• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Are we spending 150m on Bellingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're going to look like right sorry cunts when he signs for Madrid after us continuously tapping and greasing him up for the last 2 years

We’ve also got shirt and sleeve sponsorship deals coming up for renewal.

The only watch out is the potential reduction in EPL money if the next deal drops in value - or we don’t qualify for the CL.

Bellingham, Rice or Caciedo, Enzo Fernandez, Gvardiol and Kudus - for what, an outlay of £500m over 2 seasons for 5 players that would rejuvenate the team.

Meanwhile, Kieta, Ox, Milner, Matip, Thiago, Firmino phased out - with VDV, Salah, Henderson, Robbo and even Alisson starting to be phased out.

Wages, I think we’re fine - but we’ll need to start selling a few “good” and Fringe/youth players that’ll bring in decent revenue - and I don’t mean Nat Phillips for - £12m.

We retain kelleher (probably, although he’s a sale option), Trent, Konate, Badger-Tits, Harvey, Carvalho, Diaz & Nunez.

Jota, Jones & Gomez are the other sale options.

It’s doable if we get a cash injection from a share issue (I think), we start to flip players regularly for more money (which is against Klopp’s general policy of keeping a team together) and we get additional commercial activities right (and I’d be looking at the new minority owners to bring something to the table here).

I forgot about Fabinho - there’s another one “ we either cash in on or phase out over the next 2-3 years.

A player like Bellingham (I just can't see us signing him despite Henderson and TAA's best efforts) arriving surely means demotion for Elliot.

The balance England had with Bellingham - Henderson - Rice was just about right.

Think what people should ask themselves is If Jude Bellingham was a Liverpool and we was selling him how much would we be asking for him...?
At this moment in time If he cost £150m I would pay it...

Sell The Ox, Keita, Morton, Gomez, Milner and whoever but sign him.
You can't make omelettes without break a few eggs

No, he isn't. The market decides the price, not us randoms on an internet forum. Bellingham is already a monster and is going to get better still.

That is not what I meant. The market is the market, for sure. I was unclear.
I just disagree on if we should spend this amount on Bellingham, alternatives considered, and our coffers.

Ignoring the financials, we seem to be in a great position to sign him. I do think getting Ox, Keita and Milner off the wage books should free up funds also. Would expect to see Morton promoted to fill the Milner gap and Bellingham in for Naby/Ox. Given how little time they are on the pitch it's a plus for the squad not a minus.

If we only signed two players in the summer/winter and Bellingham was one I won't complain

We’ve also got shirt and sleeve sponsorship deals coming up for renewal.

The only watch out is the potential reduction in EPL money if the next deal drops in value - or we don’t qualify for the CL.

Bellingham, Rice or Caciedo, Enzo Fernandez, Gvardiol and Kudus - for what, an outlay of £500m over 2 seasons for 5 players that would rejuvenate the team.

Meanwhile, Kieta, Ox, Milner, Matip, Thiago, Firmino phased out - with VDV, Salah, Henderson, Robbo and even Alisson starting to be phased out.

Wages, I think we’re fine - but we’ll need to start selling a few “good” and Fringe/youth players that’ll bring in decent revenue - and I don’t mean Nat Phillips for - £12m.

We retain kelleher (probably, although he’s a sale option), Trent, Konate, Badger-Tits, Harvey, Carvalho, Diaz & Nunez.

Jota, Jones & Gomez are the other sale options.

It’s doable if we get a cash injection from a share issue (I think), we start to flip players regularly for more money (which is against Klopp’s general policy of keeping a team together) and we get additional commercial activities right (and I’d be looking at the new minority owners to bring something to the table here).

@StevieM The only thing that I disagree with here is that we sell Jota...

@SummerOnions Did read somewhere that Borussia Dortmund where showing interest in signing Tyler Morton

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...l-midfielder-Tyler-Morton-loan-Blackburn.html

That would give us a monetary in what we would pay for Jude should he chose to sign for us

Back when our club was value at 300m/400m. Out best midfielder Gerrard was valued at 50m by Chelsea. Now the club is valued at 4bn....

@StevieM The only thing that I disagree with here is that we sell Jota...

@SummerOnions Did read somewhere that Borussia Dortmund where showing interest in signing Tyler Morton

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...l-midfielder-Tyler-Morton-loan-Blackburn.html

That would give us a monetary in what we would pay for Jude should he chose to sign for us

He’s an option to sell - that’s all.

We aren’t selling Kieta, Ox, Milner - there’s no money there and they’re leaving anyway - if we’re going to do this - like you said, we might have to “crack a few eggs”.

City have sold some decent players over the last few years.

Back when our club was value at 300m/400m. Out best midfielder Gerrard was valued at 50m by Chelsea. Now the club is valued at 4bn....

To be fair though - we could have also bought Southampton FC and made them out feeder team for less than we paid them for VDV, Mane, Lovren, Crouch, Lallana, Clyne & Lambert.

A player like Bellingham (I just can't see us signing him despite Henderson and TAA's best efforts) arriving surely means demotion for Elliot.

The balance England had with Bellingham - Henderson - Rice was just about right.
I'm curious if Klopp can mold Elliott into a kind of Hendo role - tenacious, pressing, passing. Hendo at his best is a fantastic player, and I think Elliott could have those qualities if worked on

“Polish Pete” will be 29 at the end of the season - so no, I wouldn’t pay £50m for a 29 yo unless he’s genuinely fucking top drawer.

So… no - £20m max for Polish Pete.

The Georgian plays in a position we don’t need to spend on - as good as he is, unless we’re on a supermarket sweep trolley dash for players - we need to invest elsewhere.

Sure - sell Diaz to fund the Georgian - but it’d be fucking stooopid.

JJ is right - we don’t set the price - team’s willingness to pay does. However, here’s the thing - and @Hansern knows where I’m going with this - you always quote an extreme price in a negotiation, whether it’s selling or buying because that’s how negotiations generally work for a one off sale - that doesn’t mean that’ll be the actual cost.

You also have to factor in - even if it is £120m, that’s likely to be the total package - I have no fucking problem paying Dortmund £80m upfront and an extra £10m every time we win the Lesgue or Champions League with Jude or for every time he wins the Balon d’or, etc it every time he plays 75 league games or 30 CL league games.

You shouldn’t give a fuck either - it’s not your money and it’s up to our guys to work out a deal that gives Dortmund what they want - use Morton, Jones, Harvey, Carvalho, Badger-Tits or whoever on a swap with a fixed buy back - send Dortmund a container full of signed Klopp pictures & promises of pre-season friendlies with 100% of the gate - who gives a fuck.

Also - he’s not a passive participant in this process - he can direct it.

The guy’s a fucking monster - sign him!!!

… and sign his younger brother up now as well.
I thought he was 26 for some reason, so at 29 and £50m (which is the asking price, its a no).

If I had to sell anyone to make room for the Georgian, it would have to be Jota. Gets too injured for me.
Let's say we get Bellingham for £120m and plus £40m if he hits other milestones, you honestly think FSG would spend any more?

It's mad that fans of a club like ours are pricing ourselves out of a deal for a 19 year old midfielder, however good he is (same principle applies to Mbappe and others). Why wouldn't a player like that play for a club that's reached 4 European finals under its current manager and has only failed to win multiple other trophies due to a sports washing domestic rival with an unlimited budget? We should be able to afford him, and if we can't then the game is fucked.
Truth is I think we can, but we have to sell to buy him, and not just fringe players either. Question is who you'd be prepared to let go. Whatever Dortmund's interest in Morton might be, he's not going to be enough to swing it. So would you sell Trent? Virgil? Alisson? Because that's the kind of sacrifice you'd need to be looking at.

I am not sure if Bellingham will come to us. But I am confident Henderson and TAA are doing a mother of all tapping up sessions on him. Now all that is remaining is a personal tour of Blackpool by Klopp and he is ours.

We need some filthy-rich Arabs to buy us, if we're going to go for a player like Bellingham.

150m is a fair price, if he gives you 10 years of service and becomes our captain.

Let's be honest, he's the closest thing to a young Stevie G out there.

Looks another generational talent up there with Haaland and Mbappe.

If some Qatari or Saudi buy us, Bellingham being the first signing would immediately settle down most dissenting voices.

We can all be publicly outraged like...

f7cb938876f0aabb073738b20f8cab4f.jpg

Last edited:
It's mad that fans of a club like ours are pricing ourselves out of a deal for a 19 year old midfielder, however good he is (same principle applies to Mbappe and others). Why wouldn't a player like that play for a club that's reached 4 European finals under its current manager and has only failed to win multiple other trophies due to a sports washing domestic rival with an unlimited budget? We should be able to afford him, and if we can't then the game is fucked.
Truth is I think we can, but we have to sell to buy him, and not just fringe players either. Question is who you'd be prepared to let go. Whatever Dortmund's interest in Morton might be, he's not going to be enough to swing it. So would you sell Trent? Virgil? Alisson? Because that's the kind of sacrifice you'd need to be looking at.

It is though.

I'm curious if Klopp can mold Elliott into a kind of Hendo role - tenacious, pressing, passing. Hendo at his best is a fantastic player, and I think Elliott could have those qualities if worked on

I just don't think he's that kind of player. It's not his primary set of qualities so why go to all the effort.

Easy- Salah.
Should have been sold rather than re-signed.

We need some filthy-rich Arabs to buy us, if we're going to go for a player like Bellingham.

150m is a fair price, if he gives you 10 years of service and becomes our captain.

Let's be honest, he's the closest thing to a young Stevie G out there.

Looks another generational talent up there with Haaland and Mbappe.

If some Qatari or Saudi buy us, Bellingham being the first signing would immediately settle down most dissenting voices.

We can all be publicly outraged like...

f7cb938876f0aabb073738b20f8cab4f.jpg

Problem for me is, he isn't a Stevie G.

I reckon that bollocks - we can afford him if we want to - but it’ll require some sacrifices and decisions that aren’t going to sit will with everyone.

Bellingham’s salary isn’t an issue - we have 4 players on approx. £150k a week out of contract at the end of the season. There’s enough in the wages budget to pay him - and he can aspire to Salah’s salary by the time he’s 24 - if he’s as food as he looks.

A £150m transfer fee spread over 5 seasons is £30m a season - that could be covered by selling naming rights on Anfield - City get £20m a season for the Emptyiad.

Fuck Naby off & play at the Amazon Anfield Arena for the next 5 years - that’s how we afford him without any change to the accounts.

A minority share issue would give us the cash upfront without having to take out a loan.

Ignoring the financials, we seem to be in a great position to sign him. I do think getting Ox, Keita and Milner off the wage books should free up funds also. Would expect to see Morton promoted to fill the Milner gap and Bellingham in for Naby/Ox. Given how little time they are on the pitch it's a plus for the squad not a minus.

If we only signed two players in the summer/winter and Bellingham was one I won't complain

I thought he was 26 for some reason, so at 29 and £50m (which is the asking price, its a no).

If I had to sell anyone to make room for the Georgian, it would have to be Jota. Gets too injured for me.
Let's say we get Bellingham for £120m and plus £40m if he hits other milestones, you honestly think FSG would spend any more?

Like @Beamrider has explained - to make sone signings we have to clear sone money off the books in wages, increase our in-going revenue streams and add a not insignificant amount to the pot via transfers out.

That could be aided by funds from a share issue - I mean that’s a major way businesses get funding for new projects - you either sell shares for investment, sell existing assets or take out a loan (over simplified I’m sure) - we just need to be mindful of how much we increase our on-going costs Vs ongoing income.

Like @Beamrider has explained - to make sone signings we have to clear sone money off the books in wages, increase our in-going revenue streams and add a not insignificant amount to the pot via transfers out.

That could be aided by funds from a share issue - I mean that’s a major way businesses get funding for new projects - you either sell shares for investment, sell existing assets or take out a loan (over simplified I’m sure) - we just need to be mindful of how much we increase our on-going costs Vs ongoing income.
FSG have increased turnover year on year bar the pandemic period. They're predicting that with the increased revenue and being able to host events, they will make £140m from the stadium.
The club is fantastic financial health but right now we need 2 experienced players in MF, and if we are going to spend £150m on Bellingham we won't have cash for anyone else.

FSG have increased turnover year on year bar the pandemic period. They're predicting that with the increased revenue and being able to host events, they will make £140m from the stadium.
The club is fantastic financial health but right now we need 2 experienced players in MF, and if we are going to spend £150m on Bellingham we won't have cash for anyone else.

Hence why they’re looking for additional investment.

This notion that FSG would dip into their own pockets was always a fantasy - and they don’t fancy underwriting loans for transfers - and who can blame them in the current economic climate.

So they either sell to someone less risk-averse or with deep pockets, or they plough the proceeds of a share issue back into the business.

In any case - Bellingham is a summer thing - there’s enough in the bank if they want to have a crack at signing a midfielder in Jan.

Hence why they’re looking for additional investment.

This notion that FSG would dip into their own pockets was always a fantasy - and they don’t fancy underwriting loans for transfers - and who can blame them in the current economic climate.

So they either sell to someone less risk-averse or with deep pockets, or they plough the proceeds of a share issue back into the business.

In any case - Bellingham is a summer thing - there’s enough in the bank if they want to have a crack at signing a midfielder in Jan.
Is there enough in the bank?
If they sell the club, then I can see major investment in players. If they are only looking for minority investment then we will see net spend go from £30m to £40m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom