• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Red Bull Klopp

This may get me flamed, but I couldn't give a toss.

Objections to the use of the term "soccer" are silly. It's a total non-issue, decades-old English terminology, just a shortening of the word "Association" from "Association football" and a useful way of distinguishing the game from gridiron football which, like it or not, has its own fanbase (including not a few forumites on here, me included - I wanna be in that number when the N.Orleans Saints go marchin' in).

Objections to the use of the term "soccer" are silly. It's a total non-issue, decades-old English terminology, just a shortening of the word "Association" from "Association football" and a useful way of distinguishing the game from gridiron football which, like it or not, has its own fanbase (including not a few forumites on here, me included - I wanna be in that number when the N.Orleans Saints go marchin' in).
As far as I remember Soccer was used to differentiate association football from Rugby football. As a little boy in the playground in the 70s we definately called it soccer. No idea when/how it became a bad word!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF5wPn2I0Rg

And feeling the pressure from the environment he releases this upon his agent/managers' advice. PR.

"And that's still the case." The news here: That will be the case until it is not. That's what the word "still" means.

/Y1fiOJDXA-E

ps "Soccer." He is a corporate guy. He is in that machine and he toes that line. That was written for him in some notes/reports and he is saying it. Can't even avoid saying the word "soccer." He has no agency in that regard. Very, very little and mostly comes out unintentionally and absent awareness when he's under pressure. He was such at Liverpool too.
pps So Austrian-owned/-controlled Red Bull operation insists on the use of the word "soccer." Interesting.

If by that you mean he puts the organization first, and is not a shit-stirring trouble maker who constantly pushes blame to the rest of the organization for his failures, then yes he is a corporate guy. Salah is a corporate guy, Bill Paisley was a corporate guy, Joe Fagan was a corporate guy, Firmino was a corporate and goldly guy, Alisson is a corporate guy, Kenny Dalglish was a corporate guy.

It's a team game. And, it's sewn into the fabric of this club.

BURN HIM!!!! 🔥 🔥 🔥

If by that you mean he puts the organization first, and is not a shit-stirring trouble maker who constantly pushes blame to the rest of the organization for his failures, then yes he is a corporate guy.
I agree with this too. I think that Klopp is very much such which is part of what makes him a great manager.

Objections to the use of the term "soccer" are silly.
I totally agree with this too. The only people who I think have any reason whatsoever to object to the use of that term are those who grew up using the word football (or soccer) and then are somehow pushed, directed or forced to switch and start using the word soccer (or football). Everyone should be able to use words that they are used to. And Klopp has been used to using the word football and not soccer. And now he changed that. That is the point I was making. Some people don't like to make changes like that, and others do.

In other words, if you bring an American manager (who grew up in the US and who is used to the word soccer) to manage in England, he should be able to still keep using that word if he so wishes and if it comes naturally out of him. To me it is a big surprise that Klopp so quickly changed his use of that word. I was very surprised by it. Or imagine if Guardiola or Mourinho or Conte or Gareth Southgate and/or whoever else get hired by Red Bull next. Would they also change and start using the word soccer so very quickly? Personally I would find that strange.

To post a YouTube link in 90% of your posts and get the link wrong in every single one of them is quite something.

Did we determine whether this is a real poster?
One worked... remember clicking on it to see if it was a shop or virus and it actually took me to a James Pearce (i think) Youtube video.

Honestly a shop or virus would have made more sense.

He may have agreed or discussed I'm sure with number of jobs possibly in Dec but doubt he would ever have left LFC job for some made up MFC role especially I bet there were more lucrative roles if it was related to just money and manager role alone.

Back
Top Bottom