• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Aston Villa (A) 26th Dec, boxing day footy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised the number of fans slating the guy, other than his composure in front of goal I've been very impressed.

Quite like he's a fiery character at times.

I want to believe. Not giving up hope yet although there are certainly some reasons to do so.

Not really, mate. 9 goals in 19 games in a team that has been quite dysfunctional is good in all honesty. Think its more a reason to be optimistic about what type of player he can become after how he ended the first part of the season prior to the WC.
Missing some chances against City doesnt change that. Although for some one game is enough to shift from one camp to another, and back again and again.

it looks like it is constantly bordering on boiling over in his head, a complete emo

at least we know now why the sporting director "is leaving"

if he recovers and becomes a great success, I will eat that stupid sturgeon

Nicola?

Christ that’s a brave bet

I highely doubt that Wards personal reasons has anything to do with Nunez.

Nunez has 9 goals in 19 games, 5 in 10 in league. I’d say thats a very good start after his first 6 months. So he’s obviously not shit.
Convert that to goals per minute and its even better since he was used sparingly for the first few games.

Scoring 0.5 goals per game is as good as all bar Mo in our top ten goal scorers of all time. Kenny was way below that. Now he needs to keep it up over the next 300 games.

Yeah, I mean we remember Crouchy's start and Andy Caroll's start. Nunez is already better and only getting started

The comparison between Nunez and Carroll borders on disrespect.
Nunez has scored how many goals, and he hasn't got use to English football yet? Unlike Jota, he does not breakdown.
Hopefully Jacob Ramsey does well enough for Klopp to notice him.

Ramsey is injured - which is perfect if he wants to get Klopp interested.

I want to believe. Not giving up hope yet although there are certainly some reasons to do so.

My opinion of him is as volatile as his performance and it fluctuates from minute to minute. I admire the pace, the movement and the physicality he displays. At the same time, his misses and decision making makes me want to tear my limited hair out at times. I am not giving up hope as he is central to our performance in the rest of the season and I don't want to imagine our season if he does not live up to his potential soon.

I will say this though. I would rather watch our games when he starts than when he does not start. When he steps on the pitch - something always happens. He is not boring. When he has the ball, I am always jumping out of my sofa - for good or bad reasons.

Ramsey is injured - which is perfect if he wants to get Klopp interested.

Missing three games due to injury. He will not even get close to getting our scouts attention. Midfielders don't interest our scouts until they stare death in the face and their entire life flashes before them.

Get him to break his legs and be out for 6 months. Then LFC links will start surfacing.

What a crock of shit all these Nunez comparisons with Carroll, Benteke, Crouch etc are.

Show me any one of them assisting a goal in the manner that Nunez did for the second against City.

The premature writing of him off at this stage is just pathetic, sky generation bollocks, not least because in the space of a few months as a young player in a new league (playing for a struggling side), he’s already shown himself to be a bombastic attacking threat and goal scorer / creator with pace and power to burn.

Stop being pricks and give him some time.

My opinion of him is as volatile as his performance and it fluctuates from minute to minute. I admire the pace, the movement and the physicality he displays. At the same time, his misses and decision making makes me want to tear my limited hair out at times. I am not giving up hope as he is central to our performance in the rest of the season and I don't want to imagine our season if he does not live up to his potential soon.

I will say this though. I would rather watch our games when he starts than when he does not start. When he steps on the pitch - something always happens. He is not boring. When he has the ball, I am always jumping out of my sofa - for good or bad reasons.

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I am embracing the "chaos agent" narrative so far but would like to see his consistency improve so we can switch to a "ruthless beast" characterization. He's got most of the tools but is still very raw.

Not really, mate. 9 goals in 19 games in a team that has been quite dysfunctional is good in all honesty. Think its more a reason to be optimistic about what type of player he can become after how he ended the first part of the season prior to the WC.
Missing some chances against City doesnt change that. Although for some one game is enough to shift from one camp to another, and back again and again.

I'm hardly being negative. He's a physical specimen and creates tons of danger. He's also got the first touch of a rapist and often looks like Bambi on ice. The two are not mutually exclusive. I'm desperate for him to succeed and hope he does so.

I'm hardly being negative. He's a physical specimen and creates tons of danger. He's also got the first touch of a rapist and often looks like Bambi on ice. The two are not mutually exclusive. I'm desperate for him to succeed and hope he does so.

We all want him to succeed - we need him to… but, by fuck, can he sometimes look like a massive waste of space!

He has ball control like he hasn’t tied his own boots. He’s probably too thick to do that. His striking of the ball is abysmal. Barely stays onside. And that “assist” for Mo was nearly fucked up as it wasn’t the best of passes. Mo’s brilliance put it in.

We all want him to succeed - we need him to… but, by fuck, can he sometimes look like a massive waste of space!
He is a striker, beyond Goals and Assists the two things put together equal goal contributions, he stands where in your opinion? He fucks up in front of goal sometimes but so has Salah. It takes half a season to a season to adapt to Klopp's methods and style, this kid imho is doing really well

Pretty much exactly how I feel. I am embracing the "chaos agent" narrative so far but would like to see his consistency improve so we can switch to a "ruthless beast" characterization. He's got most of the tools but is still very raw.

He’s not raw. He’s just thick and doesn’t seem much of the teachable type either.

He is a striker, beyond Goals and Assists the two things put together equal goal contributions, he stands where in your opinion? He fucks up in front of goal sometimes but so has Salah. It takes half a season to a season to adapt to Klopp's methods and style, this kid imho is doing really well

I want more from him - he should have scored twice as many goals as he has.

He needs to be one of the best strikers on the planet and in serious running for the Ballon d’Or.

No pressure, like…

Hadn't heard this one before :

Sterling on Luis Suarez: "I will never forget the day Suarez got a ridiculously swollen ankle. Anyone else would be like, 'Nope, not my day.' But Suarez played. His ankle looked like a ball, he put on Gerrard's boots which were two sizes too big. Then he came out and scored a hat-trick."

The whole 'agent of chaos' thing is cringey as fuck. It's just a dumb way of saying his decision making is atrocious.

He’s no agent of chaos I’ll tell you that. That term signifies a hard man.

Nunez seems like the sort who’ll cry if mugged in a dark alley.

But there’s a fighter inside. Just need hours and hours of therapy and hugs to coax it out of him.

He’s no agent of chaos I’ll tell you that. That term signifies a hard man.

Nunez seems like the sort who’ll cry if mugged in a dark alley.

But there’s a fighter inside. Just need hours and hours of therapy and hugs to coax it out of him.

I’m guessing you havent read about his background or journey into European football. You couldnt actually be anymore wrong if you tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom