• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Brighton v Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is scaring me.

Gini & Can are effectively in midfield.

TAA & Robertson are getting forwards, with TAA playing more as a winger (as he usually does).

That leaves Lovren alone, one through ball or long pass catching us unawares & we'll be in the back foot & outnumbered.

And even Lovren is playing in the opposite half a lot

We're asking for trouble

A throw in at their corner flag ends up with us playing it back to our own keeper ....

Id prefer Mane and Salah on the pitch together, because they're our best players and part from Coutinho, the only ones who offer any goal threat at all
In an ideal world, yeah, but a run of 13 games with only three or four day breaks in between them means you'd fuck them or possibly injure one or both.

Either way you risk having to play games without either of them.

It's a gamble either way, but this way means you have a few cards up your sleeve, as opposed to putting all your cards on the table.

As always, results will prove the decider. Should we win most of this 13 game run the more conservative approach will have definitely paid off.

I see that we have players that aren't defenders in defense, but the actual amount of players we're committing forward isn't particularly aggressive. It's just weird, with Can and Henderson sitting on top of each other, completely redundant half the time. It's supposed to be a defensive diamond, which is... yeah.

He's pushed their wingers right up now. Making sure they outnumber us whenever they attack, & they're almost ignoring the midfield cos ours is so ineffective, just dropping back to two banks of four when we have it & dropping back allowing us to do fuck all with it.

Scored from a corner.

We actually don't deserve the lead. Had loads of possession but I'm pretty sure that was our first shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom