• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pepe Reina

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILD

Very Well-Known
Best in the business? Easily best in the premiership anyway. Still odd that many rival fans and critic's don't shower him with the plaudits he clearly has earned and deserves. And to think some doubted his signing at 6 million.

It is a pity he has to rival for Casillas for his country as he deserves to play consistently at international level. Can he push Casillas all the way for a World Cup starting place? Ballague made a good point of how the influence and weight of Casillas will always keep him in the starting line up for Spain but Pepe is better.

I think pepe is mightly unfortunate!!

But the sway casillas has from playing for madrid makes a difference. Is pepe better, not sure, 6 of one situation for me

They're both fantastic keepers. Casillas will get the nod in the national team though, isn't he Spain's captain as well?

[quote author=cochyn link=topic=35351.msg928609#msg928609 date=1250720306]
I think pepe is mightly unfortunate!!

But the sway casillas has from playing for madrid makes a difference. Is pepe better, not sure, 6 of one situation for me
[/quote]

To be fair Casillas has been immense for years for club and country and doesn't warrant dropping. As long as Pepe keeps the clean sheets and world cup saves for Liverpool duty i'll be happy.

[quote author=jan link=topic=35351.msg928611#msg928611 date=1250720368]
They're both fantastic keepers. Casillas will get the nod in the national team though, isn't he Spain's captain as well?
[/quote]

yes!

Pepe is awesome. Him and Torres are my favourite players.

Reina is by far the best keeper in the Prem.

Casillas
Reina
Everybody else.

I'd say most weeks they are on a par but now and again they will have a day's work which shows them for the legendary keepers they are. Reina, over the last year, is beginning to have more of those days than he used to. Reina has been the best in the prem for the last 5 years, and he will be the best for the next 5 (at least).

As much as I hate to give the blue shite credit Tim Howard is an excellent keeper as well and one of the best in the prem.

pepe reina is the best!
the saves he has been making in the last 2 games have been unbelievable!
casillas is awesome but i feel sorry for reina

[quote author=Yoshi_Benayoun link=topic=35351.msg928690#msg928690 date=1250736984]
As much as I hate to give the blue shite credit Tim Howard is an excellent keeper as well and one of the best in the prem.
[/quote]

Ne he isn't.

He was fucking atrocious last year.

Casillas had a period where he was making quite a few blunders last season. There is little chance of him losing his place in the national side though.

Pepe also seems to be a tremendously positive influence in the background, both in the international squad, and here. Seems a very friendly sort that builds team spirit.

Agreed.

He was at the heart of the Spanish national team throughout the Euro Champs.

Lots of the players said Pepe was key. I think there were vids going around of him leading the celebrations.

I predict that if Pepe stays with us for another 5 or 6 years (and hopefully a lot longer) he will be recognised as our best ever keeper which would be a huge accolade given that Ray Clemence is a true LFC legend.

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=35351.msg928790#msg928790 date=1250756271]
Pepe also seems to be a tremendously positive influence in the background, both in the international squad, and here. Seems a very friendly sort that builds team spirit.
[/quote]

He was the 2nd ace-est guy in Singapore too,after Kuyt. ;D 8)

Did I mention Voronin's a prat?

It is a crime the way Reina is under-valued by virtually all except the Liverpool support who watch him week in week out.

Fantastic positioning means he doesn't have to show his acrobatic skills too often but when he needs to they are world class. Superb distribution most days and as alert and brave as they come when needing to dash out.

He is as indispensible in this team as Torres or Gerrard. Don't think so ? Then imagine he leaves and who we could buy to replace him. Exactly.

At the end of this season he'll have 2 years left on his contract, I can see Barca sniffing around him.

Please sign him up on a new contract Rafa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom