• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Spurs : 20.00 Tuesday 10th Feb. 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Just an eleven hour flight and an inviting looking sofa. But it's cool. My mate has taken it.

Raheem Sterling is almost certainly OUT of Liverpool FC’s home clash againstTottenham Hotspur this evening – paving the way for Daniel Sturridge to make his long-awaited return to the starting line-up.

Sterling has been struggling with the foot injury that forced him to off eight minutes from the end of Saturday’s Merseyside derby goalless draw at Everton.
It came three days after a bruising FA Cup fourth round replay win over Bolton Wanderers during which Sterling, who scored Liverpool’s equaliser, was targeted for some rough treatment.

With Sterling sidelined, Sturridge is now in line to make his first start for the Reds since the 3-0 win at tonight’s opponents Tottenham back on August 31.
The striker returned from five months out with a goalscoring substitute appearance against West Ham United 10 days ago, and has since had further cameos at Bolton and Everton.

Philippe Coutinho has also been nursing a knock since the derby but Liverpool are increasingly hopeful he will feature tonight.
Lucas Leiva, though, will miss the next four to six weeks having aggravated a thigh problem at Goodison.

So here's my revised forecast for the team since we also know that BR is not going to change the back line and my feeling is he will revert to Gerrard in the centre :

............................... Ming

............ Can .......... Skrtel ....... Sahko

Ibe .............. Hendo ..........Gerrard ......... Moreno

......... Lallana ................................Coutinho
................................ Sturridge

Subs : Ward, Johnson, Lovren, Manquillo, Allen, Lambert, Markovic

I think Allen's going to start, and Gerrard will be on the bench, slated to start in the Crystal Palace FA Cup game in the weekend. Also, probably Borini or Balotelli will make the bench, with Manquillo making way. I doubt Rodgers will put three defenders on the bench for a game we need to win, especially with Markovic also a possible wing back option.

B9fYlFFCQAQavoh.jpg

Tottenham's form is worrying for our own aspirations, so we really need to get a win today, being top of that form table is just lovely, and I want to stay there!

I think Mystic's point was more about their form being a danger to our aspirations for the season as a whole.

Don't think we'll destroy them but I reckon we'll win by the odd goal, 1-0 or 2-1.

---------------simon-------------
------can---skrtel---sakho--------
ibe-----------------------------markovic
--------------henderson-------------
----------------------------allen------
-------gerrard-----------------------
---------sturridge-----ballotelli-----

might be a bit narrow but id go with this, or something

Rumoured team:

Ming
Can Skrtel Sakho
Ibe Gerrard Hendo Moreno
Markovic Coutinho
Sturridge

David James on Ming: 'He was on the sidelines briefly albeit for a few games'. He's hurting my head already and it's not even kick off time yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom