• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Are we spending 150m on Bellingham?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a fighter and pretty good with the ball at his feet. Not sure he's at our level (better than Ox and Naby but maybe won't take us forward).

Polish Pete from Napoli is being spoke about again. His clause is £51m (how true that is, I don't know). 6g 7A in 21 games in the CL and Seria A

Echo seems to think we may be looking to bring in Sofyan Amrabat, presumably just paper nonsense given he’s doing ok in the WC.
He is a bit older than our normal purchase age and would cost a packet

Echo seems to think we may be looking to bring in Sofyan Amrabat, presumably just paper nonsense given he’s doing ok in the WC.

I think that roughly translates as “Amrabat’s agent is using us to secure a move / new contract for his client”.

“Oh look - Liverpool are in for him and everyone knows they need a midfielder - sign him quick and give him all the monies before they do!!!!”

Last edited:

Let’s not get our knickers in a twist - all Jude needs to say is “I’ll only sign for Liverpool - let’s make a deal happen that’s realistic and works for everyone - or I’ll run my contract down”.

I thought Jude and Hendo were going to start snogging on the pitch after the first England goal!!!!

Would have made more of an impact than a rainbow armband on Smart Harry.

Is a good team better served by adding a couple more good players or a great one? I honestly don't know, Kudus looks mustard as well.

Jude looks the real deal.

I can't see him coming though, City or Madrid if I had to wager.

If we had £170m or £150m, I'd rather spend it on the Georgian, kamada, Tielemans and a RB.

Jude is class but not worth £150m plus.

Temuri Ketsbaia? I like the out of the box thinking but he must be over 50 years old and would not be able to handle gegenpressing. Would prefer him to Keita and Ox though.

If we had £170m or £150m, I'd rather spend it on the Georgian, kamada, Tielemans and a RB.

Jude is class but not worth £150m plus.

Im just kidding. He’s a top player. Is he worth £150mill? Depends on the rest of the market to a large degree.

Temuri Ketsbaia? I like the out of the box thinking but he must be over 50 years old and would not be able to handle gegenpressing. Would prefer him to Keita and Ox though.
You guys know I'm talking about the 22 year old who plays for Napoli.
The DM is repeating he has a £65m clause in his contract, and polish Pete £50m. So here it is, let's say the Georgian goes for £100m and polish Pete for £50m, would you blow it all on Jude, or get those two from Napoli?

You guys know I'm talking about the 22 year old who plays for Napoli.
The DM is repeating he has a £65m clause in his contract, and polish Pete £50m. So here it is, let's say the Georgian goes for £100m and polish Pete for £50m, would you blow it all on Jude, or get those two from Napoli?

“Polish Pete” will be 29 at the end of the season - so no, I wouldn’t pay £50m for a 29 yo unless he’s genuinely fucking top drawer.

So… no - £20m max for Polish Pete.

The Georgian plays in a position we don’t need to spend on - as good as he is, unless we’re on a supermarket sweep trolley dash for players - we need to invest elsewhere.

Sure - sell Diaz to fund the Georgian - but it’d be fucking stooopid.

JJ is right - we don’t set the price - team’s willingness to pay does. However, here’s the thing - and @Hansern knows where I’m going with this - you always quote an extreme price in a negotiation, whether it’s selling or buying because that’s how negotiations generally work for a one off sale - that doesn’t mean that’ll be the actual cost.

You also have to factor in - even if it is £120m, that’s likely to be the total package - I have no fucking problem paying Dortmund £80m upfront and an extra £10m every time we win the Lesgue or Champions League with Jude or for every time he wins the Balon d’or, etc it every time he plays 75 league games or 30 CL league games.

You shouldn’t give a fuck either - it’s not your money and it’s up to our guys to work out a deal that gives Dortmund what they want - use Morton, Jones, Harvey, Carvalho, Badger-Tits or whoever on a swap with a fixed buy back - send Dortmund a container full of signed Klopp pictures & promises of pre-season friendlies with 100% of the gate - who gives a fuck.

Also - he’s not a passive participant in this process - he can direct it.

The guy’s a fucking monster - sign him!!!

… and sign his younger brother up now as well.

We've missed the boat. We won't be able to afford him now

I reckon that bollocks - we can afford him if we want to - but it’ll require some sacrifices and decisions that aren’t going to sit will with everyone.

Bellingham’s salary isn’t an issue - we have 4 players on approx. £150k a week out of contract at the end of the season. There’s enough in the wages budget to pay him - and he can aspire to Salah’s salary by the time he’s 24 - if he’s as food as he looks.

A £150m transfer fee spread over 5 seasons is £30m a season - that could be covered by selling naming rights on Anfield - City get £20m a season for the Emptyiad.

Fuck Naby off & play at the Amazon Anfield Arena for the next 5 years - that’s how we afford him without any change to the accounts.

A minority share issue would give us the cash upfront without having to take out a loan.

Ignoring the financials, we seem to be in a great position to sign him. I do think getting Ox, Keita and Milner off the wage books should free up funds also. Would expect to see Morton promoted to fill the Milner gap and Bellingham in for Naby/Ox. Given how little time they are on the pitch it's a plus for the squad not a minus.

If we only signed two players in the summer/winter and Bellingham was one I won't complain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom