• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Valencia Confirm Villa Bid

Status
Not open for further replies.

barrymac20

Very Active
Valencia have confirmed that they have received a bid for star striker David Villa that originates from outside of Spain, with speculation that Chelsea are the club that have made the offer.

The cash-strapped Primera Liga outfit are understood to be ready to make a profit on the 27-year-old, who has also been linked with Liverpool, Manchester United and Manchester City in the past.

Real Madrid, however, are thought to be in the driving seat to secure the Spain international, with the forward said to be keen to stay in his homeland.

But Valencia president Manuel Llorente has revealed a European offer for Villa has been received, although he has not confirmed whether it was from Chelsea.

He told regional newspaper Las Provincias: "Yes, we have an offer for Villa but not from Spain."

Chelsea's Spanish scout, Juan Cruz Sol, met with Valencia president Manuel Llorente to discuss Villa on Thursday.

Galacticos
But Cruz Sol is resigned to the fact that Villa is set to join the 'Galacticos' revolution at Real Madrid, who recently signed Kaka before having a world-record offer accepted for Manchester United's Cristiano Ronaldo.

Valencia-based newspaper Levante quote Cruz Sol as saying after the meeting: "Chelsea made an important offer for him (Villa).

"But the answer (from Valencia) was 'no' because negotiations with Real Madrid are very advanced.

"Hence, there's no possibility that Villa will go to Chelsea because he wants to go to Real Madrid.

"The purpose of the meeting was to have some contact and know with certainty what Villa's situation is.

"Now we have clear ideas and we know that to expect."

On whether he had spoken to new Real president Florentino Perez regarding Villa, Llorente said: "We had another conversation on Tuesday and we have started talking about the matter."

I'd be happy if we spunked the entire summer budget on him, but it's not to be 🙁
Hope he goes to Madrid.

Kaka, Ronaldo and Villa

What will happen to the likes of Sneijder, VDV, Higain, Huntelaar, etc?

Id take Sneijder, he would be a very good option as an attacking midfielder and can play on the left as well.

I fucking hate reading about Valencia being cash strapped.

This is what, the 10th summer of hearing the same fucking cack.

5 years ago it was Vicente, Ayala, Baraja and Aimar who all needed to be offloaded to pay their debts.

It's not true. They don't need the cash.

Lying cunts.

[quote author=Anita link=topic=34111.msg886427#msg886427 date=1244732720]
Will be City or Chelsea.
[/quote]

Might just as well be Man Utd now?

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34111.msg886432#msg886432 date=1244733355]
Higuain and Sneijder (if attitude issues are wide of the mark) please.
[/quote]

Higuain is one of the few players who are definitely staying there.

[quote author=Mors link=topic=34111.msg886429#msg886429 date=1244733051]
I'd be happy if we spunked the entire summer budget on him, but it's not to be 🙁
Hope he goes to Madrid.
[/quote]

yup.

Ha, don't need to sell. The Valencia Bank control their assets, as they're 500 mill in debt. Yes, they need the cash.
He'll never go to City, and he won't join Chelsea.
Villa will sign for Real.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34111.msg886432#msg886432 date=1244733355]
Higuain and Sneijder (if attitude issues are wide of the mark) please.
[/quote]

you have to wonder if Higuain is ever going to get a game with Ronaldo, Kaka, Villa, Raul, Hunterlaar etc. I wonder if he'll want to leave. good player who is progressing rapidly.

[quote author=David Byrne link=topic=34111.msg887399#msg887399 date=1244896780]
Higuain has never impressed me. Just another overhyped 'name'.
[/quote]

he's like 21 I think and done very well there. I remember last year he came off the bench and won them the title and also scored 4 goals in one game I think? anyway, he's a good player, too good to rot on the bench while Ronaldo and Kaka fanny around.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=34111.msg887402#msg887402 date=1244896943]
[/quote]

he's like 21 I think and done very well there. I remember last year he came off the bench and won them the title and also scored 4 goals in one game I think? anyway, he's a good player, too good to rot on the bench while Ronaldo and Kaka fanny around.

[/quote]
he's a good cf, he could still play wth ronaldo and kaka behin him

Villa going to Real for 40m euro - in Marca...

La próxima semana se anunciará el fichaje de Villa por el Real Madrid
· El encargado del Chelsea en España aseguró: "Me han dicho que lo de Villa y el Madrid está casi hecho" · El club inglés se retira de la puja, aunque reconoce haber hecho una oferta por el delantero
DIEGO PICÓ. VALENCIA 11/06/09 - 14:06.

"Villa quiere jugar en el Madrid y yo lo entiendo". Las palabras de Juan Cruz Sol, hombre fuerte del Chelsea en España, al abandonar la sede social del Valencia, eran transparentes. Demasiado transparentes. El ex jugador del Valencia y del Real Madrid quiso sentarse con Javier Gómez para conocer si el club londinense aún tenía alguna opción de fichar a Villa, pero las palabras del Valencia le quitaron esa ilusión.
Ahora, hasta Abramovich sabe que Villa jugará en el Real Madrid y el sueño de Ancelotti de hacerse con el asturiano se trunca. "Queríamos tener una toma de contacto y saber con certeza que ocurre con Villa. Ahora tenemos las ideas claras y ya sabemos a qué atenernos".
Y tanto que lo saben. Javier Gómez le comunicó a Sol que todo está en marcha para que Villa sea vendido a Florentino. "El jugador quiere irse al Madrid y eso es normal. ¿Qué puja vamos a hacer si ya está todo casi cerrado con el Real Madrid?".
Sol reconoció que el Chelsea había presentado una oferta muy importante por el futbolista. Aunque más tarde, en un comunicado oficial, el club de Londres quiso especificar que la oferta no era oficial. "Hicimos una oferta y no tenemos respuesta. Era importante. Nos han dicho que todo está muy avanzado con el real Madrid, así que ya no tenemos nada que hacer".
Como avanzó MARCA el pasado martes, Villa ya está atado por el Madrid y sólo falta acordar con el Valencia el desembolso total de la operación y los jugadores que entrarán en el más que posible trueque. En breve habrá una reunión cara a cara entre Florentino y Manuel Llorente para cerrar el acuerdo de forma definitiva y total. Mientras el acuerdo se hace oficial, Villa sigue concentrado con la selección española en Sudáfrica. El sábado tiene la oportunidad de adelantar a Fernando Hierro como goleador con La Roja.

Or if you prefer the english version...

1130 BST: Valencia striker David Villa to sign for Real Madrid in a deal worth 40m euros.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34111.msg887433#msg887433 date=1244903453]
Villa going to Real for 40m euro - in Marca...

Or if you prefer the english version...

1130 BST: Valencia striker David Villa to sign for Real Madrid in a deal worth 40m euros.

[/quote]

The next week will announce the signing of the Villa Real Madrid
Chelsea manager in Spain said: "I have been told that Villa Madrid and is almost done" The English club withdrew from the bidding, but acknowledges having made an offer for the striker
PICO DIEGO. VALENCIA 11/06/09 - 14:06.

"Villa wants to play in Madrid and I understand it." The words of Juan Cruz Sol, Chelsea's strong man in Spain, leaving the headquarters of the Valencia, were transparent. Too transparent. The former player of Valencia and Real Madrid wanted to sit down with Javier Gomez to know if the London club still had a choice of chips to Villa, but Valencia's words removed that illusion.
Now, who knows Villa Abramovich to play at Real Madrid and dream of Ancelotti to take over the Spaniard is truncated. "We wanted to have a touchdown and know for sure is the case with Villa. Now we have clear ideas and we know where we stand."
And they know. Javier Gomez told Sol that everything is going to be sold to Villa Florentino. "The player wants to go to Madrid and that is normal. What to do if we bid, and almost everything is closed with Real Madrid."
S** acknowledged that Chelsea had made an offer very important for football. Although later, in an official statement, the London club wanted to specify that the offer was not official. "We made an offer and we have no answer. It was important. We are told that all is well advanced, with Real Madrid, so we do not have anything to do."
MARK progressed as last Tuesday, House and is bound by the Madrid and only need to agree with Valencia the total of the transaction and the players that will come in more than possible barter. Soon there will be face to face meeting between Florentino and Manuel Llorente to close the agreement on a final and total. While the agreement is made official, Villa continues to concentrate with the Spanish team in South Africa. Saturday has a chance to overtake Fernando Hierro as a scorer with the Red.

gotta love google translator

How good is it going to be knocking these cunts out of Europe again next year.
We will you know.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34111.msg887451#msg887451 date=1244905854]
How good is it going to be knocking these cunts out of Europe again next year.
We will you know.
[/quote]

the final is in the Bernabeu, would be good to beat them in it again

[/quote]

I thought he was rubbish when he first moved to Real - slow, rubbish finisher and didn't really seem to have much about him. He has progressed a lot since then, as Rebel has said, and become one of Reals better players. He isn't really what you'd call a "name" either.

I'd have him.

I agree with you Kenny re: Higuain. He's developed into a very good player and was one of their best players, and at times the only one to deliver. Not sure they'll let him go though as they will need cover/partner for Villa, and Higualin can certainly be that one.

There's no way they'll let Higuain go, he will probably play as one of the interchanging three behind the striker (Villa) with Ronaldo and Kaka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom