• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

For all the parents.

Whaddapie

Ever have one of those heart-warming moments, where the smallest little thing that your kid says or does actually changes your entire day..? I just did.

Life's not been a lorra lorra fun lately, between the work-related stress, kid-related lack of sleep and Rafa's determination to hand # 18 to those muppets. Today was particularly bad at work, and I came home, really, REALLY aggrivated.

Andie (5 on Monday) bounds up to me at the door, like one of the dogs, beaming from ear to ear... "Daddy! Guess what..? Haley is coming to my birthday party!". She kisses me, hugs me tight, and off she dances, singing to herself.

Haley was her little best friend in the pre-school that Andie goes to, but her family moved and took her out of the place about a year ago. Andie's missed her terribly ever since, and often gets sad because she's not around anymore... It was something that Amy & I thought she'd get over relatively quickly, but she hasn't.

Long story short, it turns out that Haley was just as sad as Andie, and has also been telling her parents that she misses Andie. Unbeknownst to us, we have a mutual friend, who, upon hearing their story of Haley's sadness, passed on our phone number to them (neither of us knew the other couple's surname), and they gave us a call today, out of the blue.

Et, voila - Haley's coming to the party on Saturday. And Andie is happier than she's ever been.

And I swear to you, as corny as it sounds, seeing her so happy and excited, and unable to stop smiling and talking about her party tonight, I actually felt my heart warm a little bit. I really did...

It really is the little things that make the rest of the day to day shite worthwhile, isn't it?

Cheers all.

Back
Top Bottom