• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Big Sale Now On

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark1975

Who would you sell this Summer from the main squad? I think realistically the following will go:

Phillips
Gini
Shaqiri
Origi
Adrian (confirmed)
Matip

Then any one of these could go, either through the club's choice or forced by the player:

Mane
Salah
Firmino
Milner
Keita

In:

Harvey Elliott has to come back surely?

1x RB, 1x CB, 1x AM, 1x F - all of real quality need to come in.

I can only see Mane or Salah going if it's for a heap of cash. And there doesn't seem to be a lot of that about.

With Covid season still going on I don't see us making that many moves. Mostly because I don't think many teams will be able to pay excessive sums for players.

Not sure Phillips will go, but the rest, yes.

As for the bottom list, I reckon only one of the big ones, but it is not too likely in this economic environment.
Then again, with Mbappe and Håland looking to move, it might create a musical chairs kind of scenario.

You sell players that will not weaken the squad 1st
Ox
Matip
Kieta
Shaq
Grujic
Gomez (yes - too injury prone)
Div
Karius
Couple of the other loanees too

Keep
Wilson ( I think he has done enough)
Elliot

May be sell one of the front 3

Buy
GK (cover)
RB (Cover)
2XCB
FW
2XMF (one experienced one with potential)

Not sure Phillips will go, but the rest, yes.

As for the bottom list, I reckon only one of the big ones, but it is not too likely in this economic environment.
Then again, with Mbappe and Håland looking to move, it might create a musical chairs kind of scenario.

You just know we'll end up being the ones who handed over the cash just as the music stops.

I dont think it will be a massive sale anyway, as it just isnt the time for wholesale changes in the squad given the financial climate.
But;

Origi is surley off, Shaqiri, Adrian and Gini.
Davies will be moved on with us getting a profit.

Not sure about the rest of the CBs. If we buy both Kabak and Konate (or another CB), then surely one of Gomez/Matip will move on.

Fuck all will leave of our established first teamed due to Covid, certainly none of the Stars imo

I think we have one space in the squad of 25 free at the minute - 2 if we de-register Joe Hardy.

Minamino would have to take one of those spaces if he’s brought back - same for Wilson, Gruijic, Woodburn, Awoniyi, Grabara & Ojo.

If Adrian & Gini leave there’s 2 new slots, but we’d likely want to fill one with a GK (Karius is out of contract at the end of the season too, thank fuck - probably want someone with more experience than Grabara).

So that’s 3 outfield slots we’d need to fill.

My money is on one of either Mane or Salah being sold to provide enough cash to bring in 4 new decent outfield players - a CB, a MF, a forward and take you pick as to the 4th - another MF or a forward - at an average of £30m+

If we don’t - we’ll get one expensive player and a couple of value picks to plug the gaps at an average of Under £20m each.

This will not be a window to try and sell a major asset - you simply won't get good value. I think it's very very unlikely that we sell Salah or Mane, or for that matter even someone like Keita or Ox or Matip / Gomez. Nobody will offer the kind of money we'd want and it wouldn't make sense.

I expect the major departures to be fringe guys like Shaq, Origi, Grujic, Wilson and possibly Phillips. All in the 10-20 million range.

In fact, Phillips' stock is as high as it can ever be, and we should cash in if he's not the sort of CB Klopp wants long term. If one of the mid-table clubs offer 10+ million for him, we should take it.

I can see keita going if he can’t get a run in the squad to prove his fitness.

The first our the door should be that shitbag Keita, but sadly I can't see anyone mad enough to buy him

We can keep all of our players and just need to sign Mbappe and Caleta Car and also haaland and konate and sarr and odegaard

Adrian being interviewed today saying he might stay and sign a new contract....

Who would you sell this Summer from the main squad? I think realistically the following will go:

Phillips
Gini
Shaqiri
Origi
Adrian (confirmed)
Matip

Then any one of these could go, either through the club's choice or forced by the player:

Mane
Salah
Firmino
Milner
Keita

In:

Harvey Elliott has to come back surely?

1x RB, 1x CB, 1x AM, 1x F - all of real quality need to come in.

Would Gini not be leaving on a "Free"...? No cash there

You sell players that will not weaken the squad 1st
Ox
Matip
Kieta
Shaq
Grujic
Gomez (yes - too injury prone)
Div
Karius
Couple of the other loanees too

Keep
Wilson ( I think he has done enough)
Elliot

May be sell one of the front 3

Buy
GK (cover)
RB (Cover)
2XCB
FW
2XMF (one experienced one with potential)

Agree with most of these, but would add Origi to that list; and maybe hold onto Keita

There are so many unknowns and unpredictable factors here that I gave up trying to predict who will go in the summer. All I know is that some players will be sold and some will stay.

Would Gini not be leaving on a "Free"...? No cash there

Agree with most of these, but would add Origi to that list; and maybe hold onto Keita

Can you give me one good reason for holding onto Keita? You do know he has done almost 3 seasons as a Liverpool player?

Can you give me one good reason for holding onto Keita? You do know he has done almost 3 seasons as a Liverpool player?

Do you think we can exchange him with Villa for Grealish plus pay Villa 60M ?

Do you think we can exchange him with Villa for Grealish plus pay Villa 60M ?

I wouldn’t pay £60m for Grealish on his own - let alone pay that & give them Keita.

There are so many unknowns and unpredictable factors here that I gave up trying to predict who will go in the summer. All I know is that some players will be sold and some will stay.

Same here. It is tough in a normal year. But with COVID affecting everyone's finances (including us), selling players is going to be complicated. I also think we are not going to see a lot incoming without clearing the decks somewhat. Especially since we will be looking to extend contracts of VVD, Fabinho, Salah, Mane, Alison next year.

There are quite a few players whose contract end this summer who the club could look at. Draxler, Depay, CBs, RBs and Gk

This. Based on previous history we'll sell less, buy less, than most forecast.

What I expect to happen (not of course what I want to see happen) :

OUT
Gini
Shaqiri
Origi
Adrian (gone on a free)
Grujic
Karius (gone on a free)
Wilson
Ojo
Davies

Others youngsters will leave on loan : e.g. Rhys Williams

If we get a good offer we could sell (but more than likely they'll still be here at the start of next season) :
Firmino
Keita
Ox

Milner will do whatever he wants to do (stay one more year, coaching team, gone).

IN (I doubt we'll see more than these 3-4) :
GK (cover)
CB (the French guy it seems)
Forward
Possibly a DM as cover for Fabs or twin pivot (Bissouma) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom