• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Anfield Road to take capacity to 60k+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, you could walk that in an hour & twenty minutes Pete. Fucking mad that.

Me & the lads used to walk the match, leaving at 10 & fucking about on the way to start queuing before 12 & miss the queue at the chippy opposite which would be stupidly long at 1pm.

I would walk mate, I love walking. Its the parents. At 67 and 65, I cant see them being able to manage it!

I would walk mate, I love walking. Its the parents. At 67 and 65, I cant see them being able to manage it!
I know you go with your parents, I wasn't suggesting you walked with them. Just find it mad that a it's almost as quick to walk considering the distance!

I know you go with your parents, I wasn't suggesting you walked with them. Just find it mad that a it's almost as quick to walk considering the distance!

Oh haha, I thought you were saying walk it in future!

It was literally backed up from the flyover at the Rocket right down to Townsend. I've never seen it so bad.

Either every one had the same idea of "Get there early" or these 8000 extra seats are having an immediate effect on the roads.

My mate was worried about getting the ground in Saturday, with the extra zillions of people coming, but I reckoned 95% of the extra seats would be people coming down the M62 and there'd be difference getting in from by ours. That's how it worked out. It's all you fucking wools and oots buying the new tickets.

I'd go a different way. Left onto edge lane at the rocket, into old Swan, left down to green lane, along green lane, left on Tuebrook & right onto lower Breck Road. Should avoid almost all out of town traffic that way.

Is it impossible to build a massive Kop where Annie road and swap the ends?

I was thinking more along the lines of, does this mean there will be a Phase 3 later down the line to extend the Kop. Can't see it though, given the issues regarding over 60k capacity.

Plus Brendan's head will explode if the capacity isn't a nice round number.

I'd go a different way. Left onto edge lane at the rocket, into old Swan, left down to green lane, along green lane, left on Tuebrook & right onto lower Breck Road. Should avoid almost all out of town traffic that way.

I'll suggest that next time but we park on Townsend lane so thats the way we have always gone. I guess we could go your way come along by the supporters club, should be quieter that way.

I'll suggest that next time but we park on Townsend lane so thats the way we have always gone. I guess we could go your way come along by the supporters club, should be quieter that way.
Yep. Just do a right at the supporters club down onto townsend.

It's relatively direct but you avoid every single major road & choke point as soon as you get into Old Swan. I'd be amazed if it wasn't quicker.

It's much easier getting to woodison. Just construct a coracle out of the fragments of shattered dreams, power it with the essence of anti-Kopite hatred and float along a stream of fast-flowing Bitter tears.

I was thinking more along the lines of, does this mean there will be a Phase 3 later down the line to extend the Kop. Can't see it though, given the issues regarding over 60k capacity.

Plus Brendan's head will explode if the capacity isn't a nice round number.
It's a shame cos theoretically it's the easiest stand to redevelop as there's a fair bit of unused space behind the stand (that pointless concourse thing behind the wall & gates in front of the shop).

Also, you could walk that in an hour & twenty minutes Pete. Fucking mad that.

Me & the lads used to walk the match, leaving at 10 & fucking about on the way to start queuing before 12 & miss the queue at the chippy opposite which would be stupidly long at 1pm.
Imagine all the Dratini one could catch along the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom