• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Eleventh Heaven

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
I was thinking about a Premier League all-time XI, but not in the traditional sense. Most people would have the same one if applying the normal rules, but how about an all-time XI based purely on talent, regardless of longevity? For example, you may think Markus Babbel was the best RB the league has ever seen in that year he played there so he would go in. Or maybe you think Courtois looks better than Schmeichel so far in his brief time here. How would yours look?

Cech - Those couple of years before the head injury he looked unbeatable.

Ivanovic - Last season he was a monster from right back. Arguably better than any single season Neville had
Terry
Ferdinand
Cole - I think those 3 speak for themselves

Yaya Toure - The season he got 20 goals from midfield. Unstoppable and dragged them to the title.
Gerrard - Obvious really.
Vieira

Suarez - probably the third best player in the world right now. Rarely the premier league has had a player that good. Though he probably wouldn't make an all-time XI
Henry
Ronaldo

I really wanted to put David Silva in there and I think I could squeeze him in for someone. A genuinely world class player who wouldn't look out of place at Barcelona. Aguero is also unlucky to miss out I reckon. David De Gea would be up there too.

Hmm based on your criteria

Schmeichel (92/93)

Cole (03/04)
Irwin (93/94)
McGrath (92/93)
Ferdinand (07/08)

Ginola (98/99)
Keane (99/00)
Ronaldo (06/07)

Shearer (94/95)
Henry (03/04)
Suarez (13/14)