• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Apparently we've signed Barca's youth coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

jan

Well-Known
According to "Sport"...

http://fcbtransfers.blogspot.com/2009/06/liverpool-signs-barcelona-youth-coach.html

Liverpool signs Barcelona youth coach

Catalan sports paper Sport reports that English Premier League club Liverpool has signed Barcelona youth coach Rodolfo Borrell.

Borrell signed yesterday a two-year contract with the English club and will become one of the coordinators of the Liverpool Academy. Last month, former Barcelona youth coach José Segura was already appointed as the new technical manager of the Academy.

rodolfo+borrell+barcelona+liverpool.jpg

I hate that blog. Every article seems to be about us and sensationalised to the max.

Cue a load of angry posts on other forums about how Rafa is replacing the loyal reds at the Academy with Spanish yes men.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34095.msg885626#msg885626 date=1244634495]
Cue a load of angry posts on other forums about how Rafa is replacing the loyal reds at the Academy with Spanish yes men.

[/quote]

I would be surprised, I don't think anyone feels the youth set up has been right ever since the Academy opened, do they?

regards

[quote author=Whitey85 link=topic=34095.msg885634#msg885634 date=1244635065]
Are they the same fans who bang on about OOT supporters?
[/quote]

Probably.

[/quote]

that would be a daft point of view, all rafa (or any other coach) for that matter wants is for young talent to break into the first team. if there was a local lad who had talent no way would his progress be blocked by an lad from overseas if he (the local lad) had more ability.
so a coach being a 'yes man' is largly irrelavent.

[quote author=David Byrne link=topic=34095.msg885624#msg885624 date=1244634273]
I hate that blog. Every article seems to be about us and sensationalised to the max.
[/quote]

I didn't bother checking other posts out, just got the link from a Barca friend of mine and thought I'd share.

There's no denying the youth system needed completely gutting.

Players haven't come through for far too long and there's no excuses at this level.

Any overhaul can only be good news because lets face it: it couldn't get much worse.

[quote author=jan link=topic=34095.msg885653#msg885653 date=1244636089]
[/quote]

I didn't bother checking other posts out, just got the link from a Barca friend of mine and thought I'd share.
[/quote]

No worries. Not sure it's the same site anyway. There's one called Sport on our newsnow feed which churns out endless shite about us.

[quote author=Vlads Quiff link=topic=34095.msg885637#msg885637 date=1244635343]

[/quote]

I would be surprised, I don't think anyone feels the youth set up has been right ever since the Academy opened, do they?

regards
[/quote]

I don't know - there seemed to be a lot of anger and suspicison over on TLW. Maybe RAWK too but can't remember.

[quote author=David Byrne link=topic=34095.msg885666#msg885666 date=1244636656]
[quote author=jan link=topic=34095.msg885653#msg885653 date=1244636089]
[/quote]

[/quote]

No worries. Not sure it's the same site anyway. There's one called Sport on our newsnow feed which churns out endless shite about us.
[/quote]

It isn't then, the link is a Barcelona transfer blog and Sport is a Catalan newspaper.

I wouldn't piss on the likes of Usher, Bascombe and Kelly if they were on fire. They're all self serving cunts who thrive on the clubs instability and so called 'insider' tittle tattle, while hiding behind this 'passionate Red' bollocks.

They don't like Rafa because he treats King of the tabloids Bascombe with the indifference he merits, and also because he can see that the likes of Spearing are not good enough, and the sheep over on TLW lap it all up.

Good news.

Their record with youth over the last few years is impressive to say the least and we've got two of the coaches who were involved in that success, can't be bad.

[/quote]

You were thinking of TLW when you wrote this weren't you.

[quote author=drizzt link=topic=34095.msg885737#msg885737 date=1244646384]

[/quote]

You were thinking of TLW when you wrote this weren't you.
[/quote]

It is weird how poisonous the mood is at TLW. For the last five years most of them where whining about how our academy is not doing well, we should be like Barca, Arsenal etc. When Rafa does something to improve it, they have all turned against him.

There's a bloke on there (Atk?) who claims to be an insider, posts the most negative 'news' possible and then completely ignores it when he's contradicted by reality. Most tiresome. Then, of course, there's Rashid (a.k.a., risibly, 'The Toxteth Terror'). I was just thinking the other week, I've had to endure that idiot Gooner-in-denial for more than a DECADE! Life's too short.

Heh, yeah I did have TLW in mind primarily. The thread they had about the kit man getting sacked was mental.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=34095.msg885771#msg885771 date=1244652752]
Heh, yeah I did have TLW in mind primarily. The thread they had about the kit man getting sacked was mental.
[/quote]

hahaha
That was what I had in mind also.

[quote author=gkmacca link=topic=34095.msg885770#msg885770 date=1244652567]
There's a bloke on there (Atk?) who claims to be an insider, posts the most negative 'news' possible and then completely ignores it when he's contradicted by reality. Most tiresome. Then, of course, there's Rashid (a.k.a., risibly, 'The Toxteth Terror'). I was just thinking the other week, I've had to endure that idiot Gooner-in-denial for more than a DECADE! Life's too short.
[/quote]

I'm sure Rashid posts on here. I think I've sussed who he is, but he'll probably deny it.

He's here as Rashid.

On topic though - given the stuff that Macca told us about the goings on in the Academy it needed gutting. Fair play to Rafa for going ahead with it.

[/quote]

He's an idiot. Another self serving big mouth who worships at the feet of the Sunday Sun judas.

Apparently Barry was a done deal, Rafa was willing to sell Xabi for 18 mill to fund it, oh and Agger hates Rafa and would force a move. Top notch stuff.

[quote author=David Byrne link=topic=34095.msg885876#msg885876 date=1244661520]
[/quote]

He's an idiot. Another self serving big mouth who worships at the feet of the Sunday S** judas.

Apparently Barry was a done deal, Rafa was willing to sell Xabi for 18 mill to fund it, oh and Agger hates Rafa and would force a move. Top notch stuff.
[/quote]

Are we talking about Rash?

"We'll never win trophies with players like Carragher and Riise in the team".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom