• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aston Villa v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you REALLY just compare the frustration that we all felt with Hodgon's attitude, mindset and performance back then with "fans" who whine and bitch and moan about every pitiful little thing whilst in the midst of a run of just 1 league defeat in the past 50 - FIFTY - matches, during which we've won the European Cup?

Come on, man... Sean was asking for a little perspective, faith in this manager and team, and just less blithering nonsense from us fans... And he's dead right!
I applied the same hyperbole that he did. Of course there's a line, especially when a manager like Hodgson is dragging us down. But in the end this is a forum, we're supposed to voice our opinions, miniscule and petty as they often are.
We see Ox who scored three goals this past week sitting on the bench and complain about Lallana starting, is that not a valid complaint? We won after Lallana was subbed. So was Klopp right in starting him? These are the things we're supposed to talk about here, am I right?
Also people going to the games have done a whoooooole lot more to damage Liverpool FC over the years than a few keyboard warriors in a forum has ever done and that was when we were at our best.
If you don't like the discussion here ignore it, go to the game, support the team. Have fun. I wish I could go there too and the few times I've been I've come home horse from all the singing and shouting.
It's not comparable and pointing at it to prove some kind division between fans is just fucking low.

A forum is indeed there to provide an opportunity for voicing opinions. That includes opinions about other posts as well as about the team or the matches.

To coin a phrase, if you don't like the discussion in here ignore it.

A forum is indeed there to provide an opportunity for voicing opinions. That includes opinions about other posts as well as about the team or the matches.

To coin a phrase, if you don't like the discussion in here ignore it.

I agree that a Forum is a place to voice opinions. But keep in mind we are a fragile small community here. There is room for everyone to contribute but there is also room for people to use their head a little. There isn't a single person on this forum who has not got it that Modo hates Hendo and Lallana. It is not a single person here who don't hear/read the fucking constant boring shit moaning every fucking day. We win a game in dramatic circumstances and records our 10th win in our 11 opening games in PL, and instead of being upbeat, this is what we can read:

"
[bcolor=#fdfbf8]With the risk of pissing some fanboys off, I really hope some of you now understand why I can't stand to see certain players start for us. Some joked about it before the game but it's no fucking joke. We could have dropped three points today. I never want to see that combo in midfield again."[/bcolor]

[bcolor=#fdfbf8]I am not going to force anyone to be happy. But these are sensational times for us. We are reigning CL champions, had a historical good PL season last season and look to even top that this season. Still some use every fucking second they have on this site to go on and on and on about slating the same players. Over and over and over again. And if people start ignoring it instead of adressing it this little community will dissapear. So is it too much to ask to fucking stop moaning? At least until we lose or are really outplayed or whatever happens that is worth moaning about. "We could have lost three points!" Have you ever heard such fucking bollocks.[/bcolor]

I applied the same hyperbole that he did. Of course there's a line, especially when a manager like Hodgson is dragging us down. But in the end this is a forum, we're supposed to voice our opinions, miniscule and petty as they often are.
We see Ox who scored three goals this past week sitting on the bench and complain about Lallana starting, is that not a valid complaint? We won after Lallana was subbed. So was Klopp right in starting him? These are the things we're supposed to talk about here, am I right?
Also people going to the games have done a whoooooole lot more to damage Liverpool FC over the years than a few keyboard warriors in a forum has ever done and that was when we were at our best.
If you don't like the discussion here ignore it, go to the game, support the team. Have fun. I wish I could go there too and the few times I've been I've come home horse from all the singing and shouting.
It's not comparable and pointing at it to prove some kind division between fans is just fucking low.

Wow? really?

I don't think anyone was happy to see Lallana start in place of Fabinho, so it's hardly a case of Modo arguing with everyone and going "See! I was right!" because nobody was saying he wasn't.

It's like screaming and arguing with people who are in agreement with you. If you do that, everyone just thinks you're mental.

I don't think anyone was happy to see Lallana start in place of Fabinho, so it's hardly a case of Modo arguing with everyone and going "See! I was right!" because nobody was saying he wasn't.

It's like screaming and arguing with people who are in agreement with you. If you do that, everyone just thinks you're mental.
So why did I become the focal point of it?
How much moaning did I actually do in the match thread? Basically none.

Last edited:

I agree although you could do without sticking the knife into Lallana and Henderson every time ;)

So why did I become the focal point of it?
How much moaning did I actually do in the match thread? Basically none.

Because you are a serial moaner. The only reason you didn't moan significantly in the match thread is because someone made a postmatch thread and you surely moaned there. If not that moaning would have come in the match thread and that is a fact!

And your moaning ain't even consitant. As I showed you earlier it is not that long a go since you moaned and bitched about Klopp as you wanted a manager that actually won stuff. And recently you even moaned about how shit Salah and Mane where cause they had a bad game (besides a goal and a assist between them) and all you wanted was a team playing well (not So important with winning then I guess as it was the middle of the 17 winning game streak).

This week you moaned that Lallana started a difficult away game in the midlands ahead of Ox (who has correctly recently Scored 3 goals. However not a single mentioning of Lallana actually scoring a game winner in the same period). Ox coming back from a year long injury and someone in the backroom staff, maybe even the "not -winning -stuff- manager", making a decision that a he might not have 2 games a week in him at this stage being totally ignored. And the moaning comes after we actually win the game with the reasoning "We might actually have dropped points" (If we hadn't won the game I presume then?)

Are you really surprised that you end up as a focal point?

Because you are a serial moaner. The only reason you didn't moan significantly in the match thread is because someone made a postmatch thread and you surely moaned there. If not that moaning would have come in the match thread and that is a fact!

And your moaning ain't even consitant. As I showed you earlier it is not that long a go since you moaned and bitched about Klopp as you wanted a manager that actually won stuff. And recently you even moaned about how shit Salah and Mane where cause they had a bad game (besides a goal and a assist between them) and all you wanted was a team playing well (not So important with winning then I guess as it was the middle of the 17 winning game streak).

This week you moaned that Lallana started a difficult away game in the midlands ahead of Ox (who has correctly recently Scored 3 goals. However not a single mentioning of Lallana actually scoring a game winner in the same period). Ox coming back from a year long injury and someone in the backroom staff, maybe even the "not -winning -stuff- manager", making a decision that a he might not have 2 games a week in him at this stage being totally ignored. And the moaning comes after we actually win the game with the reasoning "We might actually have dropped points" (If we hadn't won the game I presume then?)

Are you really surprised that you end up as a focal point?

Sounds like you're moaning about someone else supposedly moaning. Maybe we should all just enjoy watching possibly the best Liverpool team of our lives?

Sounds like you're moaning about someone else supposedly moaning. Maybe we should all just enjoy watching possibly the best Liverpool team of our lives?
Undoubtedly the best Liverpool team of our lives.

Arguably the best Liverpool side in history (I know, I know, winning stuff all the time, but that's why I said arguably, & the fact that we can even have that argument considering our past sides, is astonishing).

Undoubtedly the best Liverpool team of our lives.

Arguably the best Liverpool side in history (I know, I know, winning stuff all the time, but that's why I said arguably, & the fact that we can even have that argument considering our past sides, is astonishing).

That's a rather bold statement

Definitely the best team I've seen with, for lack of a better term, "adult eyes". Was too young to appreciate the team in the 80s and Rafa's 2009 team has been surpassed by this team.

Last edited:
This is not the best LFC team ever until it wins the EPL, FA, and all the other stuff in Football. Still a while to go yet. It is playing unbelievable and great football yes. Love it. Let's hope it go on to win all the top honours. It is the best team for decades.

The fact is that our teams in the 70s and 80s didn't have to beat a team funded by an oil rich state, and no doubt, with the strongest squad in terms of depth of quality in world football. We never achieved 97 points in a league season (even if we scale up from the old 2 points a win), and our number of goals conceded last year (if I remember right) was a club record low. So yes, we had a fabulous team back in the day that was dripping with trophies, but I don't believe we ever had to face such difficult odds. If we win the league against this City side it will rank our greatest ever league campaign. IMHO, of course.

I don't fucking care what anyone thinks, what the facts are, what the context suggests, or the landscape and competition is: if this team doesn't win the league title it isn't ever going to be thought of as "the greatest ever", because we've already won 18 league titles before.

The fact is that our teams in the 70s and 80s didn't have to beat a team funded by an oil rich state, and no doubt, with the strongest squad in terms of depth of quality in world football. We never achieved 97 points in a league season (even if we scale up from the old 2 points a win), and our number of goals conceded last year (if I remember right) was a club record low. So yes, we had a fabulous team back in the day that was dripping with trophies, but I don't believe we ever had to face such difficult odds. If we win the league against this City side it will rank our greatest ever league campaign. IMHO, of course.

Agreed, good post Doc.

Oh please oh please let's debate this after we win the league. I'm going to tear into some of you fucking cunts, I'll be furious.

I don't fucking care what anyone thinks, what the facts are, what the context suggests, or the landscape and competition is: if this team doesn't win the league title it isn't ever going to be thought of as "the greatest ever", because we've already won 18 league titles before.

Absolutely. And I hate this concept of our previous title WINNERS not getting 97 pts. They didn’t have to but for all we know they could have if pushed. They did enough to win the league. I can’t remember the season but Hansen spoke about it where we won the league with loads of games left and didn’t win a game after. We were champions it didn’t matter.

Even take trophies out of it and there are numerous by gone teams who played more attractive football but even on the trophy topic one side were a cup final victory over Utd away from the treble.

Tbh even if this side does win the league it’s still insulting to suggest they are better than the sides who spat out league title after league title and European Cups at a time that only champions could play.

This is a very good side but they have a long way to go be in the conversation as greatest ever.

That of course, is true. It is shit, but it is true. But we ARE going to win it, and then there should be no debate.

Absolutely. And I hate this concept of our previous title WINNERS not getting 97 pts. They didn’t have to but for all we know they could have if pushed. They did enough to win the league. I can’t remember the season but Hansen spoke about it where we won the league with loads of games left and didn’t win a game after. We were champions it didn’t matter.

Even take trophies out of it and there are numerous by gone teams who played more attractive football but even on the trophy topic one side were a cup final victory over Utd away from the treble.

Tbh even if this side does win the league it’s still insulting to suggest they are better than the sides who spat out league title after league title and European Cups at a time that only champions could play.

This is a very good side but they have a long way to go be in the conversation as greatest ever.

And don’t give me the ‘other sides were weaker’ Forest were European champions twice!

And don’t give me the ‘other sides were weaker’ Forest were European champions twice!
Yes, beating Athens, Grasshopper and Malmo as part of their journey to success. They were a very very good side, but did they have the quality and depth, and sheer advantage of resources of this City side? No. Not even close.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom