• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Torres: Spanish clubs don't value our players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Torres: Spanish clubs don't value our players

BLOMFONTEIN, South Africa (AP) -- Spain striker Fernando Torres took a shot at the country's domestic clubs on Monday, accusing them of failing to appreciate the players who have made Spain the world's best team.

"In Spain, we don't value the players we have," Torres said, a day after leading Spain to a 5-0 win over New Zealand in Group A of the Confederations Cup with a hat trick in the first 17 minutes.

"We're the best team in the world and they pay money out for many of our players, but it seems to me no Spanish club would do so. They would only do so for foreigners."

Real Madrid and Manchester United expect to complete the $131 million transfer of Portugal winger Cristiano Ronaldo before the end of June and a similar amount has been spent on Brazil midfielder Kaka.

Although Torres took a shot at Madrid's transfer policies, he didn't stretch that out to Ronaldo.

"Madrid killed the market with the signing of Cristiano Ronaldo but the player is worth what you pay for him," the 25-year-old striker, who is one of five Spanish internationals at English club Liverpool, said.
----------------
Isn't it a bit of a double standard for him to say that?
Anyway, I feel the same about Liverpool.

I mean the fact that he left Spain for England. He wasn't exactly forced to leave.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=34176.msg888663#msg888663 date=1245084505]
I mean the fact that he left Spain for England. He wasn't exactly forced to leave.
[/quote]

Well maybe that's what he's saying, he left for Liverpool because no big Spanish clubs were in for him.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=34176.msg888699#msg888699 date=1245087855]
[quote author=Modokay link=topic=34176.msg888663#msg888663 date=1245084505]
[/quote]

Well maybe that's what he's saying, he left for Liverpool because no big Spanish clubs were in for him.
[/quote]

Barca, you mean? There are only two big Spanish clubs, and Torres absolutely hates one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom