• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton & Hove Albion v Liverpool - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just want to beat citys 100 point barrier, I actually think that's more impressive than going unbeaten. As good as Arsenal's invicables were I think we would beat them.

Maybe because he might seem like he is playing for himself at times, with that single mindedness to score everytime.

But if you take that away from him he might not be as effective so there's a trade-off.

His numbers are great though, even with plenty of games where nothing seems to be going for him so it's all good.

I wasn't being serious, you idiot.

I don't know why, but I'm struggling to appreciate Salah as much as I logically should.

I might be subconsciously racist, but hopefully not.

Btw, I really like Muslims and POCs

He's a frustrating player to watch sometimes. Like today – scored 2 goals and created several chances for his teammates, involved in everything – but you feel just as frustrated as he was with the chances he's missed and the passes he didn't play.

Like his mindset in the post-match interview – the first question was about the chance he's missed in the end and Mo said basically that's in the past and he's already focused on the next game.

My quick take of the game:
Keita was immense in the first half but was rightly subbed in the second half, looked a bit tired and didn't keep the same level. But in all fairness he ran a lot in the first half.

Salah did well but could have scored at least 4 goals today. He can be clinical at times, score goals from impossible angels but he can also be very sloppy and you sometimes question the choices he makes on the pitch, like not passing the ball to Mane after Fabs glorious cross field pass.

I think we missed Fabs in the first half. Brighton just casually strolled through our midfield and, more often than I'm comfortable with, found themselves attacking our back line head on.
But the strange thing is that I think our midfield was good. I can't say anything bad about the trio that started except that they didn't do enough in defence.

The Ox, Neco combo on the left was almost doomed from the start. The kid didn't look comfortable playing on the left and I really hope he improves because we need someone to cover for Robbo.
If this continues Klopp really needs to fix that left back issue. We've won the league and we want to win it again and compete in the cups. For that to happen we need adequate back ups in all positions.
Oh and Oxlade needs to find his form quick cause he's going to fall further down the pecking order at this rate. He's lucky we lack wing forwards because otherwise he would have been on the bench today.

He is frustrating (Salah). The pundits were going on about him now being focused on records, but he always seems to be focused on whether he personally did well. He should have played Mane in earlier and it was criminal he didn't, but he turned on Mane for not passing to him later on when Mane was in a goalscoring position.

Then he lost it a bit at the end when he knew he should have buried his header and instead of just celebrating the win, he started visibly verbally moaning about at the final whistle.

I get the will to be the best and that part of being a top footballer is striving to individually be the best, but I just don't feel he's quite as team focused as others are at times.

I'll tell you something. That Martin Tyler is an absolute cunt of a man!

I don't think I've ever seen him call a match where he hasn't shoehorned in some reference to Man Utd. Whether they're playing or not.

My quick take of the game:
Keita was immense in the first half but was rightly subbed in the second half, looked a bit tired and didn't keep the same level. But in all fairness he ran a lot in the first half.

Salah did well but could have scored at least 4 goals today. He can be clinical at times, score goals from impossible angels but he can also be very sloppy and you sometimes question the choices he makes on the pitch, like not passing the ball to Mane after Fabs glorious cross field pass.

I think we missed Fabs on the first half. Brighton just casually strolled through our midfield and more often than I'm comfortable with found themselves attacking our back line head on. But the strange thing is that I think our midfield was good. I can't say anything bad about the trio that started except that they didn't do enough in defence.

The Ox, Neco combo on the left was almost doomed from the start. The kid didn't look comfortable playing on the left and I really hope he improves because we need someone to cover for Robbo, but if this continues Klopp really needs to fix that. We've won the league we want to win it again and compete in the cups. For that to happen we really need adequate back ups in all positions.
Oh and Oxlade needs to find his form quick cause rs going to fall further down the pecking order at this rate. He's lucky we lack wing forwards because otherwise he would have been on the bench today.

I don't think you can blame the midfield, but I did think Gini was invisible at times. Much of the first half moments came from Nico's inexperience and Gomez and Trent still playing like they're new kids. They panicked and invited pressure and that's where much of Brighton's momentum came from, not from building and bypassing the midfield.

I don't think our left side was correct from the off and I don't think Gomez has been good at all since he came back. When you put him and Trent on that one side, for all their experience now, they do tend to lack that leadership between them to take control of situations and that's where they show how young they are. In the few games so far the balance and confidence just hasn't seemed right. Gomez hasn't had a very good season, nor has Ox, while Robertson has needed cover and we've not really had adequate fall backs for the front three positions (between Ox, Origi and Minamino they've all been gash).

We need a couple of players. And I know that's probably ludicrous talk after walking the title, but we do. We need a more creative midfielder, we need another centre back (Lovren is shite, Matip is injured too much and Gomez is shaky), we need cover for full back and we need another attacker.

I'll tell you something. That Martin Tyler is an absolute cunt of a man!

He just couldn't help himself at one point, "it must be painful that Man City lifted the trophy here last season in front of their fans, winning it on the day after going a goal behind, while Liverpool will have to lift the trophy in a fashion never seen before, without any fans".

FUCKING CUNT.

Here's how Salah thinks on the pitch, according to my "expert" observations. I might have mentioned this before but Salah focuses on Salah first and foremost. What I mean by that is, when he has the ball at his feet and is attacking the opposition defence he looks for the best opportunity for himself first and when he realises that he's not getting anywhere, that's when he passes the ball. Problem is, more often than not it's already too late then.
But Salah isn't selfish, he has like 8-9 assists in the league this season. But the assists often comes when he instantly decides to pass.
So basically he receives the ball, and quickly choses between option A( pass), option B (try to create an opportunity for himself).
Today we saw option A, his assist to Henderson and then option B in several other situations.

Last edited:
If there's one English manager who should get a chance at coaching a top team in England it's Graham Potter. Imo he's a very underrated manager.
From what I saw in Sweden, he's a great man manager, cares about the fans and the community surrounding the clubs he works in and plays modern attacking football.
Shit, forgot about Lampard. Ah well, Potter should get a chance too.

If there's one English manager who should get a chance at coaching a top team in England it's Graham Potter. Imo he's a very underrated manager.
From what I saw in Sweden, he's a great man manager, cares about the fans and the community surrounding the clubs he works in and plays modern attacking football.
Shit, forgot about Lampard. Ah well, Potter should get a chance too.

I like him so far, but doesn't he have a bit of a Brendan Rogers mid-level salesman vibe?

He has some potential as a manager, and he's done a decent job at Brighton. But he comes as a bit tactically inflexible, with only one way to play. Had they been a bit more pragmatic, we don't score those first 2 goals. It was incredibly naive to play out from the back like that against the best pressing team in the world.

Here's how Salah thinks on the pitch, according to my "expert" observations. I might have mentioned this before but Salah focuses on Salah first and foremost. What I mean by that is, when he has the ball at his feet and is attacking the opposition defence he looks for the best opportunity for himself first and when he realises that he's not getting anywhere, that's when he passes the ball. Problem is, more often than not it's already too late then.
But Salah isn't selfish, he has like 8-9 assists in the league this season. But the assists often comes when he instantly decides to pass.
So basically he receives the ball, and quickly choses between option A( pass), option B (try to create an opportunity for himself).
Today we saw option A, his assist to Henderson and then option B in several other situations.
That seems to be a description of any top striker - they are selfish by nature, which is why they score so many goals. I can't think of any top CF that isn't/wan't.

We win 3-1, Salah scores 2 and assists 1, and people are still moaning. Can any one remember when we've lost a game due to Salah's selfishness?

Its not moaning is it? Pointing out minor irritations and where we can still improve, striving to be better, its what Liverpool have always done.

I’d rather have a guy that shoots on sight than a team of players passing the ball along the edge of the area with no-one taking responsibility for trying to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom