• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Your Worst Day Ever?

The Nomad

Very Well-Known
So as I posted yesterday, I had a pretty much shite Monday this week. I knew my company were going for a restructure in other departments, but I didn't have a clue they were thinking on doing the same on my department. To be honest, I've been thinking on leaving for a while, spending more time on here each day, being in the role for 3 years, things can get stale. But I always thought I'd leave on my terms.

So I arrived at work, and my boss asked for a catch up later in the day (nothing out the ordinary), then one of my already scheduled meetings was with the HR director which was in the afternoon, she suddenly switched the venue. Alarm bells suddenly suddenly started. Especially when another director tells me that his job function has changed entirely.

I've never been in that situation before, so it was all raw for me. When I got to the venue and seeing my boss and the HR manager in the same meeting room, I knew what was coming, but I played the game anyway. It's weird, at that point you are in a state of shock to be told your job is at risk, and knowing that because you have been in the role for 3 years, they are probably looking for a shake up.

Driving home, I went through all the range of the emotions from, shock, denial, frustration, anger to acceptance. But with 2 small kids at home, it's the worst feeling going through that front door and telling your loved ones that you are at risk of losing your job.

In the evening, I was driving to an appointment, well in truth it was a pre-arranged interview with another company. I was 2 roundabouts away from the company, when I got shunted from behind by another driver. (Hence the whiplash). I was stationery so the car was only doing around 15-20mph, but just not being braced for it meant that I came off worst. Luckily the other driver was insured and admitted liability pretty much straight away. I've been in her position, and she was shaking like a leaf, so there was no point in being a bell-end about it. She kept thanking me for being so nice to her.

Not the best preparation for an interview, but I managed to exchange details, and get to my interview in time. Luckily the interview has gone well, and I have a second one tomorrow. Only question I fucked up was "what's your notice period", well it was 3 months, but obviously in my current situation it could be "now", but I was so focused on doing the interview as if my job wasn't at risk, I said "3 months", luckily I recovered it by saying "obviously I can try and reduce it, my company have been known to not keep people unnecessarily longer than needed to hand over".

So today is the day I find out about my current job situation, I'm between meetings right now and am shitting a big fuck off brick.

Has anyone else had a similar clusterfuck of a day? Or even worse to make me feel better?

Back
Top Bottom