions well rather than footballing ability or creativity, and they have lost patience with the horrible style of football, the negativity and the setting out of the team to stifle the opposition rather than set ourselves free. Importantly, they don't see this rot changing under Rafa, and they feel the longer he holds out, the worse the damage will be...leave it too long and being a mid table club might become our level as players leave and fans begin to accept mediocrity.

Given all that has happened, I think almost everyone falls into one group or the other now, and I don't see that changing much in the near future.

I think that post is pretty spot on to be honest.
[/quote]

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39259.msg1068156#msg1068156 date=1268353094]
Of all the LFC sites I've posted on, and visit - this one is by far the most anti-Rafa and negative towards certain players. It's a result of quite a few people being influenced by some very vociferous posters on here in my opinion.
[/quote]I don't think that's true at all. Most posters who have an agenda of any sorts but inparticular against players are called on it and nominally ridiculed for it.
I don't believe that Brendan ranting against Insua is affecting or holding sway over the masses, but the lad is going backwards in the last few months and needs a rest.
And regarding Rafa well I can only speak for myself but I've never been swayed by anyone else when it comes to my feelings for him.

It's cos we're clever
[/quote]

We're not, we're just big boned.

Perhaps it's firstly because we are realists as we can see the bleedin' obvious in front of our eyes week in week out, secondly we must know a little more about football.
You know the clever little nuances of the game, that might slip past others , to win games you must score goals, to win games it helps if you have your best players on the pitch, to win games you need players that can play in the position they are being asked to play in, to win games you can't stick with your favourite players until they eventually come good.
It would also help other sites if they took the plank out of their own eye, which is the Americans, and actually looked at the managers performance in all this

regards

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=39259.msg1068278#msg1068278 date=1268386246]
Perhaps it's firstly because we are realists as we can see the bleedin' obvious in front of our eyes week in week out, secondly we must know a little more about football.
You know the clever little nuances of the game, that might slip past others , to win games you must score goals, to win games it helps if you have your best players on the pitch, to win games you need players that can play in the position they are being asked to play in, to win games you can't stick with your favourite players until they eventually come good.
It would also help other sites if they took the plank out of their own eye, which is the Americans, and actually looked at the managers performance in all this

regards
[/quote]

But.......but........ the Americans ate gerrards baby and that's why he's so off form

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=39259.msg1068278#msg1068278 date=1268386246]

regards
[/quote]

It's amazing how many people would rather blame Gerrard, the yanks, etc than lay an ounce of blame on the managers head.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=39259.msg1068156#msg1068156 date=1268353094]
[/quote]

I'd tend to agree with that.

*I'm not agreeing with this just because Ryan said it!*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom