• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Our least worst CB pairing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has conceded the most amount of shits?

Yvc8Kus.png

Hmm. I think VVD is a good player (Christ, for £75m he fucking wants to be), but I think it's unfair to expect miracles when he's got one of the two goalscopers behind him, two wildly inconsistent young RBs and his defensive partner is either Djimi Matip, fucking Lovren or The Binman.

I'm not really sure which of those is the least shit partner for VVD, but I'd simply prefer to re-state my case that VVD needs a new CB partner, stat.

You clearly don't hate Lovren as much as the others given that he's only "Fucking Lovren" instead of having earned an instant classic nickname.

It could be argued that Lovren is the better centre half out of he and Matip, but because he's the left-sided CB out of the two - he's going to struggle to get games cos that's VVD's position.

I think Klavan is being harshly dealt with, not only on here reading the opinions, but also by Klopp.

He was solid for at least 6 weeks, maybe longer before we bought Van Dijk.

But he's the one who got dropped to make way for Van Dijk, despite Lovren & Matip making the errors prior to his arrival, not him.

I know he was cheap, he's not the youngest & he didn't have the best of starts to his time at LFC.

But I'm a great believer in judging all players on their performances, not reputation. I thought Klavan was looking really good until Van Dijk came and he deserved first dibs on partnering him. But he's not had a look in.

Personally I think Klavan should be starting for us and if he kept playing like he was the 6 or so weeks before Van Dijk came, then we'd all be delighted with him.
Agree 100% regarding Klavan.

On issue of pairing...it really dont matter who plays their if the midfield have a meltdown. Having said that .. if we had Klavan in defence i think there would be less chance of us fucking up even with a midfield meltdown...why ? Because i think he is actually more clever than the others and senses the daanger earlier.

Agree 100% regarding Klavan.

On issue of pairing...it really dont matter who plays their if the midfield have a meltdown. Having said that .. if we had Klavan in defence i think there would be less chance of us fucking up even with a midfield meltdown...why ? Because i think he is actually more clever than the others and senses the daanger earlier.
Klavan plays on the left hand side the defence. So does VVD.

Playing them together wouldn't make much sense with that in mind.

Wasn't Klavan injured or ill recently? I thought it was the reason he wasn't in the squad in the last few games. On performance this season, he deserves to start as much as anyone.

Don't think VVD cares about whether he is playing right-sided or left-sided CB, he should be comfortable on both sides (as are Matip and Lovren); Klavan is the only one who is a bit one-footed and thus "tied" to one CB position.

Klavan was our form centre back before VVD walked through the door. Presumably, Klopp will want to go with Matip, which is a concern IMO.

Now, I've seen loads of people saying that they play on the same side of the centre. Is this a new thing? I didn't think anyone gave a fuck about that in the past. I'm happy for people to go lol Woland you fucking dick it's always been this way... But I doubt this left and right side of the central defence has come up nearly as much as it has lately. 'Get the two best ones on' has always been the way. Has this just been serendipity, or is this just another load of bullshit? Most people are right footed. Most of our fuck ups come from marking set pieces and getting drawn out of position.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER WHAT SIDE THE CUNT IS USED TO BEING ON?

When my dad was about 40 he got made redundant from British Leyland when they went bust, about the same time the docks laid tens of thousands off. I was about 10. Anyways, at least half of his mates took the redundancy and said, that's all I know. I can't do anything else. Like you can't retrain or reinvent yourself at all coz you've done some shit job for over 10 years. Is this what our central defence is? I can't play because my usual starting position is like 8 yards over there and I just can't handle it?

Fuck off.

Last edited:
Now, I've seen loads of people saying that they play on the same side of the centre. Is this a new thing? I didn't think anyone gave a fuck about that in the past. I'm happy for people to go lol Woland you fucking dick it's always been this way... But I doubt this left and right side of the central defence has come up nearly as much as it has lately. 'Get the two best ones on' has always been the way. Has this just been serendipity, or is this just another load of bullshit? Most people are right footed. Most of our fuck ups come from marking set pieces and getting drawn out of position.

WHAT THE FUCK DOES IT MATTER WHAT SIDE THE CUNT IS USED TO BEING ON?

LOL - @Woland I am so glad you have sent this because I really don't understand it - I get that for the back like there is the LB, and RB who need to be in their correct positions but the central two - fucking hell, I had no idea it's so important to have them left/right correctly. To me - they should be ok if they are the guys in the middle. I DON'T UNDERSTAND !!!

P.S. I love Klavan - he is No. 1 defender for LFC !!!

Yeah, I made this point a couple of years ago I think, stating that it doesn't matter much... then went on to explain that I was a centre back at a decent level, and despite being right-footed, I always played much better on the left. Didn't do my point any good.

It must be a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom