• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Voronin

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a recent interview, when he confirmed that another striker coming to the club would be behind our first choice strike partnership, Nando and Stevie.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=34768.msg907936#msg907936 date=1247920697]
In a recent interview, when he confirmed that another striker coming to the club would be behind our first choice strike partnership, Nando and Stevie.
[/quote]

can you really imagine gerrard playing as a lone striker with someone else behind him?

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=34768.msg907938#msg907938 date=1247920835]
[/quote]

can you really imagine gerrard playing as a lone striker with someone else behind him?
[/quote]

Might even work you know

It doesn't make any difference whether you call Gerrards position a 'striker' or AM.

Though he'll probably always be regarded as an attacking midfielder, simply because he's been played in midfield all his life - Benitez's comments don't really change that.

As for strikers rankings:

1) Torres
2) Kuyt
3) Voronin/N'Gog.
4) Kids

[quote author=Fabio Alrighty-o link=topic=34768.msg907941#msg907941 date=1247920973]
[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=34768.msg907938#msg907938 date=1247920835]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Might even work you know
[/quote]

he's amazing, but I don' think he could play an out and out striker role.

[quote author=red_maradona link=topic=34768.msg907943#msg907943 date=1247921099]
[quote author=Fabio Alrighty-o link=topic=34768.msg907941#msg907941 date=1247920973]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Might even work you know
[/quote]

he's amazing, but I don' think he could play an out and out striker role.
[/quote]

He's quick, strong and good in the air, and can shoot with either foot. I wouldn't want to see him stuck up there if it could be avoided, but he'd do a FAR better job than Voronin in that role.

I've said it before.

If Torres got injured, I don't see why Gerrard upfront with Yossi in behind shouldn't be experimented with.

If Stevie couldnt do a fucking good job as a lone striker I'd eat my hat.

He'd not be amazing, but he'd give defenders a torrid time. Pace, strength, an almost unparalleled reading for the game & the ability to come into midfield & make his own chances. His striking ability is very good, but that's where he'd fall down against an out & out striker.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34768.msg907981#msg907981 date=1247930554]
If Stevie couldnt do a fucking good job as a lone striker I'd eat my hat.

He'd not be amazing, but he'd give defenders a torrid time. Pace, strength, an almost unparalleled reading for the game & the ability to come into midfield & make his own chances. His striking ability is very good, but that's where he'd fall down against an out & out striker.
[/quote]

it woudn't surprise me if he did a great job for the odd game, but if torres is out for 5-6 games i am not sure if stevie could do a job that long and plus we would lose his talent in the hole and midfield.

I'm not advocating it by any means, you're wasting his main abilities in that position, but he could do a job there, of that I have no doubt.

I'm saving my opinion of Voronin til he starts playing. Here's hoping his good spell last season has given him confidence, possibly upping his game.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34768.msg907858#msg907858 date=1247913868]
Voronin is far better than most on here think. He's a very "intelligent player" with a decent enough scoring record to be playing for a premiership club. His lack of pace means he's not an option to play in Torres position but he's certainly good enough to play in behind him against some opposition. He's invariably done ok when called to do so and often looks pretty classy against lesser opposition.

Of course, I'd prefer some young starlet to be pushing Torres, but have no problem with Voronin being part of our wider squad of players. A year or so ago most on here were bemoaning Benayoun as not good enough and as a waste of space in the squad and he's since proved his worth to us as a real squad asset. We need squad players with experience for a long season and simply can't expect them to be of a similar calibre to our superstar first-teamers.

Voronin is happy to sit on the bench and contribute when needed. Better players (unless very young and unproven) are very rarely prepared to do so.
[/quote]

No he isn't.

He is what he is, a decent striker used to playing in inferior leagues and scoring a modest amount of goals.

We're trying to win the League these days, not finish in 4th place.

Hull aperantly want him on loan with an option to buy.

Thank you! Please take him of our hands!

Hull are paying 5M for Bobby Zamora too.

That's gotta be the worst way of spending 5M ever right there.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34768.msg907836#msg907836 date=1247911861]
i'd rather continue to develop n'gog and bring one of the kids through than give this fat pony tailed waste of space any more pitch time.

we couldn't give him away so no idea why anyone is deluding themselves about him being good enough
[/quote]

He's hardly had a chance at Liverpool Rage, that's harsh.

i'd rather continue to develop n'gog and bring one of the kids through than give this fat pony tailed waste of space any more pitch time.

we couldn't give him away so no idea why anyone is deluding themselves about him being good enough
[/quote]

I'm not sure whether Voronin or N'Gog are good enough for us, but I agree, I'd much rather give N'Gog a run and see if he progresses into anything. Whereas we know Voronin wont.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34768.msg908760#msg908760 date=1248070613]

[/quote]

He's hardly had a chance at Liverpool Rage, that's harsh.
[/quote]

He's had a few chances here and there, which is about what he deserves. Similarly - Nunez, Zenden, Pellegrino, Kromkamp, etc etc

Rafa obviously thinks he's not good enough, hence why he bombed him the fuck out after one mediocre season. If we get a taker for him, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rafa let him go quickstyle.

Robbie Keane - 28 games, 7 goals.

Andrei Voronin - 27 games, 6 goals.

One is fucking rubbish and the other never got a chance according to a good section of LFC fans.

It's hard to figure out which ones which.

Andrei had 5 goals in 13 starts, and thats not to shabby. But he isn't good enough, mainly because he isn't pacey enough to play upfront on his own. And our back up striker should at least have that quality, if he has to step in for Torres.

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=34768.msg908774#msg908774 date=1248072348]
Andrei had 5 goals in 13 starts, and thats not to shabby. But he isn't good enough, mainly because he isn't pacey enough to play upfront on his own. And our back up striker should at least have that quality, if he has to step in for Torres.
[/quote]

I don't disagree

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=34768.msg908769#msg908769 date=1248071912]
Robbie Keane - 28 games, 7 goals.

Andrei Voronin - 27 games, 6 goals.

One is fucking rubbish and the other never got a chance according to a good section of LFC fans.

It's hard to figure out which ones which.
[/quote]

One is the greatest goalscorer in his country's history, has commanded 70M in transfer fees, and has scored over 100 goals in the Premier League. The other is Andrei Voronin.

It's not really that hard to figure out which one's which.

I'd rather he stayed to be honest, our squad is threadbare as it is.
if 'the crow' simply got a hair cut I think a lot of people would give him more slack. seriously.

Dortmund are interested in Voronin aswell. They sold Frei yesterday and need a replacement.

Fingers crossed.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34768.msg908906#msg908906 date=1248089206]
let's loan voronin out and replace him with...

no one...
[/quote]

Worked with Keane so why not!

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34768.msg908893#msg908893 date=1248087707]
I'd rather he stayed to be honest, our squad is threadbare as it is.
if 'the crow' simply got a hair cut I think a lot of people would give him more slack. seriously.
[/quote]

what is he the anti-samson. Be realistic spidey!!!

Voronin should be loaned to hull, that way he gets some premiership action that will prove once and for all he is not up to scratch, and if he is then so be it, we have someone with prem experience on our hands. Possible win win scenario.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34768.msg908719#msg908719 date=1248052786]
[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34768.msg907858#msg907858 date=1247913868]
Voronin is far better than most on here think. He's a very "intelligent player" with a decent enough scoring record to be playing for a premiership club. His lack of pace means he's not an option to play in Torres position but he's certainly good enough to play in behind him against some opposition. He's invariably done ok when called to do so and often looks pretty classy against lesser opposition.

Of course, I'd prefer some young starlet to be pushing Torres, but have no problem with Voronin being part of our wider squad of players. A year or so ago most on here were bemoaning Benayoun as not good enough and as a waste of space in the squad and he's since proved his worth to us as a real squad asset. We need squad players with experience for a long season and simply can't expect them to be of a similar calibre to our superstar first-teamers.

Voronin is happy to sit on the bench and contribute when needed. Better players (unless very young and unproven) are very rarely prepared to do so.
[/quote]

No he isn't.

He is what he is, a decent striker used to playing in inferior leagues and scoring a modest amount of goals.

We're trying to win the League these days, not finish in 4th place.
[/quote]

Thing is Ryan, i'm not advocating starting him, just keeping him on as a rather inexpensive 3rd choice cover option for the attacking positions.

It's hardly tantamount to settling for 4th place. If he'd not been on loan last season I don't think it'd prevented us finishing a strong 2nd, eh?

Hull City boss Phil Brown has admitted he could be interested in Liverpool striker Andriy Voronin, but has not made any approach.

Voronin has returned to Anfield after being farmed out by Rafa Benitez for what proved to be a successful season-long loan spell with Hertha Berlin.

The Ukraine international was unable to secure a permanent move to the Bundesliga club and has now pledged to fight for a first-team spot on Merseyside.

Brown is in the market for striking reinforcements but has already seen moves for Michael Owen, Fraizer Campbell, Marc-Antoine Fortune and Daryl Murphy come to nothing.

The Tigers boss is due to hold talks with Fulham forward Bobby Zamora after the two clubs agreed a £5million fee in the middle of last week.

And while Brown moved to play down reports of an impending bid for Voronin, he did not rule out an eventual approach for the former Bayer Leverkusen man.

"We have not made any contact with Liverpool with regards to Andriy Voronin," the Tigers boss said.

However, when asked if Voronin was a player that could interest him, he added: "Of course he would."

Yay!! Come on Hull!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom