• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Red Bull Klopp

Money makes the world go round.

What a strange move.
He was making £20m a year liverpool, not sure he is getting anything close to that. The new job allows him to be a part of football whilst not having to be at a specific location all day, every day ie he can work from home. As Global head coach it gives him a chance to travel, which is what he wanted to do

This has gone down like a lead balloon in Germany. He is known there, more than here, as a money-chaser, being on loads of adverts, some of which are very questionable, but this still seems to have taken people by surprise. Looking back, he's never held back in his admiration of the RB footballing operation so maybe it's been on the cards for a while. It will be interesting to see if it does dent the wholesale support and general feeling if/when Klopp takes up the German job.

I'm sure Pep will welcome it if he can cling on.

As a Liverpool fan, I couldn't give a damn. It might help with future negotiations

As long as he funnels us the next Haaland, Mane, Konate and Gvardiol for dirt cheap.

And cons Citeh into buying the next Keita, Daka and Mwepu, for exorbitant fees, I don't give a fook.

Good luck Jurgen!

He hasn't joined another PL team and he hasn't even gone back into management (within a year). It's not like he's gone back on his word as far as I'm concerned. And he left us in decent shape, unlike Fergie.

You can't expect the guy to retire from work forms in life, or football altogether.

He's a free man, wise enough to make his own decisions.

We don't know exactly the job description that's been pitched to him as the title is a little vague, clearly it's something he fancies as an exciting adventure otherwise I'm sure he wouldn't have taken it on.

Wish him nothing but the best.

if/when Klopp takes up the German job.
Certain-Jobs.jpg

Well, in this news report they don't mention only the German job but "certain jobs" implying that the German national job would be just one such option. Red Bull is owned by an Austrian fella and that could be an issue in Germany and an issue for Klopp that he has wedded himself to an Austrian company. Germans are such. They were probably hoping to slot Klopp within the existing hierarchy they have at places like Bayern Munich. The German job, therefore, appears to be the only one mentioned in the press release and that was done to appease the German interests, and also potentially to give Klopp cover as he shops for other jobs he might be interested in.

I personally think that there are no more that 1 or 2 clubs in the world that he would be willing to go to. None in England after Liverpool, and for a manager of his caliber that leaves only Spain. And in Spain I see him possibly going only to either Barcelona or Atletico Madrid. I don't think that Real Madrid has a culture to support a manager like Klopp. And if he were to go anywhere else I think it would be a waste for a manager of his caliber. But he does perhaps have personal ambitions of having some sort of international presence, easier kind of lifestyle that allows him to travel, etc., which is what this job provides him with.

I also personally don't think that the German national job would at all be a good option for him. He is a club coach. And national jobs are a completely different matter. His talents would in my opinion be wasted there.

Bottom line: There are exit options in his contract meaning that . he . is . shopping . for another managerial position. That's the news. As well as that he has obviously linked himself to the Red Bull operation which is Austrian-owned/-controlled and which is seeking to expand. He is now their great asset. It is clearly a very mutually beneficial relationship between them and something that can be further exploited if he were to take up a managerial club position in a place that the Red Bull operation hasn't yet successfully penetrated into. Jurgen Klopp is a world's top footballing mind. He has great connections in Germany and England. And now he has connections with the Red Bull teams/operations.

Link:
/aGZ4ts9RU88?t=58

Well surely we weren't expecting him to sit at home scratching his beard all day. This is a pretty chill job, let's him swan around with not a lot of pressure.

Our worst nightmare was that he would become the next manager of a potentially hated rival, and it looks like our wish (for now) has come true.

Thinking about it, I could see Redbull sports division merge with FSG. @Beamrider can you see it happen, and would it make financial sense?
Though I doubt Red Bull Liverpool FC would be something that would fly in the sight of most LFC fans

Red Bull clubs are Euro second and third tier level. Why would we want to be purchased? They don't have mega millions

I can't see this ending too pleasantly.

Red Bull are not going to be happy when we sign Lukeba and Sesko for 50m next summer..

This Klopp decision is honestly at odds with his "losing energy" argument, and with his desire to live life away from the game. I thought he wanted to enjoy the hundreds of millions he made with us?

I guess he might just be a workaholic. I mean he already has more money than he or his kids or grandkids would need.

I get that he gets to be around coaches, and football people, without pressure. For lots of money. But RB are not liked in Germany, no? They're seen as a Chelsea or Man City, plastic types.

I can't see this ending too pleasantly.

Red Bull are not going to be happy when we sign Lukeba and Sesko for 50m next summer..

It’s fine… they’re our feeder club(s) anyway.

This Klopp decision is honestly at odds with his "losing energy" argument, and with his desire to live life away from the game. I thought he wanted to enjoy the hundreds of millions he made with us?

I guess he might just be a workaholic.

I get that he gets to be around coaches, and football people, without pressure. For lots of money. But RB are not liked in Germany, no? They're seen as a Chelsea or Man City, plastic types.

Klopp has never really struck me as one who gives much of a fuck what other people think.

I think it’s great for him - all the things he likes about football with none of the pressures.

I guess he might just be a workaholic. I mean he already has more money than he or his kids or grandkids would need.

Without knowing the full nature of the role it's not fair to comment. Take a look at every 'Executive Producer' in the film industry. Half of them have never stepped foot on set. He might be working a few days consulting from his mansion in Majorca for all we know. It's a safe bet it's a completely different level of intensity to managing Liverpool.

Red Bull clubs are Euro second and third tier level. Why would we want to be purchased? They don't have mega millions
I later said it wouldn't surprise me if FSG and Redbull merged. Its not upto "WE" ie US. The Merger of FSG and RedBull would create a new entity with a huge market reach. It also allows Henry an exit route which would give him billions

It's not the first time Jürgen's changed his mind about taking a long rest. He cut short what had originally been intended as a longer post-Dortmund furlough to take the LFC job. Whether workaholic, footballaholic or both, Jürgen has form for this.

I wish him well in any case. What that guy did for my club deserves nothing less.

consulting from his mansion in Majorca
Yes. Replying to e-mails. Writing up weird shit. Then making club visits during which he must praise coaches and managers. Toe the company line. Give some little pieces of rose-tinted advice that don't ruffle feathers. Etc. He's probably already tired of snorkeling.

I later said it wouldn't surprise me if FSG and Redbull merged. Its not upto "WE" ie US. The Merger of FSG and RedBull would create a new entity with a huge market reach. It also allows Henry an exit route which would give him billions
I don't see a merger. Red Bull's sporting side is a combination of sensible, mainstream sport and extreme / wacky stuff. It's not a good fit with FSG - football, baseball, hockey, NASCAR. All mainstream, and none of them focused on marketing a single product.
That's not to say that we couldn't learn some lessons from their scouting and footballing operations, particularly when it comes to managing recruitment into a feeder club. But "Red Bull Liverpool"? Fuck right off. Not happening. Doesn't work culturally, even if it could be made to work legally (which is also doubtful).
And to be fair to them, FSG were always clear that they would NOT sell naming rights to Anfield. They were obviously keen to sell the rights to the Main Stand (no-one was interested at the price point they wanted) but they understood that stadium rights were off the table, they weren't going to go there because they knew the Anfield identity was sacred to the fan base. No way they'd allow the club to be branded, and that would absolutely be Red Bull's goal.

Yes. Replying to e-mails. Writing up weird shit. Then making club visits during which he must praise coaches and managers. Toe the company line. Give some little pieces of rose-tinted advice that don't ruffle feathers. Etc. He's probably already tired of snorkeling.

Sounds like my job except in Nunavut rather than Europe.

It looks like a total doss that will earn him millions while he has a laugh. Fair play.

Now just get Red Bull to buy LFC and restore the force.
You get a special like for using the work 'doss'.... Woland la. You are well 'skill'😉

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF5wPn2I0Rg

And feeling the pressure from the environment he releases this upon his agent/managers' advice. PR.

"And that's still the case." The news here: That will be the case until it is not. That's what the word "still" means.

/Y1fiOJDXA-E

ps "Soccer." He is a corporate guy. He is in that machine and he toes that line. That was written for him in some notes/reports and he is saying it. Can't even avoid saying the word "soccer." He has no agency in that regard. Very, very little and mostly comes out unintentionally and absent awareness when he's under pressure. He was such at Liverpool too.
pps So Austrian-owned/-controlled Red Bull operation insists on the use of the word "soccer." Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom