• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Czech league back in action as of yesterday. Only 2 goals in the 4 games and one of those was against my team, Zlin, who are in a serious relegation battle now. All 4 of yesterday's games (and all 4 of todays) are on TV (red button thingy) so I'm assuming I'll get to see all our remaining games. My season ticket cost under £100 and there was only 3 home games left (in the regular season; before some playoff system involving all 18 teams!) and most fans are forgoing the refund being offered as Zlin are very cash-strapped and it seems churlish to request a £15 refund.

We are giving a big fuck you to sky.

[article]A group of clubs, led by Liverpool, will argue against paying a £330m rebate to Sky and other broadcasters at a meeting to discuss the matter on Thursday, despite the Premier League’s recommendation that it should be accepted.
[/article]

They shouldn't get a rebate unless the games aren't shown. There is no way I can imagine they don't get more viewers than usual.

There's literally fuck all else to do.

Now they will lose cash cos the pubs aren't paying eye watering amounts for it, but that's not the Premier Leagues fault, even if they were playing the pubs would still be closed.

We are also telling them to fuck off over half time interviews and dressing room cameras to add to the event.

We are giving a big fuck you to sky.

[article]A group of clubs, led by Liverpool, will argue against paying a £330m rebate to Sky and other broadcasters at a meeting to discuss the matter on Thursday, despite the Premier League’s recommendation that it should be accepted.
[/article]

Yes, but our evil overlords want to keep their cash cow sweet.
Still doesn't make sense that as a club, we're keeping our end of a contractual deal but still being punished.

It’s fucking crazy to think the broadcasters aren’t getting the product they are paying for. Teams aren’t punished with rebates if they don’t sell out. The broadcasters want their cake and eat it.

They can get to fuck. I'm not sure it's sky the rebate is for though, I suspect its international broadcasters who have pushed for this, cos I'm sure came out & said they wouldn't ask for a rebate even if the season was cancelled.

I see Troy Deeney is out running his gob again. Saying that the seasons integrity has gone. And we wont be remembered for winning the league this year because of Covid-19 and that its not a viable competition.

Didnt have an issue with Deeney prior to the pandemic, but he's coming off as a massive cunt.

This integrity shit fucks me right off. There is no integrity not finishing what you’ve started.

He’s a fucking journeyman thug and always has been. He’s just running his gob to stay in the league. I said the day they got bummed by city I wanted them relegated. I want them to go down even more than I did that day.

Didnt have an issue with Deeney prior to the pandemic, but he's coming off as a massive cunt.

I remember when he was at Walsall (I think he was even captain at the time) he made himself very unpopular with his teammates by consistently criticising (in public) their attitude/ability. It wasn't as if he was performing particularly well either, his goalscoring record for Walsall was not good.

And then there's also this.....................

On 25 June 2012, Deeney was sentenced to ten months' imprisonment after pleading guilty to a charge of affray, having attacked a group of students outside a nightclub. The Guardian reported that a "30-second video clip, which was played to the court several times, clearly showed both Troy Deeney and Brennan [Deeney's friend] kicking out at the "defenceless" students, one of whom received repeated blows to the head as he lay injured".[46][47][48][49] He was released after serving almost three months of the sentence. Deeney has cited his grief surrounding his father's death from cancer in May 2012 as a reason for the behaviour leading to his arrest in that period

..............yeah he's a cunt.

Deeney's a barely housetrained junkyard dog. Fortunately I suspect that's widely known and his bloviating will get the credence it deserves, i.e.sod all.

Starting on the 17th apparently. Can't imagine there being no major hiccups given the state of this country, but let's see.

I remember when he was at Walsall (I think he was even captain at the time) he made himself very unpopular with his teammates by consistently criticising (in public) their attitude/ability. It wasn't as if he was performing particularly well either, his goalscoring record for Walsall was not good.

And then there's also this.....................

On 25 June 2012, Deeney was sentenced to ten months' imprisonment after pleading guilty to a charge of affray, having attacked a group of students outside a nightclub. The Guardian reported that a "30-second video clip, which was played to the court several times, clearly showed both Troy Deeney and Brennan [Deeney's friend] kicking out at the "defenceless" students, one of whom received repeated blows to the head as he lay injured".[46][47][48][49] He was released after serving almost three months of the sentence. Deeney has cited his grief surrounding his father's death from cancer in May 2012 as a reason for the behaviour leading to his arrest in that period

..............yeah he's a cunt.
https://tenor.com/view/very-interesting-arte-johnson-listening-gif-14472867

All of Liverpools home games.. along with games against Everton and City - have been proposed to be played at neutral venues.

Liverpool are the only club with all home games slated to be played away from their home ground.

Part of me is bothered. The other part is like fuck it. Just get it done.

Last edited:
Beebto show 4 games, Sky to show 64 of which 25 will be free to air
BT Sport & Amazon Prime to show the rest (24 in total)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom