• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Riise's CL medal nicked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
Roma’s John Arne Riise Has Champions League Medal Stolen
Adam Scime, Goal.com

Roma full-back John Arne Riise was stunned to find that, while on international duty with Norway, his apartment in Oslo had been broken into and all his medals stolen.

Taken from his residence was his coveted Champions League winner's medal, which he earned with Liverpool in 2005 after helping the Reds defeat AC Milan in Istanbul.

"I am truly sorry," he explained to Aftenposten.

"That medal is the most important of my career, I struggled and worked all my life for it, and now it is no more. I'd rather it had been my TV."

Commenting on the matter of the stolen awards, which also include an FA Cup winner's medal, the 28-year-old hopes that whoever stole his prizes will eventually return them.

"I don't think a medal like that is easy to sell on the market. I hope they decide to return the stolen property," he concluded.

This is not the first time Riise has been a victim of theft, during his spell in England the former Monaco man had his car stolen.
----------------

I feel sorry for the cunt. Hope he gets his medal back.

[quote author=Modokay link=topic=34136.msg887124#msg887124 date=1244832538]

I feel sorry for the cunt.
[/quote]

Wow. Controversial.

[quote author=Sheik Yerbouti link=topic=34136.msg887128#msg887128 date=1244832885]

[/quote]

Wow. Controversial.
[/quote]

I just had to.

[/quote]

Bang on that m8.. sorry.. The lad was a true red in any sense of the word.. A great player in his day... and probably one of the best leftbacks to grace the prem

sorry but your a cunt for even calling him that...

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=34136.msg887154#msg887154 date=1244836970]
Wonder if it's those buggers who keep targeting LFC players, diversifying.
[/quote]

HAHAHA

[quote author=jono@home link=topic=34136.msg887136#msg887136 date=1244834076]
[/quote]

Bang on that m8.. sorry.. The lad was a true red in any sense of the word.. A great player in his day... and probably one of the best leftbacks to grace the prem

[/quote]I agree. Youd think after a year of seing what Aurelio and the blag eyetie have served up Johnny bang bang would get more love.
Bunny man mentioned the other day that sometimes the emotion and feeling of football is more important than the baubles and trinkets. And Riise encapsulates that for me.
We didnt always win with him, we didnt always play great football, but he always made me feel great. And theres a lot to be said for that.

[quote author=monsieurdantes link=topic=34136.msg887187#msg887187 date=1244843354]
i dont know what its like to watch shit harden
[/quote]Thank you Edmond. Thank you.
*warm embrace*

youre welcome. wait, didn't people accuse him of trying to sell thid medal, cos he had gambling problems or something. i remember that. its as if he just wasn't meant to have this medal.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34136.msg887174#msg887174 date=1244840511]
[/quote]

[/quote]I agree. Youd think after a year of seing what Aurelio and the blag eyetie have served up Johnny bang bang would get more love.
Bunny man mentioned the other day that sometimes the emotion and feeling of football is more important than the baubles and trinkets. And Riise encapsulates that for me.
We didnt always win with him, we didnt always play great football, but he always made me feel great. And theres a lot to be said for that.
[/quote]

yup could not agree more with that, imho..

I use to love watching him play in his Johnny rocket days boy did he not arf score some crackers.. He was one of those players, you knew it ment so much to him when he scored..

That free kick against Man Utd is fine example...

Oh no is this thread also gonna turn in to a JAR wank fest?

We've already settled it I'm a cunt for thinking that Riise is a cunt.

But I genuinely feel sorry for him now.

JAR was the best left back we've had in a very long time. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one since Beglin.

I just wish he hadn't drawn a comparison between losing a European Cup winners medal with losing his telly.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34136.msg887174#msg887174 date=1244840511]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Awww I've had enough.

This love-in of Riise has got to end. It's almost Gospel on this site that Alonso was "shit for the last 2 seasons". DID ANY OF YOU WATCH RIISE?

Great lad, loved the club, scored some fantastic goals, and was part of a super defence. Let's not get all sentimental, and claim he should still be here though cos he fucking shouldn't.

It's absolutely no coincidence that our ball retention is much much better now he's out of the side. I thought he was seriously average for his last few years with us. He fucked me right off spanking the ball from 50 yards out everytime he got it, and then proceeding to float the ball up to Torres head under absolutely zero pressure, cos he wasn't techinically good enough to hold onto the ball and keep it.

It's this typically English thing to love players who play with their heart. It almost always hides their deficiencies, especially in Riise's case. Aurelio's a much better footballer.

There you go.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34136.msg887302#msg887302 date=1244890103]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Awww I've had enough.

This love-in of Riise has got to end. It's almost Gospel on this site that Alonso was "shit for the last 2 seasons". DID ANY OF YOU WATCH RIISE?

Great lad, loved the club, scored some fantastic goals, and was part of a super defence. Let's not get all sentimental, and claim he should still be here though cos he fucking shouldn't.

It's absolutely no coincidence that our ball retention is much much better now he's out of the side. I thought he was seriously average for his last few years with us. He fucked me right off spanking the ball from 50 yards out everytime he got it, and then proceeding to float the ball up to Torres head under absolutely zero pressure, cos he wasn't techinically good enough to hold onto the ball and keep it.

It's this typically English thing to love players who play with their heart. It almost always hides their deficiencies, especially in Riise's case. Aurelio's a much better footballer.

There you go.
[/quote]

well said - JAR played his part in improving LFC, but he was not what we needed to take us to the next level.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Awww I've had enough.

There you go.
[/quote]I agree. I didnt really state anything counter to that, i even said it was more how he made me feel and not always what he did.
Im not sure who you are preaching to.

To put my previous point (JAR was our best LB since Beglin) into context, we've had some really shit fullbacks in recent years.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34136.msg887340#msg887340 date=1244892212]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Awww I've had enough.

There you go.
[/quote]I agree. I didnt really state anything counter to that, i even said it was more how he made me feel and not always what he did.
[/quote]

I just re-read your post, and you're right. Sorry mate, my post was more in reaction to that Riise thread from a week or so ago when everyone sucked his ginger knob. I thought it was completely over the top.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=34136.msg887345#msg887345 date=1244892457]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34136.msg887340#msg887340 date=1244892212]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Awww I've had enough.

There you go.
[/quote]

I just re-read your post, and you're right. Sorry mate, my post was more in reaction to that Riise thread from a week or so ago when everyone sucked his ginger knob. I thought it was completely over the top.
[/quote]
I knew I wasn't alone in thinking that you guys were going down on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom