• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aston Villa v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha I don't hate you at all, Dreamy. This fella was a hysterical melt in the match thread, though. And that's coming from me!

I don’t mind anyone going into meltdown in real time in a game when emotions are high but claiming we bottled last season is the pits. Fuckin 97 pts and it took city winning 14 in a row to beat us by 1 pt!

I don’t mind anyone going into meltdown in real time in a game when emotions are high but claiming we bottled last season is the pits. Fuckin 97 pts and it took city winning 14 in a row to beat us by 1 pt!

Exactly. You can't call last season a bottlejob, and it winds me up when people say it is.

Well that was one of the best aways I’ve had for a long time. Great fun and do you know what? Not one hysterical fanny in there. Not one. Just proper reds there to sing, support, laugh and be there together.

This place is becoming unbearable with the cock ends who think they know better than Klopp when they are just some bitter little weirdo say in their fucking bedroom. Fuck you. Get to the fucking game but if you can’t at least be a supporter. The clue is in the name. Supporter. Otherwise just go and fuck yourself.

I'd rather we have a forum where people can voice happiness, or displeasure, with what they see ... regardless my position on the subject (even when it really pisses me off). That allows for debates and some great threads too.

I don't know if there's a footy forum out there where the fans all agree with what the manager does, or don't voice displeasure, when they're concerned about their team. I know a few countries like that though - but on a more serious note, you really should chill out and enjoy the forum for what you like and ignore what you don't (even though that can be tough).

And please cut that 'super fan' bullshit out - I wish I could go to games every week, but I cannot for many reasons. I wish I wouldn't have to spend as much I will in November to take my son to his first game and make his dreams come true, but well, that's what some of us 'bitter little weirdos' do for the team we love.

But to end it on a note, part of your post reminded me of this classic:

Last edited:
I'd rather we have a forum where people can voice happiness, or displeasure, with what they see ... regardless my position on the subject (even when it really pisses me off). That allows for debates and some great threads too.

I don't know if there's a footy forum out there where the fans all agree with what the manager does, or don't voice displeasure, when they're concerned about their team. I know a few countries like that though - but on a more serious note, you really should chill out and enjoy the forum for what you like and ignore what you don't (even though that can be tough).

And please cut that 'super fan' bullshit out - I wish I could go to games every week, but I cannot for many reasons. I wish I wouldn't have to spend as much I will in November to take my son to his first game and make his dreams come true, but well, that's what some of us 'bitter little weirdos' do for the team we love.

But to end it on a note, part of your post reminded me of this classic:

I wasn’t for a second implying I’m a superfan. I’ve been to five games this season. Three home and two away and then only because mates can’t go. I’m not for one second including you or the majority of the decent posters who come on here and vent frustration etc during games. I was merely pointing out that there are some who come on here because they want to appear right more than they want to appear to support the team they purport to follow. Those people are absolute cunts.

I wasn’t for a second implying I’m a superfan. I’ve been to five games this season. Three home and two away and then only because mates can’t go. I’m not for one second including you or the majority of the decent posters who come on here and vent frustration etc during games. I was merely pointing out that there are some who come on here because they want to appear right more than they want to appear to support the team they purport to follow. Those people are absolute cunts.

I think I'd probably put one person who I only see coming on here when he needs to bitch and he's been doing that since we started the site.
He's an absolute cunt but as he only posts a few times a year, I let it go.
Listen, I get your frustration but ignore it (or block the posters) ... This place is meant to be fun, and to a a strange degree, family ...
Let's enjoy this ride - we are watching one of the greatest sides in our club's illustrious history - and that's a privilege!

I think I'd probably put one person who I only see coming on here when he needs to bitch and he's been doing that since we started the site.
He's an absolute cunt but as he only posts a few times a year, I let it go.
Listen, I get your frustration but ignore it (or block the posters) ... This place is meant to be fun, and to a a strange degree, family ...
Let's enjoy this ride - we are watching one of the greatest sides in our club's illustrious history - and that's a privilege!

that’s my fucking point! Love ya,

I would say 99% of people who post on here are long term and have shown they support the club.

This is a good sign. We're clearly living rent free in his head.

Today should have been a day he was celebrating. A late winner to keep his side alive in the title race.

But clearly our 2 late goals have overshadowed that and frankly knocked the stuffing out of their dressing room celebrations.

A nice little kick in the gut ahead of next week.

And whilst they are a talented group capable of beating any team, I can't help but feel that their defence is looking hella ropey right now and if can beat them well, I could see them dropping points in the next few games too (Chelsea, Newcastle away, Burnley away.) Pep already looks like he's feeling the pressure.

It's unusual for him to openly criticise like that.

This is a good sign. We're clearly living rent free in his head.

Today should have been a day he was celebrating. A late winner to keep his side alive in the title race.

But clearly our 2 late goals have overshadowed that and frankly knocked the stuffing out of their dressing room celebrations.

A nice little kick in the gut ahead of next week.

And whilst they are a talented group capable of beating any team, I can't help but feel that their defence is looking hella ropey right now and if can beat them well, I could see them dropping points in the next few games too (Chelsea, Newcastle away, Burnley away.) Pep already looks like he's feeling the pressure.

It's unusual for him to openly criticise like that.

It’s not that unusual. He’s made several digs at us in the past.

This is all “mind games” ahead of our match.

Used to think Pep was a classy guy but that was a long time ago now.

Well that was one of the best aways I’ve had for a long time. Great fun and do you know what? Not one hysterical fanny in there. Not one. Just proper reds there to sing, support, laugh and be there together.

This place is becoming unbearable with the cock ends who think they know better than Klopp when they are just some bitter little weirdo say in their fucking bedroom. Fuck you. Get to the fucking game but if you can’t at least be a supporter. The clue is in the name. Supporter. Otherwise just go and fuck yourself.
You're so much better than us. Please educate us, Mr Superfan.

The "I go the game so I'm boss, and you're a shit fan if you don't" shout is fucking bollocks. Loads of cretins go the game, and loads of passionate, loyal, knowledgeable fans don't. It doesn't make you a better fan.

That said, he does have a point about some fans on here being hysterical nobs. But that's just indicative of people. I'm sure there were a few fans in the away end acting like hysterical nobs.

FFS Sean never said nor implied that going to the match made him a better fan. He just observed there was less whining and panic at the match than there inevitably is on here

There's a couple of comments... maybe myself and a few others are reading too much into it... but he says...

Proper reds (at the match)
Get to the fucking game

I thought they were a bit harsh. But maybe I took them the wrong way.

The support at the game has a direct visual and audible effect on the players, classical mechanics. The vile criticism spewed on this site has a real quantum mechanical effect on the entire universe. Only a fool would think the former is more important than the latter in terms of our chances of winning games.

The people who go to games never ever "boo" players or managers...it's unheard of.
They all sit there when Stoke are up 6-1 and sing happy songs.

FFS Sean never said nor implied that going to the match made him a better fan. He just observed there was less whining and panic at the match than there inevitably is on here

I think on here we have to take into account that people express what is going on in their heads - in terms of thoughts, at a real life match you would never do that, why would you ? - you are there to encourage your team - the whole essence of "support".

For the record I have never been to a live LFC game, but have been to two live games in my life (will not mention the team), - I have a problem in that I don't like being part of huge crowds, and feel like collapsing, and secondly I don't enjoy the game - because I cannot see the shit that's going on in the game itself. However, I do enjoy the celebrations that take place after a goal. One day I plan on visiting Liverpool and staying over one night but only when I can get a ticket for a game - don't know when that will be but it needs to be done.

"This place is becoming unbearable with the cock ends who think they know better than Klopp when they are just some bitter little weirdo say in their fucking bedroom. Fuck you. Get to the fucking game but if you can’t at least be a supporter. The clue is in the name. Supporter. Otherwise just go and fuck yourself."

What was this part about then?

Better yet, let's shut down this forum. Cause opinions are stupid. I bet you were all supportive when Hodgson was the manager, I mean you wouldnt have sacked him cause he definitely knows more about football than all of us, right?

Hell football is just a game why bother with it.

Get off your high horse.

Did you REALLY just compare the frustration that we all felt with Hodgon's attitude, mindset and performance back then with "fans" who whine and bitch and moan about every pitiful little thing whilst in the midst of a run of just 1 league defeat in the past 50 - FIFTY - matches, during which we've won the European Cup?

Come on, man... Sean was asking for a little perspective, faith in this manager and team, and just less blithering nonsense from us fans... And he's dead right!

Did you REALLY just compare the frustration that we all felt with Hodgon's attitude, mindset and performance back then with "fans" who whine and bitch and moan about every pitiful little thing whilst in the midst of a run of just 1 league defeat in the past 50 - FIFTY - matches, during which we've won the European Cup?

He did, yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom