• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Devastating Divock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squiggles

Part of the Furniture
Is tonight the Origi became not just an option but a proper challenger to Roberto Firmino's spot?

Thought he led the line brilliantly tonight; showed strength, won free kicks, linked up well, bagged goals.

He'll never be as skillful as Firmino, or link up as well, but he provides that threat in behind and makes the runs which Bobby doesn't even consider. Play Divock in the same amount of games as Firmino and he would produce more goals, IMO.

His improvement has been hard to explain, but I think you have to credit Henry for some of it. The runs in behind, the first touch, the composure under pressure. Henry himself could have scored them goals tonight and I don't think that's its just a coincidence he got a few years of coaching him at Belgium.

His turnaround is one of the most dramatic in football and we're going to continue reaping the rewards.

Is tonight the Origi became not just an option but a proper challenger to Roberto Firmino's spot?

Thought he led the line brilliantly tonight; showed strength, won free kicks, linked up well, bagged goals.

He'll never be as skillful as Firmino, or link up as well, but he provides that threat in behind and makes the runs which Bobby doesn't even consider. Play Divock in the same amount of games as Firmino and he would produce more goals, IMO.

His improvement has been hard to explain, but I think you have to credit Henry for some of it. The runs in behind, the first touch, the composure under pressure. Henry himself could have scored them goals tonight and I don't think that's its just a coincidence he got a few years of coaching him at Belgium.

His turnaround is one of the most dramatic in football and we're going to continue reaping the rewards.
Yep, Just what the Dr ordered, somebody to step up and challenge for one of the front spots.

I love this guy!

As Anfield celebrates, Divock Origi speaks. “It’s a special game, and as a team we enjoyed it. We showed that we really enjoy to play for Liverpool. The manager showed us trust, and so it was important to get the three points. I think my first goal was important to break the game open, but the second one, technically, I enjoyed that one! We used the space well. We had wonderful service. We have a great team, and we have to be at our best. We try to push each other and enjoy. I’m grateful to be here.”

No way man. Mane was amazing. Shaq was superb. He was visually perfect. That control and goal tonight was just extraordinary. Sublime.
FIFY#

Glad someone else appreciated his new hair

GettyImages-1174165044.jpg

That was his best performance in red for me.

Considering the opposition, the occasion, the rotation and pressure to repay Klopps faith in him.

Outstanding from the first minute.

The big issue for Origi is, can he consistently produce this display of does he need space in behind like he got in buckets tonight.

Most team will sit deep and that’s where Firmino probably outshines him.

But it’s superb to see with such big fixtures coming up that he’s getting back to the level he was at pre the Everton ankle injury a few years ago.

44c0e5c91bc91cb3bfa70734173e9f25.jpg

Divvy has 5 goals and 1 assist in daylight

29 goals 7 assists under the lights

Div the Vampire.. no.?

Ha. Just few days ago we were going on about Salah and how it will be the end of the world for us soon.

#neverindoubt

No we weren't, god you're irritating.

My thread was about whether he's on a downward spiral, nothing to do with it damaging us or about him leaving.

Read the thread properly, instead of wading in with one line rubbish made from some stupid brain-dead assumption.

Excellent performance and I hope he keeps it up.

However, Everton were undone time and time again by long balls down the middle. They have enormous problems and made it easy for us.

Is it me , or does Divock Origi seem like the nicest footballer that ever lived?

Never bitches about being in the bench, grateful and smiling all the time, doesn't foul, five or get into fights, seems genuinely surprised when he scores, and is always taking about the team.

Never points at his name

Never strikes a cool pose.

Just smiles to himself (but not too much in case the other side feels sad)

I still don't think he's a great player (and I didn't even see the game) but those two goals were superb. And so long as a striker is scoring it's hard to complain.

He had no room for error on either goal, they weren't easy chances. But his first touch each time was excellent, and he took both chances brilliantly.

He seems content to be on the bench and than makes a massive impact whenever he plays. He reminds me of ole for United (in his playing days)

Is it me , or does Divock Origi seem like the nicest footballer that ever lived?

Never bitches about being in the bench, grateful and smiling all the time, doesn't foul, five or get into fights, seems genuinely surprised when he scores, and is always taking about the team.

Never points at his name

Never strikes a cool pose.

Just smiles to himself (but not too much in case the other side feels sad)

Speaks four languages and always forgets his headphones. Legend.

I still don't think he's a great player (and I didn't even see the game) but those two goals were superb. And so long as a striker is scoring it's hard to complain.

He had no room for error on either goal, they weren't easy chances. But his first touch each time was excellent, and he took both chances brilliantly.

He had a purple patch pre the derby where he got injured where he looked like a player and this was the first time since he’s really looked elite. He was immense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom