• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Your top 5 LFC strikers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Modo

A contentious scando
It's Sunday , I'm bored. Fuck it, what's your top 5? If you're arsed make it your top 10.
BUT, it has to be strikers you've actually followed, not just VHS tapes or whatever. Like strikers you've seen play for Liverpool with adult eyes.

5. Owen - Has to be in my top 5 despite the fact that I can't stand him now. Really exciting to see this speedy little kid upfront back when defenders were slow. He could finish as well.

4. Torres - Probably the first time I saw a striker play for LFC that could do everything. He had it all, he could score headers, create opportunities for himself, finish, win balls, outpace defenders. Almost the perfect strikers to spearhead an attack. Injuries really took a toll on him. Just wasn't the same in his last season.

3. Fowler - Natural finisher. Best finisher I've ever seen.

2. Suarez - I thought Torres was complete however, this guy, was on a different level. Created his own chances, could score from basically anywhere, amazing work rate. I mean he basically carried us to the promised land in 2014. Never seen a striker with the tenacity of Suarez.

.1. Salah - Most clinical attacking player or striker in LFC history.

7iq6the.png

I did a double take at that table, thinking how come Rushie is so low down - then I noticed it is another example of history starting in 1992

He did say strikers you’ve seen play tbf.

1. Suarez
2. Torres
3. Fowler
4. Owen
5. Salah

I know he wasn't here for long but Aldridge was brilliant and part of one of our best ever title winning sides. Because of those memories I'd have him and Rush ahead of Owen and Fowler. We won leagues and European cups with the former and some pointless trinkets with the latter.

Can't really do a list though. Too many variables. Mo and Mane are defo up there with Suarez and Rush. Torres can get fucked for entirely childish reasons

Suarez
Salah
Fowler
Torres
Mane

This is based on your ‘adult eyes’ stipulation. My under 18 eyes, which could also see, would want to put Dalglish and Rush in there.

Five is too small a number for someone my age. Kevin Keegan was my 1st favorite, he's the main reason I became a Pool supporter as a kid and there have been too many others over the years.

In terms of sheer weight of goals Rush and Hunt would be among my five, and because they played in teams that were serial winners. Was Dalglish a striker? If so, he's got to be there. Keegan for electrifying the whole place when he came in and Suarez as a brilliant one man band who almost took us to a wholly unexpected league title.

Also complete agreement with @Modo and his list - much as I'd like to say Suarez, he was insane and Salah is more clinical.

Torres is sullied a bit by 2010 and how he went shit

Don't want to sound condescending but what people don't understand is that we've been spoilt by Salah. His goals to games ratio is so high that we're pretty much surprised if he doesn't score. Remember how amazing we thought Owen was when he scored 18-19 goals every season?
Salah is some kind of supercharged Owen. He already has 4 goals in 5 games and he should probably have had double that amount with the chances he's creating.

I don’t know what it is with Salah, like he’s amazing, scores shitloads of goals, is a Muslim lad, so in theory I should adore him as a role model but I just don’t know, I just don’t feel the same way about him as I did, Fowler, Suarez, Torres.

Owen was great but he pissed me off when he went to Madrid and I never really gave a shit.

With Torres, I absolutely adored him, and I was kinda understanding when he went to Chelsea cause he was getting shit. He was one of the most complete all round strikers we’ve ever had.

Suarez was a loveable cunt, and aside from Stevie G, the best player I’ve ever seen play for this football club.

Don't want to sound condescending but what people don't understand is that we've been spoilt by Salah. His goals to games ratio is so high that we're pretty much surprised if he doesn't score. Remember how amazing we thought Owen was when he scored 18-19 goals every season?
Salah is some kind of supercharged Owen. He already has 4 goals in 5 games and he should probably have had double that amount with the chances he's creating.
He looks better this year already. Sharper on the ball and with more tricks too. Funny thing is though... Salah is not better than Suarez or Torres despite the higher production. Neither of those had Bobby who unlocks his game and does a lot of his dirty work for him. Salah basically wasn't on the pitch before Bobby came on Saturday. This team makes every player look the best they can be.

He looks better this year already. Sharper on the ball and with more tricks too. Funny thing is though... Salah is not better than Suarez or Torres despite the higher production. Neither of those had Bobby who unlocks his game and does a lot of his dirty work for him. Salah basically wasn't on the pitch before Bobby came on Saturday. This team makes every player look the best they can be.
Yeah that's the scary thing. Having a peak Suarez next to Firmino and Salah or Mane. Wow!

Yes, this is absolutely true. People are whinging about Salah rather than appreciating how phenomenal his scoring record is.

Yeah that's the scary thing. Having a peak Suarez next to Firmino and Salah or Mane. Wow!
Bobby and Suarez would make up the hardest working most talented partnership I could imagine up top. I think they'd work well in any formation... even one with both Mane and Salah in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom