• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atalanta (A) - EL QF - Thursday 20:00 BST

We need a hero tonight. Gini was an unlikely one against Barca, Smicer, Baros and Cisse against Milan, you never know what will happen. The likelihood is we will lose the tie, we know that, but only an absolute try-hard fanny would try to be completely dismissive of us going there and fighting for a result.
This post is too sensible to be allowed on SCM.

FWIW, that hero's name is none other than....Joe Gomez.

We need a hero tonight. Gini was an unlikely one against Barca, Smicer, Baros and Cisse against Milan, you never know what will happen. The likelihood is we will lose the tie, we know that, but only an absolute try-hard fanny would try to be completely dismissive of us going there and fighting for a result.
I think trying really hard and failing but getting close can also be motivating for us

Just Play The kids.
Rest The legs for The league.
City Are not as good as earlier years, so there could be another twist.

What did Cisse do? As far as I remember he came of the bench and missed a really big chance.

I suppose he scored a pen and worked hard, but everyone worked hard that night.

What did Cisse do? As far as I remember he came of the bench and missed a really big chance.

I suppose he scored a pen and worked hard, but everyone worked hard that night.
Thought he did well, considering the difficult season he'd had, he came off the bench and scored a great penalty. Should probably have mentioned Dudek as well, he'd been brilliant in his first year or so but then went to shit after a few howlers, so he wasn't the anticipated hero either.

It's easy to imagine us scoring at least 4 or 5.

That's what we should have scored against Palace and the two United games. The floodgates could open.

And yet our pressing is way down on both of them. Look at the pressing stats again. And Milner hasn't trained at Arsenal (or City for a decade) so how the fuck would he know?
Are you really questioning Milners take or the fact that Klopp pushes his squad harder than other managers? Really? Fair enough but I think there is enough evidence to put me on the right side of that debate.

I'm gonna need about two goals from Szobo

8n7tpc.jpg

It was a T Shirt with "Never give up" on it. When I went to the final I knew that T shirt would be on sale on every street corner in Liverpool, so I got my mate to pick one up & bring it to Madrid. I wore it for the final.

When I got home I put it through the wash and it came out 3 sizes bigger with no letters on it. That's scouse T shirt quality

It was a T Shirt with "Never give up" on it. When I went to the final I knew that T shirt would be on sale on every street corner in Liverpool, so I got my mate to pick one up & bring it to Madrid. I wore it for the final.

When I got home I put it through the wash and it came out 3 sizes bigger with no letters on it. That's scouse T shirt quality
#metoo

Mine came out smaller though after a wash.

Are you really questioning Milners take or the fact that Klopp pushes his squad harder than other managers? Really? Fair enough but I think there is enough evidence to put me on the right side of that debate.
Seriously?

Milner left City in 2015 - how does he know whether City's or Arsenal's training is harder than Liverpool's. That's ridiculous.

And as I said in the pressing stats we are down at around 6th - 10th in the PL.

Add in the fact that our players have far far fewer minutes in their legs this season (the Top 10 players by minutes are around 6 matches less than those from Arse and 115 on average) and it becomes a case of : no matter how much you want to believe that the facts support your theory that it's 4 competitions that have derailed us - they don't ! Sorry Pat.

One of my favourite tracks on my all-time favourite album
"But I believe in this and it's been tested by research, he who fucks nuns will later join the church"
Glad you got the reference. As a teenage boy, that line always stood out to me too

Glad you got the reference. As a teenage boy, that line always stood out to me too
Indeed! Brilliant album. I'll go with.....

That's just the beat of time, beat must go on
If you've been tryin' for years we already heard your song....

Alisson
Trent
Konate
VVD
Robbo
Szobo
Macca
Jones
Salah
Gapko
Diaz

Definitely gone for players who will keep the ball better.

King Danns on the bench.

Thought he did well, considering the difficult season he'd had, he came off the bench and scored a great penalty. Should probably have mentioned Dudek as well, he'd been brilliant in his first year or so but then went to shit after a few howlers, so he wasn't the anticipated hero either.

IMO it's impossible to know if he really did go to shit, because he was one of a number of victims (Litmanen, Babbel and Ziege were others) of GH's excessive "one strike and you're out" approach. He had one nightmare game against ManU and GH lost faith in him there and then.

Back
Top Bottom