• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Atalanta (A) - EL QF - Thursday 20:00 BST

Not necessarily, no…but given it’s Klopp’s last hurrah in Europe and the league is slipping away, this bunch of players will likely leave everything out there on the pitch for him…

There’s got to be huge motivation amongst the players to put this last week right and to give Klopp one last fairytale…. And it’s Europe…and we’re bona fide European royalty…
They’ve been doing that for weeks if not months.
They are knackered.

They are knackered.
Yes, I agree (and said as much on here the other day).

You asked if people really think they’ll ’turn it on’ and all I’m countering is that they’ll probably absolutely bust a gut to do so (ie. The Klopp leaving effect) and a one off European tie has a significant precedent with us unlike others (we often thrive)…ultimately though, I think fatigue will probably do for us.

They are knackered.
I'd like to know why you think they are more fatigued than the Arsenal + City 1st team players - since, according to the table of minutes played per player, the top 10 players (by minutes) in each squad, they have played the equivalent of around 6 games more than ours (due to the injuries in our squad and use of youngsters).

I'd like to know why you think they are more fatigued than the Arsenal + City 1st team players - since, according to the table of minutes played per player, the top 10 players (by minutes) in each squad, they have played the equivalent of around 6 games more than ours (due to the injuries in our squad and use of youngsters).
I think they look very fatigued as well. Whether they are or if they should be is a different issue.

I think they look very fatigued as well. Whether they are or if they should be is a different issue.
Which is why I still think we have a chance. Villa blocked out Arsenal and they had nothing left to give in the second half. Shitty got the benefit of a comical own goal after 90 seconds. Which gives energy to city and Luton knew they couldn’t get anything. Had Luton held out for say 20 minutes the doubt and fatigue starts to set in the city squad.

Well, what do we have to lose? We're already one foot out of Europe and unlikely to win the league.

Just go out there and wreck havoc boys. (And by boys I mean the ones who actually look like they want to play)

Nunez's ticket:

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

The dummy won't know...

Yes, I agree (and said as much on here the other day).

You asked if people really think they’ll ’turn it on’ and all I’m countering is that they’ll probably absolutely bust a gut to do so (ie. The Klopp leaving effect) and a one off European tie has a significant precedent with us unlike others (we often thrive)…ultimately though, I think fatigue will probably do for us.
Very rarely away from home in a second leg though, and never when trailing 3-0.

It’s done. They will most likely win the second leg too.

Our style of play, training and methods are far more taxing both mentally and physically than theirs. Just listen to the Milner interview after he left. We train like nothing he’s ever seen and he’s been at City.

Well, what do we have to lose? We're already one foot out of Europe and unlikely to win the league.

Just go out there and wreck havoc boys. (And by boys I mean the ones who actually look like they want to play)
We have significantly more chance in the league than Europe but if we do go all out then Fulham will batter us on the weekend.

Our style of play, training and methods are far more taxing both mentally and physically than theirs. Just listen to the Milner interview after he left. We train like nothing he’s ever seen and he’s been at City.
And yet our pressing is way down on both of them. Look at the pressing stats again. And Milner hasn't trained at Arsenal (or City for a decade) so how the fuck would he know?

We need a hero tonight. Gini was an unlikely one against Barca, Smicer, Baros and Cisse against Milan, you never know what will happen. The likelihood is we will lose the tie, we know that, but only an absolute try-hard fanny would try to be completely dismissive of us going there and fighting for a result.

Back
Top Bottom