• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Big Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he would have only come on for the last twenty mins for us so he wouldn't have got injured, and them three assists would have been damn useful

What three assists?

Letting the giant lump go isn't the problem, not getting somebody good into the team is.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/8461636/

Transfer news: Liverpool and West Ham have Andy Carroll agreement

Last Updated: February 1, 2013 3:15pm
  • Carroll_2894077.jpg
  • Warnock_2831890.jpg
Stephen Warnock: Aston Villa full-back chose Leeds over West Ham
2/2

PreviousNext

Liverpool have already agreed to sell striker Andy Carroll to West Ham at the end of the season, according to Hammers co-owner David Sullivan.
The England international, a £35million signing from Newcastle two years ago, made the move from Anfield to Upton Park on a season-long loan deal in the summer.
Carroll's time with the Hammers has been badly hampered by injury and he has managed just one goal from nine Premier League starts and two substitute appearances.

"West Ham have an agreement with Liverpool to sign him at the end of the season, but we have no agreement with the player."
David SullivanQuotes of the week

Sullivan admitted that despite reaching an accord with their Premier League rivals, they have yet to agree terms with the powerful striker over a permanent switch and is keen for the 24-year-old to prove his worth over the final 14 games of the Premier League season.
In an exclusive interview with MailOnline: "I am often asked about Andy Carroll's deal. It is a season-long loan. Liverpool had an option to take him back in January, but he has been injured.
"West Ham have an agreement with Liverpool to sign him at the end of the season, but we have no agreement with the player.
"It was his desire to come to West Ham to prove himself to Liverpool and that hasn't changed.
"He has had injuries since he came, but he is back to fitness now and we have 15 games left... we need some goals and some points, so let's see."
Sullivan also revealed how West Ham were keen to do more business during the January transfer window, only to lose out to Leeds in their pursuit of defender Stephen Warnock, while interest in Reto Ziegler and Paul Robinson also came to nothing.
He added: "For all the deals you have read about, there were 30 others we were trying. I thought we had Stephen Warnock from Aston Villa and he said he was signing.

"For all the deals you have read about, there were 30 others we were trying. I thought we had Stephen Warnock from Aston Villa and he said he was signing. Then he changed his mind and signed for a Championship team in the north."
David SullivanQuotes of the week

"Our contract offer was for six months with an extension based on appearances and he accepted that. Then he changed his mind and signed for a Championship team in the north.
"We had a deal for the Olympiakos left-back, but when Warnock said yes, we scrapped that. Then, when we tried to get the other deal back on, the chap had gone somewhere else.
"We then spoke to Juventus left-back Reto Ziegler, who's on loan in Russia and tried to make that happen, but he went to Turkey.
"We tried to bring in goalkeeper Paul Robinson from Blackburn, but he had an injury and hasn't played often and we had a bit of doubt."

There was talk about a 17/18 mill bid during the summer window.
If we get that for him I'll cry happy tears!

17-18 million? If we get that for him, I'll run down the street of Ardee naked. Backwards. In high heels.

They have to agree a deal with Carroll as well though.
If the agreed transfer fee is anything over ten million I would say there offer to Andy would be a tray of Newki Brown and a couple of Greggs vouchers per week.
Actually, he might just accept that if they can bypass his agent.

Read that West Ham offered him 20-30k on top of the wages we pay him so that he'd agree to join them.
If true a contract shouldnt be a problem.

I didn't really give a damn what happened to WHam, they are looking pretty dire. But now I've remembered this I hope they bloody stay up otherwise he'll be back here pronto !

Good for him. Really - very good, but like I said at the start of the season, we would be lucky to get £8M for him.

A part of me still hope he gets another chance with Rodgers.

He'd defend set pieces better than anyone for starters.

Could Andy, Suarez and Studge not work out?

A part of me still hope he gets another chance with Rodgers.

He'd defend set pieces better than anyone for starters.

Could Andy, Suarez and Studge not work out?

No, we should be looking for more from our forwards than the ability to defend set pieces, he doesnt offer that

No, we should be looking for more from our forwards than the ability to defend set pieces, he doesnt offer that
He'll score loads when he gets the backing and stay clear of injuries. Belive you me that.

I don't think that's true. Borini has showed more game intelligence in the box and better movement in a handful of games than Carroll did in his whole time here. Oh and he's not an injury prone pisshead either.

I remember when he signed for us there was an interview with one of his youth coaches at Newcastle who, whilst praising him, mentioned in passing that he's always had this strange habit of landing, after heading, on one ankle (while the other leg lands on the balls of the foot), which had caused him a few back, knee and hamstring problems. Even more strangely no one had coached him effectively to land on both feet properly. So I wonder now whether he's going to remain one of those players who suffers from injury niggles. Anyway, at top form he's a terrifying player, so it's a huge pity how inconsistent he's been.

I don't think that's true. Borini has showed more game intelligence in the box and better movement in a handful of games than Carroll did in his whole time here. Oh and he's not an injury prone pisshead either.

He has been injured most of his time here.

He still played plenty of games for us. He showed glimpses of something that might flourish under a more direct style of play but ultimately we all now deep down it just wasn't gonna work out for him here. Don't get me wrong, I like seeing Carroll at his best. Being all beasty. Just don't think it will ever be consistent enough. Rodgers obviously doesn't rate him either.

You claim Carroll will be better for us because he's got more potential, even though his potential has only ever been shown in the championship and 6th months on the PL, despite the fact he was shite for a majority of the time. Borini has barely made 10 appearances, yet you despise him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom