1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Devastating Divock

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by Squiggles, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaBigTip

MaBigTip Very Active Member

He has pretty great technique and some tricks too. He's no lumbering oaf.

2. Dreambeliever

Dreambeliever Looking on the brightside Member

For me yes. He wasn’t that good against Barca two goals aside. This display he flawless imo

3. dilbert

dilbert I tinker, therefore I am Member

i am a simple man. if my striker does nothing in a game but keep scoring two goals. i am happy.

Dreambeliever likes this.
  4. Farkmaster

Farkmaster Very Well-Known Member

This was a more complete performance, not just goals.

But, just turning to the goals, most strikers don't score that second goal, including lots of very good ones.

5. Mamma Mia

Mamma Mia Very Well-Known Member

Every time Div plays a stormer, there will be people saying it was his best game in red.

It's only because some are yet to accept that he's actually pretty good at this football stuff.

6. Farkmaster

Farkmaster Very Well-Known Member

Or he's a young player who is improving over time. This game was as good as some of his best work in his last purple patch, and it's even more amazing that he did it without a run of games.

7. My_Blood_Bleeds_Red

My_Blood_Bleeds_Red Very Active Member

Where can you get a player like that who's happy to take his number in the squad, sit and bide his time on the bench ?

That's the best bit about Divock.

No complaints. No fuss. Gets on with the job and gets it done pretty well. And when the accolades come his way, he just puts on that trademark daze, shrugs it off and gives all the credit to others. How can anyone not like him ?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Aidan O' Neill likes this.
  8. tombrown

tombrown Very Well-Known Member

Hes a two-goals-a-game striker

9. moron

moron i am legend Member

I saw him in the world cup many years ago, i really wanted us to get him, he was doing some really good dribbles, i was delighted when we signed him, Klopp got him at early development stage and prior to his injury you could tell Klopp wanted him to take over from Studge. He is one of the best strikers in the league as there is so much to his game, pace, power, dribbles and clinical finishing, both short range and long range. We are lucky to have someone with his ability sitting on the bench for most games, and i would not swap him for the likes of Gab. Jesus at City. Have always rated him and surprises me when he does score. When he is playing I actually want us to give him the ball to attack the oposition defence, and i would add that he holds up the ball better than Salah.

10. King Binny

King Binny Very Well-Known Honorary Member

Article: Klopp said: “Div (Origi) is unbelievably important for us. I was really happy Roberto Martinez was there to see him. When he goes to Belgium, he never plays a second. It’s always interesting when he comes back and he hasn’t had a game.

“It was good he saw that, we knew it before. Div needs to be in a confident mood and then everyone knows what he can do.

“It is really nice that Div can show his importance in a game like this, scoring these kinds of goals was exceptional. First goal (v Everton) was sensational. The third was a world-class goal. It was a good ball from Dejan but it showed his technical ability it was not an easy ball to control.

iseered likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.