• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Devastating Divock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delighted for the guy, both as a person and as a footballer. Different type of player altogether from Bobby and possibly not quite as effective in a front three including both Salah and Mane BUT a very good alternative option who, if he keeps on the way he's going, will get better still.

I don't know. When Origi has extended runs in the team he doesn't seem to do well. It's only when he makes cameo appearances that he usually steals the show.

Judge players on more than one game.

Origi isn't really a great technical player... He scores goals, important goals, but he's not someone to build into your plan A.

Origi has his use, and is our medical pigeon, he's the perfect plan B because he always scores when he needs to save the day... He just can't keep up that level for game after game.

He had a purple patch pre the derby where he got injured where he looked like a player and this was the first time since he’s really looked elite. He was immense.

Nah, he was excellent before that blue cunt crocked him. Yesterday was him getting into that kind of form again.

And against the team who crocked him in the first place.

Poetic justice.

If we play like we did yesterday all the time then Origi would kill it, lots of through balls and balls over the top. But sometimes when Origi plays we don't play enough of those and play more intricate on the floor possession football which isn't Origi's type of football.

No we weren't, god you're irritating.

My thread was about whether he's on a downward spiral, nothing to do with it damaging us or about him leaving.

Read the thread properly, instead of wading in with one line rubbish made from some stupid brain-dead assumption.

Mark what is up with you seriously ? You’re always so angry and touchy all the time.

For goodness sake, I wasn’t even trying to pick a fight with anyone and couldn’t even remember who started the thread until you reminded me. Lighten up mate. Life is short. By the end of this season most of us may be having the biggest celebration of our lives as a supporter of this club. So let’s take a leaf or two from Klopp and enjoy the ride shall we ?

We talk shite all the time on these boards. Nobody’s going to agree or like what each person posts but don’t need to throw a strop over it do we ? Calm down. You’re a bigger man than that. Smell the roses. We’re top of the table.

Last edited:
If we play like we did yesterday all the time then Origi would kill it, lots of through balls and balls over the top. But sometimes when Origi plays we don't play enough of those and play more intricate on the floor possession football which isn't Origi's type of football.

With the exception of the goal from widgie in the second half, you're right... None of our goals were very technical; they were all one direction passes.

Lose Firmino and that's how we need to play. We're a lot less flexible with Origi. It worked great against Everton but we wouldn't beat City like that.

[article]Thierry Henry has said that Divock Orgi can be a “weapon” for Liverpool up front if he becomes comfortable playing through the middle of the front three.

Origi was in fine form as the Reds won 5-2 against Everton on Wednesday, scoring twice in a blistering first-half performance having been brought in to replace Roberto Firmino.

Belgian international Origi has had a habit of delivering in big games having scored in the Champions League semi-finals and final last season, as well as winning the Merseyside Derby for Liverpool.

Most of his good work has come from the wing, however, and speaking on Amazon Prime‘s coverage of Wednesday’s clash, Henry explained how Origi could be a serious asset to Jurgen Klopp through the middle.

“What is important for Divock Origi now is that he played in the middle and that is a great sign of respect from Jurgen Klopp because before he was playing him on the right, on the left,” the pundit said.

“He wasn’t sure if he could play on the line or hold the ball up to bring people in but what you saw tonight is him making those runs from the middle to the right because he is comfortable on the wing.

“And when he masters being in the middle, bringing the centre-back on the right, and he can dribble, they’re going to have another weapon playing in the middle other than Roberto Firmino.

“I don’t like the word sub, I don’t like rotation. You’re a squad and some will be called upon more than others because you need those players on the field but I call those guys game-changers. You need to step in and change the game.”[/article]

[article]Thierry Henry has said that Divock Orgi can be a “weapon” for Liverpool up front if he becomes comfortable playing through the middle of the front three.

Origi was in fine form as the Reds won 5-2 against Everton on Wednesday, scoring twice in a blistering first-half performance having been brought in to replace Roberto Firmino.

Belgian international Origi has had a habit of delivering in big games having scored in the Champions League semi-finals and final last season, as well as winning the Merseyside Derby for Liverpool.

Most of his good work has come from the wing, however, and speaking on Amazon Prime‘s coverage of Wednesday’s clash, Henry explained how Origi could be a serious asset to Jurgen Klopp through the middle.

“What is important for Divock Origi now is that he played in the middle and that is a great sign of respect from Jurgen Klopp because before he was playing him on the right, on the left,” the pundit said.

“He wasn’t sure if he could play on the line or hold the ball up to bring people in but what you saw tonight is him making those runs from the middle to the right because he is comfortable on the wing.

“And when he masters being in the middle, bringing the centre-back on the right, and he can dribble, they’re going to have another weapon playing in the middle other than Roberto Firmino.

“I don’t like the word sub, I don’t like rotation. You’re a squad and some will be called upon more than others because you need those players on the field but I call those guys game-changers. You need to step in and change the game.”[/article]

Thank you!!! I spent 10 mins looking for this.

That was his best performance in red for me.

Considering the opposition, the occasion, the rotation and pressure to repay Klopps faith in him.
Was this really better than Dortmund and Barcelona?

It was great to see him boss it in his best position.

I don't know. When Origi has extended runs in the team he doesn't seem to do well. It's only when he makes cameo appearances that he usually steals the show.

Judge players on more than one game.

Origi isn't really a great technical player... He scores goals, important goals, but he's not someone to build into your plan A.

Origi has his use, and is our medical pigeon, he's the perfect plan B because he always scores when he needs to save the day... He just can't keep up that level for game after game.

He has pretty great technique and some tricks too. He's no lumbering oaf.

Was this really better than Dortmund and Barcelona?

It was great to see him boss it in his best position.

This was a more complete performance, not just goals.

But, just turning to the goals, most strikers don't score that second goal, including lots of very good ones.

Every time Div plays a stormer, there will be people saying it was his best game in red.

It's only because some are yet to accept that he's actually pretty good at this football stuff.

Every time Div plays a stormer, there will be people saying it was his best game in red.

It's only because some are yet to accept that he's actually pretty good at this football stuff.

Or he's a young player who is improving over time. This game was as good as some of his best work in his last purple patch, and it's even more amazing that he did it without a run of games.

Where can you get a player like that who's happy to take his number in the squad, sit and bide his time on the bench ?

That's the best bit about Divock.

No complaints. No fuss. Gets on with the job and gets it done pretty well. And when the accolades come his way, he just puts on that trademark daze, shrugs it off and gives all the credit to others. How can anyone not like him ?

Last edited:
I saw him in the world cup many years ago, i really wanted us to get him, he was doing some really good dribbles, i was delighted when we signed him, Klopp got him at early development stage and prior to his injury you could tell Klopp wanted him to take over from Studge. He is one of the best strikers in the league as there is so much to his game, pace, power, dribbles and clinical finishing, both short range and long range. We are lucky to have someone with his ability sitting on the bench for most games, and i would not swap him for the likes of Gab. Jesus at City. Have always rated him and surprises me when he does score. When he is playing I actually want us to give him the ball to attack the oposition defence, and i would add that he holds up the ball better than Salah.

[article]Klopp said: “Div (Origi) is unbelievably important for us. I was really happy Roberto Martinez was there to see him. When he goes to Belgium, he never plays a second. It’s always interesting when he comes back and he hasn’t had a game.

“It was good he saw that, we knew it before. Div needs to be in a confident mood and then everyone knows what he can do.

“It is really nice that Div can show his importance in a game like this, scoring these kinds of goals was exceptional. First goal (v Everton) was sensational. The third was a world-class goal. It was a good ball from Dejan but it showed his technical ability it was not an easy ball to control.[/article]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom