• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Adam Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey, that came from no where, I'm a little uneasy with this £25million fee. Southampton could have an influx of £54million in one day!

Ben Smith@BenSmithBBC 2m
Adam Lallana's proposed £25m move to #LFC could be completed as early as today. Clubs in advanced talks

He'd play in a few roles, but he's definitely a lot better than allen. I can see allen spending a lot of time on the bench next season if we get lallana. Actually i can see allen a lot of time on the bench even if we don't.

No Glen, you should have absolutely no concerns about £15m Joe Allen, despite him being more or less the epitome of mediocrity for the last two seasons, if that mantle weren't already occupied by Lucas.

No Glen, you should have absolutely no concerns about £15m Joe Allen, despite him being more or less the epitome of mediocrity for the last two seasons, if that mantle weren't already occupied by Lucas.

Tssssk. You just don't get it!

Why have a go at two different Liverpool players in the Lallana thread?

well i have my reservations about this deal and i would even if the price was only 10m . he's not really impressed me in the few games i've seen but hopefully those who have seen him more than me and rate him are right .
My biggest concern is if he can handle the pressure of the price tag and playing for liverpool . this is all new to him and he doesn't have as much age on his side as say henderson did .

That's "Pssst".

This is "Tssssk". There's a difference.

I was assuming Mark was having a go at Ryan. I was stirring.

There is gonna be loads of Eredivisie players at Southampton with this cash. They can probably buy all of Feyenoord for starters with the money they will have.

Christ on a bike.

There you go

Christ+on+a+Bike+The+Second+Coming+DVD+record+COAB_Press_shot_large.jpg

Yay some good news. I like Lallana. In other good news it's raining which is my favourite weather. Also head over to the Movie forum and have a crack at my movie trivia challenge - Fortune and glory await for the winner. :ninja:

I really hope Rodgers and co know what they're doing. Feels like we could've done better elsewhere for that money so need Lallana to hit the ground running and prove he's worth the money.

I really hope Rodgers and co know what they're doing. Feels like we could've done better elsewhere for that money so need Lallana to hit the ground running and prove he's worth the money.

Oh it's gonna take some effort from him to pay back that fee. I mean Suarez was bought for around £24 million. Let's see what Lallana does.

Bloody hell. I reserve judgement until I see him play enough games to see how he fits into our system....but £25 million......

Ben Smith@BenSmithBBC 2m
Adam Lallana's proposed £25m move to #LFC could be completed as early as today. Clubs in advanced talks

It may or may not be £25M but you can be sure that if it is then that's with all the bonuses rolled in, maybe something along the lines of :

i) Cash installments over 3 years ; 1 x £10M + 2 x £5M
ii) Completes 50 games for LFC : £1M
iii) Completes 5 cup games for LFC in a season in which LFC make the CL semis or make the final of the FAC : £1M
iv) Completes 20 games for England : £1M
v) Completes 100 games for LFC : £1/2M
vi) Completes 20 games for LFC for each of the next 5 seasons in which they qualify for the CL : £250,000 per season to a max of £1M
v) Completes 200 games for LFC : £1/2M

Daniel up top on his own with sterling behind like 1st half of Italy game. Lallana Hendo and coutinho behind. Then Allen or Stevie. ????

He does, it's too much but lets see who else comes in.

you really trust him ? i've had a list of things i wanted rodgers to improve on over the last two seasons and in fairness he has addressed many of these but signings is something still high on it . For me it's still only Sturridge and coutinho who have been truly successful although there is obviously still time for some of the others.

This is a big window , we can offer champ league football and we seem to have a semi decent budget so he has to get it right . Get it wrong and maybe it could be like when houllier and rafa messed their chances up .

you really trust him ? i've had a list of things i wanted rodgers to improve on over the last two seasons and in fairness he has addressed many of these but signings is something still high on it . For me it's still only Sturridge and coutinho who have been truly successful although there is obviously still time for some of the others.

This is a big window , we can offer champ league football and we seem to have a semi decent budget so he has to get it right . Get it wrong and maybe it could be like when houllier and rafa messed their chances up .

I don't mate, I never said I do trust him, his transfer dealings have been hit and miss, when you factor in those he's missed out on, even more so. He's not the only manager who's been hit and miss in the transfer market, they all generally are but he's moulded a squad into a good unit, so he gets some trust from that. But you're right, it's gilt edged.

We'll judge the management team based on the transfer window on the whole. In terms of Lallana, I don't think it really matters who else comes in. He has to be judged on his own merits.

Allen had a lot of people backing him and besides looking silky on the ball and a handful of good performances, we haven't had a whole lot to show for that transfer. At least he had youth on his side though.

Lallana is 26 now and we're paying 25M now. If we're hanging about for 12-18 months for him to show his worth, that's too long. I'm sure I'll be thought of as stupid or a bad fan for saying that, but for me it's just the reality of the situation. Given the circumstances, he needs to come in and perform. No excuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom