• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho gone. 142m

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be the early stages of some degenerative and incurable thigh pestilence that will allow him to play just enough to trigger the add-ons, as a shadow of his former self before, crippled by pain, being forced into early retirement and finally, to have a complete amputation of the entire leg up to and including the right buttock, so he is constantly having to balance on one arse cheek when he sits down and regularly falls off stools to much hilarity.

Well none of them were secrets and all were reported in the media. However if anything went on behind the scenes months prior to that then it's not come to light. Therefore we could just as likely file any thoughts long those lines as a conspiracy theory.

It would have been hilarious considering how much he has obviously fought for his dream move if his thigh injury prevented Barca from completing the transfer in January.... ah well....

I would happily have wished him luck down thee because he is a damn fine player but.... January .... fucking asshole...

Well none of them were secrets and all were reported in the media. However if anything went on behind the scenes months prior to that then it's not come to light. Therefore we could just as likely file any thoughts long those lines as a conspiracy theory.

Perhaps we deliberately made a balls up of the Van Dijk deal in the summer because Barca hadn't come in with their offer for Coutinho in time and we were worried we wouldn't have the cash.

Perhaps we deliberately made a balls up of the Van Dijk deal in the summer because Barca hadn't come in with their offer for Coutinho in time and we were worried we wouldn't have the cash.

Hahaha! Yes. And we probably got Leipzig to hold on to Keita for one more year because we hadnt sold Coutinho yet.
The pieces of the puzzle are coming together now.

The Daily Mail had exclusive access to Coutinho in the days before he flew to Barcelona to join the Catalans.
Their Head of Sport Lee Clayton flew with the midfielder to Spain.
He describes how the Barca players were influential in making this happen.
The president of Barcelona, Josep Maria Bartomeu, asked one of his senior players which hotel Philippe might prefer during his settling-in period. 'No, presidente, there is no need for a hotel. I already have a house for him...'
The beautiful residence is in the Bellemar neighbourhood of Castelldefels, a beach town along the coast from Barcelona, with four miles of sand and set back in the hills overlooking the coast. The player who signed for the house is Luis Suarez.
Lionel Messi is another in the neighbourhood. When asked recently if Messi was a good neighbour, Suarez said: 'Well, he has great security, which helps us all.'
Coutinho explains: 'He saw that a house next to his became available. He didn't know I was coming for certain but he liked the idea. It's a kind gesture. We've seen the pictures, the views look amazing. We are in touch all the time and I look forward to seeing the property with my family. I know Luis will help us to feel at home.'

Hahaha! Yes. And we probably got Leipzig to hold on to Keita for one more year because we hadnt sold Coutinho yet.
The pieces of the puzzle are coming together now.
It all makes sense when you think about it. When Keita was doing all that agitating for a move we must have been shitting ourselves. Calm down lad, stay where you are just now mate. Lets not make a scene!

It's very disappointing that we didn't insist that he had to stay until the Summer. I understand he wanted to leave, sold his house, cars, etc, probably has his bags packed since July 1st ready to go but tough, tell him he has to stay a few more months and then he could go at the price both clubs agreed on. That way, he finally gets to go, Barca get their player before the World Cup and we get to keep him for the remainder of the season. Win-Win all round.

It seems to me that FSG were obviously willing to sell if price was right and Klopp was okay with the sale. Klopp or FSG (who knows) said no in the summer and Coutinho was told he was staying. Maybe we didn't have anyone lined up to replace him or maybe Klopp didn't want to lose Coutinho in the first place. Coutinho tired to force his move in the summer and all was forgiven. He's not a disturbance in the dressing room and he gave his all when selected. He was even given the armband at times. Jan rolled round again and Coutinho is adamant he is going and this time we are willing to allow him go. Very odd, we'd allow it. It is very frustrating to hold firm in the summer only to cave in Jan.

What changed? Who's knows? Perhaps there is truth in the idea of us keeping him until we find a suitable replacement (Lemar) or at least seal the deals VVD and Nabby Keita. Was it done to balance the books? But couldn't we have waited 5 or so months to balance the books? Did we need to balance them in Jan? We could have agreed a sale now with the player to leave on July 1st. So I ask again, why now?
Another possible reason is that Klopp has tried to cajole Coutinho into staying and now realises there is nothing he can say or do to convince him to stay. That hugs, pay rises or the captain's armband won't change his mind. Or is it that Klopp won't work with any player who doesn't want to be here? This would be the second time that Coutinho has gone on a 'mini strike' or whatever people want to call it.

I still think it was mad to sell in Jan. I will wait to see if he's replaced in this window. I hope he is or at least Lemar is worth the wait in July.

Or we weren't selling Coutinho until both of those deals were wrapped up.

Barca's interest in Coutinho wasn't a surprise and we know a bid was rejected in the middle of July.

Or we weren't selling Coutinho until both of those deals were wrapped up.

Barca's interest in Coutinho wasn't a surprise and we know a bid was rejected in the middle of July.

In the know journos had said that we were going to spend big in the Summer, well before any bid was even mooted.

I know all that (and btw, we don't know how Keita will do), but KHL's point was that we've "continuously bought better". Fees are neither here nor there when the people spending the money choose how to budget for certain positions. Has it helped us low-balling for the defensive side of the team? We've essentially brought in Karius, Klavan, Matip and Robertson for nominal amounts and only one of them is a real success and even then it's early days.
[\QUOTE]

It's all well and good talking about fees being irrelevant and only titles matter for fans. It's the kind of discussion internet forums do really well. But in this context when criticizing the man who needs to make that compromise because he hasn't got the oil money financing everything he wants in one window, it is an essential part of the argument. To try to direct the discussion away from that in this context is clearly a bit dishonest. He has prioritized attack over defense and he has generally moved the club forward rather than backward...I'm not really seeing the point you are making...

Klopp does many wrong and I think I have not seen a single fan boy poster here who worship him the way Lucas was worshipped by Modo and Arn, yet some of you are always out with the pitchforks to lynch the superfan the moment someone says something positive about Klopp.

It's a fact that he has so far bought better than Houlier, Rafa, Hodgson, Dalglish and Rodgers...whether he has fluked it or is it his ability is up for debate...but I am happy to have a manager who has luck on his side in the transfer window on the big calls he makes.

9f809085006277f046c4e0396c59efdc.jpg

Genuinely actually laughed out loud at this

I don't think you got the point, or the context of the initial response. It was said that our transfers have been consistently good, which isn't correct when it comes to the defensive third. I did acknowledge most of the point you yourself have just made, about spending. My point about relevance of fees is that it was our decision to spend less on the defense. There's a fair point to be made about whether it was more crucial to spend £40m on AOC, while literally spending buttons on defenders and a goalkeeper. Klopp has got his teeth into him and he's been productive and looks to be fulfilling some of his potential, so fair do's, but I still think it was less of a priority for heavy spending than the defense was.

I have no problems with a gradual build and the inevitable prioritising and sacrifices that go with it, my main gripe is that the thing that's cost us is the defense and that's what has been sacrificed. The culmination of that is dropped points, disappointed attackers and the resulting lack of patience to wait and see if it all comes together. Players won't wait and that's why it's crucial that we prioritise problem areas, like the goalkeeping problem, another centre half and having some steel in midfield.

I'm excited about where we are going, but there's no shame in being worried too, when we've been here before and seen it fall apart because a crucial player gets twitchy.

When klopp has got a positive balance on transfers while we're earning multiples more than ever before, you are right to be worried

[article]“Liverpool are in a healthy position, with very, very good footballers. The signing of Virgil van Dijk is a statement, Mo Salah is a wonderful footballer. I look forward to watching them win trophies and to celebrating their success.”

“I would not have left for any other club, but Barcelona is something different. It is a dream, a place of magic for me. When I was young I would watch Ronaldinho play, I would watch him give magic. Now they have Messi doing the same.”

“I gave 100%, 100% of the time I played for Liverpool. Five years, I did everything I could possibly do. I love this club, but it is time for a new adventure. I have so many memories and have so many people to thank at Liverpool. I have to improve as a player.”

“I will return to Liverpool to say goodbye, to my team-mates, to staff and to the people who helped me and my family. I owe them a lot. Now I am looking forward. It's time. Yes, it's time.”[/article]

Not sure if he wrote that - but that's what is being attributed to him on some Liverpool FB page that just popped up for me.

I think that 100% should have included, "except when I had a serious back injury at season's start"

In fairness that's well written and he did give everything while on the pitch.

Apart from his fake back injury in September he's been superb.

Well on this last point about his injury...

He's "out" for 3 weeks directly after the transfer. Could be just a legit little niggle or it could be part of a larger pattern injury. I'm starting to wonder whether the summer injury was fake or whether the team docs now think he is kinda damaged goods - a bit like Sturridge - and decided to hose Barcelona for a hundred forty million.

I would be delighted if this were so.

If his injury was fake and he's carrying on the charade for three weeks, then fair play to him . At least he had the decency to wait before jumping up from his sick need and running around.

So if he'd been at barca the last five years he would have dreamt of moving here? Fuck off cuntinho you bad boy band rectangle head.

Well on this last point about his injury...

He's "out" for 3 weeks directly after the transfer. Could be just a legit little niggle or it could be part of a larger pattern injury. I'm starting to wonder whether the summer injury was fake or whether the team docs now think he is kinda damaged goods - a bit like Sturridge - and decided to hose Barcelona for a hundred forty million.

I would be delighted if this were so.

Oh my Christ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom