• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Weekend's other fixtures 28-30th September

Semenyo is coming on leaps and bounds.

Very good play by him for Bournemouth's 2nd just then. Cuts inside 1, cuts inside 2. Lays it off to Cook edge of the box whose deflected effort trickles in the corner.

Southampton could well break the record for the quickest side relegation from the Prem.

The Athletic are saying VAR should have overturned the Fernandes red card.

Must be written by a utd fan boy.. or am I alone in thinking the red was justified?

Looking at the player, deliberately tried to stop him.

Yes, he slipped but by the letter of the law.. he was out of control.

Therefore a red card.

Zero love for Maddison. But he did what Mac Allister would have done.

He did slip, but then he also lifted his foot to put a tackle in, red was a bit harsh but only slightly.

The Athletic are saying VAR should have overturned the Fernandes red card.

Must be written by a utd fan boy.. or am I alone in thinking the red was justified?

Looking at the player, deliberately tried to stop him.

Yes, he slipped but by the letter of the law.. he was out of control.

Therefore a red card.

Zero love for Maddison. But he did what Mac Allister would have done.
The PGMOL have proper fucked it up “raising the bar” for VAR involvement. We just want the correct decision to be made. The Palace non-pen against Everton was as shocking decision which could’ve put Palace 2-0 up. With the red it comes under, I can see why the ref made that decision and like Bradders says, he lifted his foot too which puts it in the bad tackle category, I can see why it was given. But they don’t do it for every tackle.

I thought it was a bit soft and looked worse then it actually was, but as soon as the ref gave the red card I thought it wont get overturned.

I thought the Martinez one was more a red card in all honesty. Just lucky he doesnt break a leg.

So the red card for Fernandes got rescinded, meaning it was another VAR fuck up which was pretty obvious on the day.
99% of everyone who saw that challenge said that it wasn't a red, I mean it was on Macca territory, you know the one against Bournemouth last season, or was it Brentford, I dunno. Again the VAR ref had a chance to take a look at it and didn't have the bollox or knowledge to overturn the decision. As if he didn't want to embarrass the ref on the pitch.

How did the PGMOL manage to find the outlier, like how did they find the 1%, the complete fool who thinks that's a red card?!

This is straight up incompetence.

So the red card for Fernandes got rescinded, meaning it was another VAR fuck up which was pretty obvious on the day.
99% of everyone who saw that challenge said that it wasn't a red, I mean it was on Macca territory, you know the one against Bournemouth last season, or was it Brentford, I dunno. Again the VAR ref had a chance to take a look at it and didn't have the bollox or knowledge to overturn the decision. As if he didn't want to embarrass the ref on the pitch.

How did the PGMOL manage to find the outlier, like how did they find the 1%, the complete fool who thinks that's a red card?!

I wouldn’t blame VAR on this one, it’s the directive from PGMOL. They are basically only doing offsides now and sticking to the ref’s decision for everything else.

I wouldn’t blame VAR on this one, it’s the directive from PGMOL. They are basically only doing offsides now and sticking to the ref’s decision for everything else.
So why did VAR even have a look at it?
Doesn't make sense

Pep Lijnders and Salzburg getting tonked by Brest at home.
I've heard that fans are complaining. Pep is playing a style that doesn't suit the squad they have. I actually saw them play, their defence is shite.

Yeah it's not 1%. There are quite a few commentators who said it wasn't but conversely also a few saying it was (inc. the Manc Goldbridge during his commentary after seeing the rewinds) because his foot was already high, and studs up, before he slipped, which made it worse of course as he lost control but it wasn't as if was not going to be a foul anyway. And he did launch himself at the player - and was out of control. I think PGMOL are wrong to rescind it. There would have been the same hullaballoo if only a Yellow was given.

Yeah it's not 1%. There are quite a few commentators who said it wasn't but conversely also a few saying it was (inc. the Manc Goldbridge during his commentary after seeing the rewinds) because his foot was already high, and studs up, before he slipped, which made it worse of course as he lost control but it wasn't as if was not going to be a foul anyway. And he did launch himself at the player - and was out of control. I think PGMOL are wrong to rescind it. There would have been the same hullaballoo if only a Yellow was given.
In that case Macca's red card should have stood as well imo. Could have been dangerous

As above. I thought it was a red. So I'm in the 1% I guess. Ha!

View: https://x.com/CBSSportsGolazo/status/1841581553245360630

Duran is giving me Origi vibes.

Overall, mad respect to Villa and the job Emery is doing over there. They are playing with character and organization, the players are expressing themselves and they have lots of talent in key positions. If I wasn’t a Liverpool fan, I would probably fall in love with this Villa team right now.

View: https://x.com/CBSSportsGolazo/status/1841581553245360630

Duran is giving me Origi vibes.

Overall, mad respect to Villa and the job Emery is doing over there. They are playing with character and organization, the players are expressing themselves and they have lots of talent in key positions. If I wasn’t a Liverpool fan, I would probably fall in love with this Villa team right now.

Unai was my pick to replace Klopp, and whilst I'm really liking Slot's work so far it is clear Emery is an elite manager, and has a special touch in Europe.

Back
Top Bottom