• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pellegrini to City?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansern

Thinks he owns the place
Well, its done according to Ballbag
And will bring Isco with him

If true its a very good deal for City. Always liked Pellegrini, great manager.

Yep, I liked what he did with Villareal. How old is he now?

Isco is very highly rated too isn't he?

Isco is class. The next Spanish superstar, potentially. Pellegrini is a good manager, but almost anybody would have been better than that clown Mancini.

Pellegrini to Chelsea and Mourinho to Man City would have been a better match up for both clubs I think.
Man city would have got more short term success while Chelsea would have been stabilized as one of Europe's top teams.
Hopefully it goes pear shaped for both

Pellegrini to Chelsea and Mourinho to Man City would have been a better match up for both clubs I think.
Man city would have got more short term success while Chelsea would have been stabilized as one of Europe's top teams.
Hopefully it goes pear shaped for both

I think City are actively attempting not to go down the same road as Chelsea who have always treated managers as a necessary evil, Mourinho is the perfect fit for them. Hes an ego maniac who never builds anything long term but guarantees instant success

In light of the mangerial moves this summer, confirmed and specualted, Mourinho to Chelsea, Pep to Munich, Pellegrini to City and possibly Ancelloti to Real the appointment of Moyes to Utd in seriously underwhelming considering the list of manager available

It is, but they've banked on the mentoring of Ferguson creating another 'great', which could well happen.

Fergie wouldn't have been able to work with any of them other managers. As underwhelming as Moyes is to their fanbase, there is logic to what they've done. They've banked on continuity rather than any sort of change. And continuity for them guarantees league titles.

It is, but they've banked on the mentoring of Ferguson creating another 'great', which could well happen.

Fergie wouldn't have been able to work with any of them other managers. As underwhelming as Moyes is to their fanbase, there is logic to what they've done. They've banked on continuity rather than any sort of change. And continuity for them guarantees league titles.

I see the logic to it, but it seems like the same sort of logic that landed Souness and Evans with the job here, we know they weren't the best managers available but we had a system that we were loath to break away from. It seems to me that they are attempting to replicate rather than replace Ferguson, its a massive gamble because he is essentially a one off, even if he sticks around and gives Moyes the benefit of his experience without undermining him (and thats a fine balancing act) its still no guarantee he will be successful. To me it seems they have deliberately gone for an inferior manager so that Ferguson could keep hanging around and sticking his oar in.

Here's a question: if we'd gone for Pellegrini (whom I believe we were also looking at) instead of Hodgson, how much better off (if at all) would we be now?

Here's a question: if we'd gone for Pellegrini (whom I believe we were also looking at) instead of Hodgson, how much better off (if at all) would we be now?

Well a lot better off!
We wouldn't have hired KK as manager and we more than likely wouldn't have spunked 100m on shite!
Oh and I believe he'd still be our manager today.

We all know about his achievements with Villarreal and he was really unlucky not to win La Liga, having led Real Madrid to a record 96 points in 09/10 season.

Took over Malaga when they were 3rd from bottom and led them to 11th place by end of 10/11 season. 4th place and CL qualification in his 1st full season in charge and despite the turmoil at the club this season, still managed to challenge for 4th place while earning a spot in CL Q-finals (could've been semis).

Think he deserves another shot at a title challenger (although I'm disappointed it could be at our expense).

I'm guessing we want to win the title aswell? We're far off but continuing with 6/7/8th isnt what we're all about.

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daoyOiCAXWc

He might already have been in place had former owner Thaksin Shinawatra lured him from Villarreal in 2007 before turning to Sven-Goran Eriksson.

And that was not 59-year-old Pellegrini's only brush with the Premier League, with Liverpool also apparently interested three years ago.

In 2010, after Rafael Benitez left Anfield, Pellegrini was available after his dismissal by Real Madrid but Malaga proved his next destination.

The Chilean, speaking as he was formally unveiled as City's new boss, said: "I had twice chances to arrive here before.

"One was to Manchester City but with the other owners, not these owners.

"Liverpool, I was very near, after Real Madrid, to arrive at Liverpool.

"But for different things, it was not the moment. Now it is the right moment with the right club."

He was on a free, the club was almost bankrupt and our management decided after reading the daily papers, we better off spending 2 million getting Hodgepodge and a few months later 6 million sacking him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom