• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

A humble apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silver Sean

Very Well-Known
Just wanted to apologise for my meltdown last week. I enjoy this forum more than any other and want to continue talking bollocks on here with you all. The trouble with living with a Hillsborough-related anoxic brain injury, and PTSD, is that sometimes I go into a tailspin of anger and struggle to control it. Being labelled a 'Superfan' is a sure fire way to start this process. It's a phrase that really gets to me. I'm a 45 year old Liverpool fan who first went to Anfield in 1972 and whose dad died of heart problems in 2007 having never recovered from the guilt of taking me to Hillsborough. As such I am extremely touchy about certain things. Believe me I'm infinitely better than I was before two years of therapy paid for by the HJC.
Not looking for sympathy (pretty sure an internet forum is not the place to go looking for that) but just wanted to put some sort of explanation out there.

Welcome back mate .. nothing to apologise for as far as I'm concerned, we understand the issues.

Looking forward to more of your Arsenal related posts !

Just wanted to apologise for my meltdown last week. I enjoy this forum more than any other and want to continue talking bollocks on here with you all. The trouble with living with a Hillsborough-related anoxic brain injury, and PTSD, is that sometimes I go into a tailspin of anger and struggle to control it. Being labelled a 'Superfan' is a sure fire way to start this process. It's a phrase that really gets to me. I'm a 45 year old Liverpool fan who first went to Anfield in 1972 and whose dad died of heart problems in 2007 having never recovered from the guilt of taking me to Hillsborough. As such I am extremely touchy about certain things. Believe me I'm infinitely better than I was before two years of therapy paid for by the HJC.
Not looking for sympathy (pretty sure an internet forum is not the place to go looking for that) but just wanted to put some sort of explanation out there.

You've got a >0.5 like to post ratio, that's pretty spectacular Sean. Glad you're back!

No need to apologise here at all. It wasn't a meltdown. You didn't enjoy the welcoming party that was thrown for the utd fan and flounced off for a bit. No harm done. I enjoy your passion in the threads even if you are obsessed with Arsenal and the likes. 😉 Then again we've got cats like Mystic who'll get all flustered at the mere mention of Spurs so we're screwed one way or another.

No need to apologise here at all. It wasn't a meltdown. You didn't enjoy the welcoming party that was thrown for the utd fan and flounced off for a bit. No harm done. I enjoy your passion in the threads even if you are obsessed with Arsenal and the likes. 😉 Then again we've got cats like Mystic who'll get all flustered at the mere mention of Spurs so we're screwed one way or another.

It's Spurs, it's different.

There's no need to apologise. We all have bad days. Some get vocalised , some don't. Best to have a pop and meltdown at some randoms on the internet rather than to people in real life mate.

That said, it's good to see you back.

Sean you think too much.
Thats the writer in you.
Nobody cares about yesterdays chip papers mate.

Spion is right you are gonna get savaged now though.
Gonna need a thick skin now pal.

Welcome back Sean. No need to apologise. We're all entitled to an opinion.

Having said that, I think you orchestrated this whole thing in an attempt to get more likes.

Having said that, I think you orchestrated this whole thing in an attempt to get more likes.
What gave you that idea Neal? Was it when he said he did the whole thing to gain likes?

Nah, he just loves the spotlight.

Drama queen. But, you're our drama queen so welcome back mate.

Am I a candidate for quiff of the year?

Neal, that is barley quiff of the week. This place is gone to the dogs for quiffing. Quiffing has gone meta recently. We have people quiffing on purpose for comedic effect and we even had one thread (Henderson's pass against Southampton) that went full blown quifftastic.

I think that's the most times the term to quiff has been referenced in one post on this thread. I need to lie down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom