• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Centre-back search

Status
Not open for further replies.
…’Torino’s Per Schuurs, 23, is on the radar of Liverpool’s recruitment team and he was watched by scouts in his team’s Serie A draw against Cagliari on Monday night.’…

…’Torino’s Per Schuurs, 23, is on the radar of Liverpool’s recruitment team and he was watched by scouts in his team’s Serie A draw against Cagliari on Monday night.’…
Awesome, so we are at the monitoring stage

The likes of Schuurs are anyway not possible given that we have only one non-HG spot left.

If we are targeting a midfielder like Andre or Kone or Thuram, the last spot gets taken up.

So the CB has to be either HG or u-21. Don't think we're signing a CB anyway - there's been zero indication we're in for one this summer.

Risky not doing so.
Would be good with some overlap, with Matip leaving, VVD getting on.
Same in midfield. with Thiago leaving soon.

Has anyone considered that Endo might be our backup defender?

I've thought of that as well. Either way, I'm holding out the smallest of hope that it's also being used as smokescreen and that our recruitment team are working around the clock to get at least another deal done by end of the window.

Has anyone considered that Endo might be our backup defender?

Nat’s deal with Leeds not seemingly going through seems to be a bit of a hint as well.

We haven’t been seriously linked with a CB all summer other than Colwill - and that was more like eye fluttering than getting a stiffy.

Pretty clear whatever the strategy is - the defence isn’t getting a serious revamp until next year.

Official recruitment policy leaked:

S06E04-zhMqgJH3-subtitled.jpg

It's funny, we're pretty much in the exact same boat as a year ago, if not worse. 1 midfielder gets injured and there's a huge drop off, and 1 cb gets injured and there's a huge drop off.

Nice work lads

Just a little confused as to how there isn't anyone available for us when we supposedly had 90m+ left to spend.

Guess it really was colwill or no one, like last year it was tchouameni or no one

It's funny, we're pretty much in the exact same boat as a year ago, if not worse. 1 midfielder gets injured and there's a huge drop off, and 1 cb gets injured and there's a huge drop off.

Nice work lads
We're arguably worse because we had no idea we were getting a paralyzed Fabinho back then

Forget a defender, I'll be shocked if we sign a midfielder

Endo was our final signing.

That's just how we roll these days

Nice work lads
Is it though?
One mid gets injured, enter Thiago. One DM gets injured, enter Thiago or Bajcetic.

The drop off would occur if Konate or VVD get injured, but I have a hard time seeing that we'd be able to sign a top class defender who'd want to be third choice.

Just a little confused as to how there isn't anyone available for us when we supposedly had 90m+ left to spend.

Guess it really was colwill or no one, like last year it was tchouameni or no one
The fans wont swallow it time.

How many times bitten?

Is it though?
One mid gets injured, enter Thiago. One DM gets injured, enter Thiago or Bajcetic.

The drop off would occur if Konate or VVD get injured, but I have a hard time seeing that we'd be able to sign a top class defender who'd want to be third choice.

We need CBs who are better than Matip & Gomez (for our system) - and I think there are plenty.

Is it though?

Thiago cannot be relied upon, we know this.

Jones can do a job as he stepped.inadmirably last year, but he's not as good as szob or Ali. Elliott we're told is shite. Stefan is 18 and should not be overused, more to protect him than anything else.

Our defence is largely shite after konate and vvd. The 3rd choice doesn't need to be a world beater, just dependable.

The fans wont swallow it time.

How many times bitten?

The fans will still buy the merch and the fans will still go the game.

We're too big for a section of fans to actually cause problems. They don't go the game, swathes of others do.

We're a joke

Is it though?

Matip, Gomez and even Konate are pretty injury prone, so a young CB would surely fancy his chances of getting loads of playing time. Especially considering Matip will leave next year.

Signing a young CB (20-22) would make a lot of sense both for the club and the player I would think.

Matip, Gomez and even Konate are pretty injury prone, so a young CB would surely fancy his chances of getting loads of playing time. Especially considering Matip will leave next year.

Signing a young CB (20-22) would make a lot of sense both for the club and the player I would think.
Yes a young defender in that age bracket would be perfect.

Thiago cannot be relied upon, we know this.

Jones can do a job as he stepped.inadmirably last year, but he's not as good as szob or Ali. Elliott we're told is shite. Stefan is 18 and should not be overused, more to protect him than anything else.

Our defence is largely shite after konate and vvd. The 3rd choice doesn't need to be a world beater, just dependable.
I think Thiago can be relied upon as third choice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom