• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

City back in for £32m Terry as Torres deal rejected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Terry's ire has been caused by not being consulted over Ancelloti's appointment, not knowing which mega players they're gonna sign, and having to wait one whole week for a meeting with Abramovich.

He takes 'being a big massive fucking cunt' to extraordinarily new levels. I'd love to pannel the fucker's face in.

Actually, I might want to edit my comment from above now. It gets fucking worse...

Chelsea are, however, mindful of dealings with Terry over his last contract talks in 2007, when he signed a five-year deal.

During those negotiations, Terry asked for a 10-year contract that included a clause guaranteeing he would be the club’s best-paid player for the duration of the deal. The defender also wanted an option to become Chelsea’s manager when he retired from playing.

I defy any of you to find a more horrible cunt that JT.

One of the more curious explanations for John Terry's disaffection with Chelsea is that when he turned up at the club for his meeting with Carlo Ancelotti, there was nobody to greet him. Is there somebody detailed to greet Terry at Chelsea every day? He has been going there since he was a teenager, so that must get pretty damn irritating.

Daily Mail, Martin Samuel

JT is getting too big an ego for his own good.

Chelsea are, however, mindful of dealings with Terry over his last contract talks in 2007, when he signed a five-year deal.

During those negotiations, Terry asked for a 10-year contract that included a clause guaranteeing he would be the club’s best-paid player for the duration of the deal. The defender also wanted an option to become Chelsea’s manager when he retired from playing.

My God. What an uber-cunt.

I rate him as a defender, but he's not *that* good.

Considering Sami was a better CB for most of his career it shows you how lcky we were to have someone with his attitude at the club.

The UK sports journalists have gone to new highs (or lows) this summer, so I'm assuming most of this Terry stuff is BS. However, even if only a small part of it is genuine, then Terry is a bigger cunt than I thought (and for the record - he's always been a cunt in my books). England captain...

To me that stuff about Terry being jacked off because he wasn't consulted, greeted or whatever sounds about as genuine as pixie sh!t. The subtext reads: "My head's been turned by the money Citeh are offering , but I've got to create a few so-called 'reasons' for seeming naffed off with Chelsea to justify going." It's Cashley Cole all over again, and it's pathetic. Serves the Chavs right though.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=34671.msg904841#msg904841 date=1247472924]
To me that stuff about Terry being jacked off because he wasn't consulted, greeted or whatever sounds about as genuine as pixie sh!t. The subtext reads: "My head's been turned by the money Citeh are offering , but I've got to create a few so-called 'reasons' for seeming naffed off with Chelsea to justify going." It's Cashley Cole all over again, and it's pathetic. Serves the Chavs right though.
[/quote]

Well Terry could of put this to bed pretty easily, the fact he hasn't suggests he either is interested or is going to try and get a payrise out of it. I think Chelsea might just call his bluff on this one.

Is this the same John Terry who was a boyhood Man Utd fanatic? Chelsea through and through my arse. Only when it suits him. Like most megalomaniac players I suppose.

Let him go there. It weakens Chelsea but doesn't really strengthen Man City who need more than Terry. And if Carvalho leaves as well...

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34671.msg904831#msg904831 date=1247471658]

Considering Sami was a better CB for most of his career it shows you how lcky we were to have someone with his attitude at the club.
[/quote]

Thank you, I was gonna say, am i the only person who thinks he's good but not all that?

Ferdinand, Vidic, Puyol and many others i can't think of are much better than him. £40million? Christ i know being english is good for your market value but this is just ridiculas.

Terry's a fine defender but it's certainly wiser to sell him for £30-40M.

Sadly though, the finances of the two clubs concerned means all logic goes out the window.

[quote author=Mystic link=topic=34671.msg904968#msg904968 date=1247487609]
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=34671.msg904831#msg904831 date=1247471658]

[/quote]

Thank you, I was gonna say, am i the only person who thinks he's good but not all that?

Ferdinand, Vidic, Puyol and many others i can't think of are much better than him. £40million? Christ i know being english is good for your market value but this is just ridiculas.
[/quote]

Even good players can be overhyped and Terry is very much in that category. He's a strong tackler, a good header of the ball and a good leader and organiser (I suspect that last bit is what Hughes is after, as much as playing ability). At the same time, his distribution is distinctly meh and he's also been very lucky in that his club side has been set up to cover his great weakness, which is that he has no pace whatsoever. He's been playing alongside Carvalho and with Makelele in front of him, which has meant that his slowness hasn't really been tested that much in the league over the years. It has been for England though, and he's regularly been found wanting at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom