1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
    Dismiss Notice
Why Not Register?

It only takes a few minutes to register on SixCrazyMinutes

Click Here

Bye bye Sadio

Discussion in 'The Football Forum' started by redblack7, May 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Astaire

Red Astaire Member Of 'The Toilets At The Harry Fan Club.. Member

Yeah I do - Based on nothing but an observation. There was a time mid way through the title winning season that he was throwing his hands up in the air every-time Salah didn't pass but then went onto score. He then pointedly refused to join in the celebrations. Almost totally in relation to Salah. If Trent or Robbo set him up it was all pointing fingers, smiles and claps for the assist. Not so with Salah who assisted him loads of times. It chilled a bit towards the end of this season but still I could tell there was something going on there. In mind that can only be disruptive. Just a feeling though.

2. Holle

Holle Chainsmoker Member

Erm, have you ever been to Bavaria?

Dee and tomasjj like this.
  3. peekay

peekay Very Well-Known Member

Nope. Heard good things about Munich from several folks.

4. Holle

Holle Chainsmoker Member

Germans, I suppose.

5. The Nomad

The Nomad Very Well-Known Member

Come Holle. Munich is lovely.

6. Red Astaire

Yeah @Holle - You surprise me. I always thought Germans and Austrians got on famously.... ;)

7. Dee

Dee Well-Known Member

Lolz

I learnt German in Basel and then moved to a village near Frankfurt. Everyone laughed at my German until an Austrian joined the lab!

Red rose likes this.
  8. Holle

Holle Chainsmoker Member

It's not bad, aye.

The rest of Bavaria, is, well, 'existing'.

9. Holle

Holle Chainsmoker Member

Cheeky fucker!

peekay, Red Astaire and SummerOnions like this.
  10. Holle

Holle Chainsmoker Member

It depends on where the Austrian came from. There are some who sound like they had their tongue removed.

11. Irishanfield

Irishanfield Tiocfaidh ár lá Member

Going to B. Munich, a team that win the league every year isn't really much of a challenge, that is no difference than goin to psg.

12. Richey

Richey Well-Known Member

Perhaps he wants a very, very easy challenge. One that comes with an awful lot of money.

Irishanfield and darkstarexodus like this.
  13. Red rose

Red rose Well-Known Member

14. Red Astaire

Maybe, but to be fair to him - He's a mahoosive philanthropist. He gives away an astonishing amount of money to causes that matter to him. Maybe he's not after the cash for himself particularly... I think you mentioned that earlier. I wouldnt at all be surprised if that's his motivation.

15. tomasjj

tomasjj Well-Known Member

I'd rather Salah left. I love Mane.

16. Beamrider

Beamrider Well-Known Member

I wonder if there's also an element of "easy street" about it - Klopp works our players hard, the style of our game is very intensive, as is the league. He might just be thinking that he could prolong his career at Bayern (and if a 33 year-old Lewandowski can top score there, then there's probably something in that). Bayern dropped 20 points in a 34 game season and won the league by 8 points. We dropped 22 in a 38-game season and lost the league by a point. There's more margin for error there, they don't have to be on it every game. There's also probably a sense that having worked for Klopp for so long that he's put his body through a lot of mileage in the last few years.
    Same with Benzema in Spain. Madrid dropped 20 points and still won the league by 13 points. With Farcelona being in such a mess there's virtually no pressure there, and Ancelotti is happy to play Houllier-style football in the big games as we know to our cost.
    Champions League aside, those guys don't play many tough games in a season and they can save their best for when it really counts (whereas last year our lads were running on fumes from mid-April onwards).
    More money, less pressure, possibility of adding a year or two to your playing career. Guaranteed domestic trophies and a fair tilt at the CL. Sounds good to me.

SaRed, gashomme, Squiggles and 7 others like this.
  17. reuque

reuque Well-Known Member

Wonder how long back he decided to leave. He did seem a bit too respectful towards Salah after beating his country twice, like asking for the stadium to not announce him as AFCON winner etc. Unless it was all just for PR of course, but maybe he felt that the club and fans gravitated more towards Salah for many different reasons. Not sure how guaranteed his star status in Bayern will be when there's also Sane there to contend with, though he'd be the shiny new thing so that's something.

18. Frogfish

Frogfish Gone to Redcafe Member

Haha I lived down in the South, near Villach, for 3 years. When I traveled to Germany they would always say ... Austrian. Just took one sentence. They would recognise the English side of me after a few more sentences (yeah my German was that 'great') err umm.

Holle likes this.
  19. rurikbird

rurikbird Part of the Furniture Honorary Member

My thoughts exactly. People say Bayern offers no challenge - but for an aging player remaining relevant at the top level of the game for as long as possible is a challenge and a huge one. Mane already had to change his position to centre-forward because his loss of explosiveness meant he wasn’t nearly as effective on the wing - but that change of position was not a viable long-term solution for LFC because it created problems in other areas, by making the likes of Salah and Jota less effective. I think he picked the right time to leave and the right club and league to move to. Wishing Sadio all the best and I’ll always love and respect him for the kind of selfless and transformative player he was for us - and by the way that won’t change after the inevitable interview about “feeling undervalued and disrespected at LFC” will come out. Just ignore the noise and focus on the good times.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
  20. StevieM

StevieM SCM's resident Beer Nazi, Wine Snob & Comic Geek Honorary Member

To be fair if he’s saying d he doesn’t want to sign a new contract and would prefer to leave this summer rather than on a free - he’s given his all while he’s been here and I wish him well.

Its’s as good a parting of ways as we’re likely to get - he can be applauded if he ever comes back with BM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.