• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Martin Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=32921.msg848965#msg848965 date=1240250561]
Spearing just made it 1-0
[/quote]

San Jose doing the ball playing thing to set it up.

Thats a pretty solid Bolton side, plenty of first teamers.

Spearing has looked excellent so far.

Horrible goalkeeping by Hansen. He's one of those that don't have a future with us.

Shocking defending by both teams. We're lucky to be ahead.

Spearing has been their Gerrard (again) tonight. Whenever he gets into those goalscoring positions, like Gerrard, I never doubt that he'll put the chance away. As I said in the other thread, I've always been a doubter, but there is no denying that the lads got ability and he's come on a lot over the last two seasons.

Nemeth looks nothing like the player we saw last season. Leaden footed, lethargic and basically crap. I know he's had an injury plagued season, but he's been back for a while now and looks desperately short of confidence and horribly frustrated. Shame. Hopefully he can pick things up soon.

Two brilliantly taken goals by Spearing the control to bring the ball down for the first was ace and tucked the second away wel while most players would have moaned about the free kick, good hat trick

Bruna has taken some giant steps forward of late, has played some very good passes behind the defence today.
Still, a loooooong way to go.

[quote author=livvy185 link=topic=32921.msg849038#msg849038 date=1240256923]
3-4 FT

Spearing looked livid.
[/quote]

I thought Fairclough sounded pretty disgusted throughout the second half, particularly with some of the attackers.

It'd a bit odd saying this when the team has just scored three goals, but there aren't enough goal scorers in that team. When Nemeth isn't in form and scoring (which he hasn't been all season) there is absolutely no-one to take on that burden.

Simon looks like Brouwer mk II minus the goals. Pacecho doesn't look a finisher at all and if he is to develop as everyone expects him to, he's going to need to improve a lot inside the box. Flora, meh. Bruna, Weijl and Crowther out wide don't contribute either.

Maybe next year with Saric fit (hopefully) and some of the lads like Dalla Valle and Eccleston from the youth team, things might be different.

As for the rest of the team, the midfield was way too open with Spearing running around like a madman trying to do everything and Palsson doing a Lucas. Darby needs to be moved back to RB and Mendy needs to be taken out back and...

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=32921.msg848962#msg848962 date=1240250490]
Martin Hansen; Emmanuel Mendy, Mikel San Jose, Godwin Antwi, Stephen Darby; Victor Palsson, Andras Simon, Jay Spearing, Gerardo Bruna, Daniel Pacheco, Krisztian Nemeth.

There's a couple of players there that really have to go after this season.
[/quote]

Players to go highlighted... none have really impressed me in the 5/6 times i've seen them. Bruna looks too lightweight, besides having a sweet strike on him. I've gotta admit, had it not been Mendy's first season, I've have added him to the list.

After watching tonight's game Kelly really does impress me. I think he should be put in the position of backup to the main three!!

Just wondering why he didn't play in the middle instead of Ayala and San Jose, who were shit yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom