• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Masher agent to hold talks with Barca today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buddha

Very Well-Known
Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano's agent is due to hold talks with Barcelona on Wednesday afternoon, according to reports in Spain.

The Argentina international has been linked with a move to Spain and now his representative, Walter Tamer, is understood to have jetted into the Catalan to open discussions at Camp Nou.

No fee has been agreed with Liverpool, but Mascherano's desire to play at Barca could have helped push the Reds into allowing his agents to hear what is on offer.

Manager Rafa Benitez has stated that the European champions would not have enough money to buy Mascherano, but compatriot Lionel Messi would like play in the same club side as him.

Messi said in Lying rag: "It will beautiful if Barcelona signed Javier, as a player and a friend.

"Not only to have him on the pitch but also off it as well. He's a great player and would be a great signing."

If a deal for Mascherano is concluded then that could see Yaya Toure's time at Barcelona come to a close after just two seasons as talks over a new deal have yet to produce a result.

Something really needs to be done about these two cunts blatantly tapping up players.

If Mascherano wants to go then fuck him, same with Alonso and Arbeloa, fuck them all.
I want Torres' players who are proud of the shirt and who IMMEDIATELY scotch any rumours. Im sick of it. They wanna leave, then fuck em, rinse the cunts for every fucking penny.

Hmmm....if true then Mascherano is starting to do my tits in. He's obviously doing nothing to stop his agent and wants the move. Let's bleed Barca for as much as we can get.

Why the fuck our players this season!!!

So much for loyalty and the fucking words of the past at how much rafa saved him from west ham.

If this is true then let him hang his head in shame

Captain of Argentina and many miles left on the clock - minimum £35m.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34210.msg890007#msg890007 date=1245248552]
Yaya Toure and 30M please.
[/quote]

Eto'o, Yaya and £15m.

I'd take Yaya in part-ex, but I hope we haven't allowed Mascher's agent to talk to Barca without first agreeing a fee. Why would we do that?

[/quote]

That'd be acceptable. Toure's a very good player and it seems they're happy for him to go.

They'll probably offer us Toure / Eto'o + 15-20m.

Agreed Ken, Yaya and money please. Plenty of it. Toure has really impressed me, and has a bit of Essien about him.
As long as Mascher doesnt deny this, then you have to think he wants the move.

If there is any truth to this - and I am not sure, as it would go against everything we have heard from Benitez on the topic thus far - then its a real shame but ultimately not a disaster.
Macherano is an excellent player but if he goes its clear that its because he wants to, and I have little interest in having players at Liverpool who don't want to play for us.

It does seem a tad ungrateful though. He'd got himself into a right old mess when we signed him and at the stage we are at now you'd think our players should have the decency to hang around and help us finish the work.

The good thing is I guess that transfer fees are going insane this summer, Mascherano is very highly regarded and we should in theory be able to push the fee up massively.
Quite why we would let him speak to Barca without having sorted out any fee or even official contact though is beyond me,

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=34210.msg890011#msg890011 date=1245249339]
I'd take Yaya in part-ex, but I hope we haven't allowed Mascher's agent to talk to Barca without first agreeing a fee. Why would we do that?
[/quote]

Hopefully we haven't coz the story is bollocks.

[/quote]Id go with that.

dont see it I think it was a convenient card for all sides to play, Barca wanted Toure to know that they had alternatives and Mascher wanted Rafa to know that maybe he wanted a new deal similar to others like Kuyt Gerrard etc, i dont see him fitting in there now that Yaya has agreed a new deal, plus he would cost around £30m and there is no way they would pay that

in the unlikely event its true I would take Toure as part of any deal, plus maybe £10m

On another note, Barca would be nigh on unbeatable with Masher anchoring Xavi/Iniesta et al.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=34210.msg890022#msg890022 date=1245249673]
On another note, Barca would be nigh on unbeatable with Masher anchoring Xavi/Iniesta et al.
[/quote]

Not sure about that. They'd have a fucking midget midfield for a start.

[/quote]

barca are far from unbeatable, in fact chelsea in both legs made barca look decidedly average

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg890032#msg890032 date=1245250219]
[/quote]

barca are far from unbeatable, in fact chelsea in both legs made barca look decidedly average
[/quote]and lost.

[quote author=rage link=topic=34210.msg890019#msg890019 date=1245249578]
is yaya really any good? serious question, not seen enough of him
[/quote]

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/H7EcFd6Dz3Q[/flash]

This goal is amazing 😱

I always thought that it would be easier to replace mascher than alonso.

Eto'o + 20m for a replacement for mascher would be a good deal for us.

One other huge thing in Toure's favour is that he was fantastic at centre-back in the Champs league final. He'd save us a few bob in that sense too.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=34210.msg890003#msg890003 date=1245247761]
Something really needs to be done about these two cunts blatantly tapping up players.

If Mascherano wants to go then fuck him, same with Alonso and Arbeloa, fuck them all.
I want Torres' players who are proud of the shirt and who IMMEDIATELY scotch any rumours. Im sick of it. They wanna leave, then fuck em, rinse the cunts for every fucking penny.
[/quote]

Exactly. As i said before on another thread, if they really loved the club(like Torres)and really wanted to stay, they'd have come out and denied the rumours by now. I hope they dont go but if they want out then fuck them to high hell. Get 70 or 80 million ASAP and get replacements. This shit is getting on my fucking nerves.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=34210.msg890032#msg890032 date=1245250219]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Budha is talking about 'would be', you're talking about 'are'. Personally, I couldn't give a sh1t what Mascher would bring to Barca.

Great post by Oncy earlier in the thread. We want players who are 100% committed. First sign of agents talking to other clubs or any bollox in the press about their interest to play abroad and they'd be out the door with my boot up their arse.

I don't agree with the 'fuck Mascherano' attitude -  if his wife and kids aren't happy then he's bound to put them before us, just as anyone here with a family - which is most of you - would do so.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Mascherano isn't essential to Liverpool football club. He's a fantastic defensive midfielder who we paid a very high fee for and shines against the top sides in England and abroad. But he's a player with zero attacking ability and in the Premiership where 90% of the teams are inferior and defensive minded against the top sides, there is an argument that we can't afford such a luxury.

He would make more sense in a team like Barca where he would be surrounded by attacking flair, but we are not like them at all, and I still don't understand why they're determined to replace Yaya Toure. Regardless, we should demand a high fee and like Sheik says, bleed them dry.

Xabi Alonso leaving would cause me far more sleepless nights.

C'est la vie, Javier.

[/quote]

If we face them, dont worry. Our Nando has quite a penchant for scoring against Barca.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tMxp3REwEQ

One time after scoring he did a hulk hogan style hands cupped to ear, I cant hear ya , at the Nou Camp ( check out goal 7).
Caused a bit of a stir with the Nou Camp faithful.

Shoot me....but I didn't think Masher was all that good last season.

Certainly expendable for Cash + Eto'o.

But, we are Liverpool, so we'll likely get 22m.... end of story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom